• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants weight loss & stimulant question

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashdance9

Bluelighter
hey everyone im in 23 years old female. I'm about to use adderall for weightloss because I really want to lose 15-20 lbs. Dieting isn't working for me I've tried everything and I just can't seem to stick to it and I know adderall make me feel not only motivated but happy and I think it speeds up my metabolism a little. So I know a lot of you all know what I'm about to ask, and won't ~approve~ but I'm in quick need to lose some body fat. I've gained a lot after being depressed for a while.
I'm wondering if any of you girls or guys have good advice on how to use adderall for weight loss and not gain it all back. Also, how to successfully beat the emotional ups and down you get at the end of the day when your coming down. That part is really challenging for me. -_-. I think I'm ready to commit to taking adderall for a month or so to lose this weight quicker because eating less and excersising more doesn't seem to be working for me. Anyway, any helpful friendly advice would be good. I know that I risk a chance of gaining it back when I stop but I'll worry about that later. Thanks! %_~

*also, if i do weight lifting/muscle training while on adderall will that help me prevent the muscle loss part so i wont be skinny fat~ ?

the answer to "how to not gain it back" is really the better solution to the weight loss issue in the first place.

stimulants will definitely kill your appetite. but they don't change your emotional attachments to food, so once you stop the stims, you tend to blimp out again.

if you did weight lifting/muscle training and ate a healthier diet you'd be able to lose the weight AND keep it off.

if eating less doesn't work for you, then neither will adderall, cause all it does is make you not want to eat so much.

if you decide the stimulant weight loss plan is for you, you can easily lose a ton of weight fast. and then once you stop, and that deep gnawing hunger sets in, you can often regain weight so fast you get stretch marks.

pop those daily + counsciously eat less = quick steady weight loss. not EXTREMELY rapid, and it shouldnt be that fast because the dose you use shouldnt be that high. just self-dose yourself, but not in the abuse dose levels that are guna fuck you up. if youre taking IR, you can maybe start off with 10mg for a few days then jump to 20-25. or you could start at 15 then jump to 25-30, so on and so on. learn how you react to it and which doses are right for you. you dont wana be dumping too much drug substance into your body while youre progressively losing weight, thats not healthy.

about 5 yrs. ago, i lost 67 lbs using adderall!!! and it came off fast, like right at 4 months. amazing, and it changed my life. i haven't gained any of the weight back, i'm 5.6 and weigh 138 lbs. so yeh, it can work. however, i only took it for a short while, and i exercised daily, and totally changed my diet. see, even though i am just now getting clean again after addictions to opiates, the flip side is that i am an exercise nut, eat healthily, pretty much vegetarian, just eat fish occasionally. so while nothing can totally replace old fashioned diet and exerise, ('cept drugs! LOL) just kidding. just be careful, and if you don't really need it for ADHD, then def. only use it for a short while. but yeh, i'm rockin my sz. 2 jeans, not a 14!!

it probably will speed up your metabolism a little, but it's a quick and quickly declining boost, similar to caffeine. it will indeed decrease your appetite, thus making you lose some weight, but all this does is puts your body in a starvation mode, slowing down your metabolism to about as low as it can go. It's amazing how much the body can adapt to these types of situations.

so therefore, the problem with this is it's a quick fix that will only hurt you in the end. once you stop taking them and you start eating more, you are only going to gain the weight back and more.

if you still insist on doing this, don't just eat less. you need to eat multiple small meals a day. right when you wake up eat something to get your body going, then eat 4-5 more small meals over the course of the day, staying away from eating 3-4 hours before you sleep.

I lost about 20 lbs from eating a can of tuna, 2 apples, half a grapefruit, lots of water, and a fair amount of whiskey a day lol

The trick is to stay away from carbs at all costs, and surprisingly enough, bananas. Other fruit are the way to go though. If you don't eat any starch and minimal fat, you shouldn't worry about your calorie intake. All you need is protein and calories

Well Desoxyn is prescription Methamphetamine, cousin to Ads, and prescription dosing for obesity with Desoxyn is 5mg orally 30 minutes prior to your meal. I believe you could use the equivalent amount of Ad and the results wouldn't differ too greatly but I suspect 10 mg vs 5 mg would produce the desired weight loss. Remember though that in such amount that you won't experience rapid weight loss but it will produce noticeable weight loss.

Start ingesting massive amounts of Cannabis Buds it indeed does speed up your metabolism just watch what you eat and you will eventually see results.

i have add but was off my ritalin for a while. i had gained 50lbs in one year and my psych at the time actually put me on ritalin/adderall to help curb my hunger and speed up my metabolism. it does work but as someone said, it is very easy to gain it back. after not eating, drinking, sleeping during a binge, i crash out, sleep forever and wake up absolutely starving. the rebound after the speed can definately put the weight back on. when you are on the stims, hunger goes down and for me, food just sounds horrible or i can only eat a little. im bad though, i get my meds for my add but i binge on them. over the last 2 months or so, after both binges put together, ive lost 13lbs. i have been able to keep it off or just fluctuate a little. it is a double edged sword. i would take them as prescribed and combine them with a balanced diet and excercise - use the meds as a supplement and not as the whole plan.

kc

.. Don't use adderall for weight loss. The person who posted above about 4-5 small meals a day - I eat a small meal about every 3.5 hours. I'm thin - walk/speed walk every single day. I make sure to keep moving.

Don't worry about carbs, in my opinion. If you don't deprive yourself of anything, you won't get cravings (eventually). Eat a small portion/taste of whatever you crave whenever you want it. Eventually you won't want those 'naughty' snacks or whatever (which you will learn are just FINE, not bad or 'naughty foods'.).

Sleep! This is key - sounds annoying and repetitive and false but seriously. Think -while sleeping, you are not thinking about food.
Don't starve yourself and don't use stimulants. These are very short terms ways. (and harmful to the body - in such cases)

I known from experience (I did anything and everything ..vice versa... under the sun, in my day/s. The aforementioned suggestions are what I found to be the ONLY long term, and 'easy' (in time) solution.

you don't need the adderall. it will fuck with your heart when you exercise....just need to eat right and exercise 20-30mins a day...

i have not found it possible to not lose weight on adds. and that's with only taking it on weekdays.

stimulant-thin never looks good on people though. something about the sunken features, loose skin, frazzled vibe.

I have fifteen years or so of experience with using amphetamines to lose weight, and seriously, if you don't have the discipline to stick to healthy eating and moderate exercise, you're very likely not prepared for the mental and physical strain that using drugs will cause.

Caloric restriction makes it harder to lose weight. If you do lose weight through restriction and drugs and don't gain it back within three to five years, you're a statistical anomaly. If you continue to use stimulants, you're endangering your health. It really sucks to be depressed, find a quick fix and think things are fine, then find yourself in the very same situation not-so-far into the future. I promise you, it will happen. But I never listened when people lectured me, so why should you?? haha

As far as using drugs to lose weight, the only thing that has truly worked for me is smoking weed. It makes me want to be outdoors and exercise, reduces fatigue, and helps me to make better choices about food. That may seem weird, but I actually know a lot of people who swear by it! So yeah, use drugs in a way that leads to a healthier lifestyle.

If you're going to use stimulants anyway, it would be a way better idea to go to an actual weight loss doctor, have them prescribe you diet pills, and monitor your blood pressure and general health, and counsel you re: healthier habits. Yeah, it's a rip-off because you're going to gain the weight back anyway, but if you're convinced that you want quick results, "medical weight loss" clinics are the way to go. I've regularly lost 20-30 lbs during my first one to two months going that route, and it costs much less than buying speed on the street. Phentermine/Adipex/etc. is ridiculously easy to get. As long as you're a warm body with cash in your hand, you won't be turned away.

I have dieted with adderall before very successfully. Even in small doses it helps stave off hunger while eating 1200-1600 calories a day with vegetables included and staying away from sugar especially soda. only drinking water will make all the difference. it can also motivate you to work out, but also sort of weakens you. as long as you're putting effort into working out you're good. you do not need to be operating at maximum potential and you will not be because it is an amphetamine, and a drug. what i previously described made the difference between the 4-pack and a gut to a 6 pack and a very small bump over 7 and 8 but you cannot cheat. that is the only thing. in 2 months I lost 18 lbs and now my eating habits are much healthier due to the results I saw from eating healthy.

I am having teeth pulled tomorrow afternoon and i took phentermine today and im on zoloft 25 mgs. Is this ok....

You'll lose mad weight in a matter of days. In addition to killing your appetite this stuff speeds up your metabolism very much.

I did this. Gained all the weight back when I got off the stimulants. Plus I looked like shit , it's a malnourished type of skinny look.

Status
Not open for further replies.