Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

news.com.au: December 27, 2002- 250kgs of ecstasy seized

ReD L1nE

Bluelighter
250kgs of ecstasy seized
December 27, 2002
AUSTRALIA'S largest ever ecstasy haul, believed to be worth $45 million, has been seized in a raid in Sydney.
A joint task force comprising officers from the Australian Federal Police, NSW Police and the NSW Crime Commission found the drugs on Christmas Eve.
The ecstasy tablets were seized during a raid on a property at Sylvania in Sydney's south on Tuesday, a police spokeswoman said.
About 250kg of ecstasy or MDMA tablets were allegedly found in the back of a van parked on the premises.
The haul of more than 700,000 tablets is believed to have an estimated street value of $45 million, police said today.
Three men were charged under the customs act with drug offences and were remanded in custody when they appeared in Parramatta Local Court on Christmas Day.
A 56-year-old unemployed Bondi man, a 52-year-old unemployed man from Sylvania and a 48-year-old Canadian national, living in Cronulla, are all due to appear in Central Local Court on January 15.
AAP
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5753517%255E2,00.html
Always seems to be old people getting done for large drug seizures.

Anyone know what pills they were?
so many Clovers and Smileys around
were these the ones seized??

Holy shit eh.
They looked like the white doves and blue dexters. But we would never know.
Don't worry they would be on the streets in no time.

^ Most likely they'll seize the reported 700,000 and resell another 400,000+ that they collected but didn't report. Hey, we are talking about the NSW police here. Oh who am I kidding, they probably resell the lot. After all, they are only human :D .
[edit] Upon further inspection, you will notice that 250 kgs going into 700,000 means that every pill is ~350mg. Now those pills would be MEGA-potent. That figure is around twice the weight of an average pill.
Sounds fishie!
[ 27 December 2002: Message edited by: Raving Loony ]

is anyone a reporter of any kind?
wouldnt these facts, despite being, i suppose conspirecy type, make a good article in the smh?
first and formostly i agree with the shadyness of the seizure or handle of it.
ps - if this article makes somebodies journalistic carreer i want to be invited to some fancy do you get to go to.

Originally posted by Trillian:
=
350,000,00?
although math was never my forte.

I think they use $70 as the final street value.
Thats always been the way.

Does it really matter what they were, how many there was or how much they think its worth? For each bust there’s inevitably another to replace it. Basic economics, if there’s a demand someone will supply.
Heres a few keywords to help ease your troubled minds.
...About 250kg of ecstasy...
...more than 700,000 tablets...
...estimated street value of $45 million...
No need to worry though the NSW police need to finance their staff Christmas party somehow ;)

the picture used on skynews australia was that of around 50 or so shiny pink pills with no logo that i could see, and a score on one side.
could be file footage..

imagine what these pills could of been? Each pill containing 200MG of MD, could of been :)

[randomidea]
While I'd like to carry on with a disgruntled rant about the cops being unable to catch a cold, the truth is that they are well informed and capable... I doubt they'd come up with a value based on figres as grossly misinformed as $64 a pill.
I think that the value we're looking at is calculated according to how much money will change hands for each pill by the time it reaches its consumer. Dealer one pays $x for the pill (add to tally), dealer two pays $xx for the pill (add to tally) and the consumer pays $xx (add to tally).
Remember - it's all dirty money according to the government...
Just a thought! Nothing to confirm it.
[/randomidea]

This is just like the bust that happened last year just before new years that created a "drought" and meant that everyone should be careful of the "dodgy pills" that are left now that this lot are off the streets. It's also kinda like the one that happened the year before that. And the year before that one too...
And I'll bet any money that there's another "record" bust next new years too...

Well its good to see the boys in blue were having a very merry christmas.
"Ooooh serg, look what santa left me in my christmas stocking. *gulp*"
Does anyone know how the police 'officially' dispose of 700 000+ pills. A big fuck-off incinerator?

They are going on $60 a pill which is crazy. I saw it on the news and although only for a second i thought they were white stars or something similar.

I thought I saw me a pink Dolphin Design on tele ?
Hands up who is worried that supply will dry up ?? Give up boys in blue. Alcohol causes far more damage !

i saw pink and blue ones on the tv... so who knows what they were..
to think that sorta thing was happening in lil old sylvania! hehehe
45 mil worth of drugs (street), it would have to be someone old and established (hence the age), i mean what kind of 18 yr old drug dealer has 20 million dollars to spend on pills.. hahaha

thought i saw some of those new white and brown specked double cherrys on the news