• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe methadone and precipitated wds

vicapro

Bluelighter
I have been taking methadone for about a month and a half now at 60 mgs a day, I have tried twice to switch over to suboxone because i have about 60 of the 2 mg ones laying around and have gone through precipitated wd both times. Each time i switched to a shorter acting opiate (either dope or oxy) til about 108 hrs after my last methadone use and then waited about 18 hrs after my last line of dope to take the suboxone. I did feel my withdrawals, not full blown, but they were definitely present. Both times after the pwds i started right back up on the methadone to take away that agonizing feeling that is definitely 10x worse than any wds i have ever felt. My question is that if i go into pwds when switching to suboxone again and i wait 12 hrs is there a chance that if i take more suboxone i could go back into full blown pwds all over again, or am i in the clear and it will take away the precipitated wds i mildly feel after 12 hrs. I am only asking this because i waited 12 hrs once after going through pwds and i just went back on the methadone beacuse i was affraid that if i took the suboxone again i would just go back to that horrible feeling. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

After being on 70mg methadone for a year, quitting that cold turkey and trying to switch to suboxone was horrible. 2 weeks after stopping suboxone still wouldn't help. Most rehabs/detox facilities won't take you if you are on higher than 30mg methadone, since the max dose of suboxnoe (32mg) apparently won't help you if you are on a higher dose.

If you get precipitated withdrawals, more suboxone made it worse for me. The only thing that remotely helped me was a huge shot of heroin and even that didn't totally fix me.