Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Half Ratings On Pillreports

whip

Bluelighter
I feel there should be half ratings eg 6.5 or 9.5 etc on Pillreports what do you people think ??
I have had plenty of pills that i have given the same rating but one was clearly better but just not that next level good.
an example of this recently is the clovers and panthers clovers are a clean 7 while panthers are 6.5 in my books but I just gave em both a 7.

Neh, as soon as you do that people will want to have 1/4 ratings etc etc.
Ratings and opinions are an exact science and the guidelines they have at the moment are pretty good imho. There are so many variables which effect the users opinions of a pill that i don't think getting ultra detailed in the rating is warranted. What a harden user might classify as a weak pill, may be just right for a beginner. Whilst some like rushy pills others prefer them more mellow. I wouldn't mind if the rating system was out of 5. I think the comments are much more useful than the ratings. If anything should be modified it should be the introduction of more comprehensive and detailed comments.

s m a c k o : are you joking mate ? or did you not read the post at all?

2 MUCH hahah it would take the administrator about 10min to add the extra values into the drop down list simple.

oh great... so then we have to listen to you wankers going "hey d00d! how could yu rate that a 6.237 when it is so obviously a 6.289 pill!"
fucking trainspotters...

oh great... so then we have to listen to you wankers going "hey d00d! how could yu rate that a 6.237 when it is so obviously a 6.289 pill!"
Mate your taking this way out of proportion just a simple suggestion to make the site a little more accurate. it's remarks like this that make people not want to post anything. Are we entitled to an opinion on this board or do the mods/admin just tell everyone they are
fucking trainspotters...
When they give an opinion ?

Why would you bother giving a rating with a .5 attached to it? Your user report can contain info like that if you think it's necessary.
IMO the ratings are pretty subjective anyway (depends on personal preference, experience, recent useage, mindset and setting etc etc) so it seems like a bit much to ask that people give a more precise rating..
*shrug*

ok im a pillreports admin, not one who can code for the database however. i think if we allowed half ratings it takes away from the main aim of the site which is to provide harm reduction information about which pills are currently being sold as ecstasy. due to tollerances, and the fact pills are so varied even between batches, and from person to person including set and setting it is impossible to rate pills accurately and because of this it is best to keep it simple. if you do feel it deserves 7.5 not 7 simply say it in the comments field, other than that it is an unnecessary addition in my opinion.

I think half ratings suck, but it should definitely be rated out of 20 instead of 10...

The whole "numbers" rating is so highly subjective in the first instance I wonder how useful it is as a guide anyway. If you want highlight the consistancy of a report, surely you can make more in depth and descriptive comments combined with an EZ Test? How adding extra rating scale is going to increase the quality of information on pillreports is a little beyond me.

^^ wot he said. you cannot, by definition, make a subjective scale more accurate. i hate the ratings system and wish it hadn't been introduced, but apparently some of you love it, and it gives you all something to fight about it, so whatever.
you're entitled to an opinion. i'm entitled to say it is shite. you are then entitled to tell me to get fucked. so is the way of the universe. enjoy.
from a harm reduction point of view the ratings are irrelevant. all i'd want to see on a report is a description of the effects, a reagent test or three, and a note about whether or not you went to hospital afterwards. anything else is masturbation. saying you know what a 9 is, and sneering at anyone who dares to give what you consider a 7 that rating is the worst sort of posing.
keep in mind that i am not directing this vitriol at you, whip, it is more for the people who abuse the rating system, and see things in it that aren't there. yes it would take less than 5 minutes for an admin to change a setting of the database but why should we if it isn't actually going to help anything?
i'm more than happy to hear any other suggestions you may have for the site, it's just this one isn't IMO particularly worthwhile.

Ive given up rating things in numbers as basically I don't think it helps anyone and I find pills so hard to rate, I do however try and provide a full description of the pill and E1/E2/Lab test result.
I find rating pills on pillreports according to the guidelines incredibly difficult on pillreports.
[ 23 December 2002: Message edited by: mashead testing ]

Beacause of the above mentioned differences, and all the other factors that come into play, such as mood and setting, the ratings are about as important to me as if someone say's the pill is "smacky" or has "acid and coke in it for sure".
You can go out for a night and rate the pill as an 8, and 50% of that could just be because you had a great time.
The only reason I use the rating's is to check for zero's so I can keep an eye out for bunk pills.
Don't get me wrong Whip, props for throwing idea's around to try and better the site, I just happen to think the rating's are bad enough as they are.
Cheers

the only reason i use the ratings is to get a general idea of the pill... if there are five reports on a pill, and they all say 8 or 9, logic says theres a high chance to be better than five reports on another pill that all say 6 or 7.
it works through quantity of reports and thinking about the average ratings, not through individual ratings. i do agree with whats been said by the mods, the rating system is useless beyond what ive said, and complicating it by giving the user more choice would be unnecessary.
but keep the comments coming about the site, i think its best for the system if the mods receive feedback from users.
and i also think that if feedback, even suggestions that arent valid, are received with such heavy sarcasm, they will slowly stop appearing at all.
[ 24 December 2002: Message edited by: melancholic ]