Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantic2002

Bluelighter
Hi Guys,
Was just wondering if you new of anyway to stop those fu#$ing sniffer dogs from sticking there head down ya dacks and ripping out ya stash. The last couple of major raves in sydney has been flooded by the bastards. I heard citranella turns there guts and they wont come near you
Thoughts??

I've been a fan of using chilli powder or curry powder in the baggie.
I also once put the baggie in another baggie of vinegar, but it wasn't water tight, so it leaked in and dissolved the binders of my pills. That was an interesting night.

jester, using chilli powder actually in the same baggie as the pills?
i spose pills taste bad anyway, but wouldnt it just fuken burn?
and is the idea to make the dogs nose irritated by the chilli or to just mask the smell of the pill?
:)

Well for me i think the idea of double bagging with pills in the internal bag and chilli in the outa would be a great idea. Can anyone think of anything better to kill the scent?? febreeze maybe lol..
I remember one night at a club with a couple of pills in my pocket really off my chops seeing 3 police with a sniffer dog come in and get within 3 ft of me... i was nervous as hell but didn't show it.. anyways they did a random search and kept going. The dog didn't pick anything up!!

melancholic: I put it in the baggie just cause I can't be fucked getting another one. The chilli doesn't bother me, kinda gives an exotic edge to the crappy taste of pills. ;)

Just shelve all your pills...
The dogs always sniff peoples arses anyway, so the handler wont realise they are actually finding things :p

I been thinking about this recently,
Are the sniffer dogs only attracted to certain smells, ie weed etc (drugs)
Or just anything outta the ordinary.
If its the latter then wouldnt stuffing a bag of currie powder or coffee grounds down ur pants just attract more attention?
if u have 1 pill in a sealed baggie on ur person i highly doubt a dog will smell it when u think of all teh other millions of intense smells that it is experiencing
I think the doggie thing is overrated, yes u can get busted but i believe u are an unfourtunate sod. Surley you woul dneed to have a large quanitiy on you to be detected, unless ur carrying somthing like weed aswell?
Either way i think the best thing to do to go undetected is to simply not freak out when u see them, dogs can sense that.
Stay calm (harder said than done!) dont panic, simply dont acknowledge their presence and stay away from them as best as u can is the best method i can see

Originally posted by Fetish Jester:
melancholic: I put it in the baggie just cause I can't be fucked getting another one. The chilli doesn't bother me, kinda gives an exotic edge to the crappy taste of pills. ;)
You forgot to mention the unbelievable buzz you get from pluggin them. :D

Couple of things to remember:
The handler: They're watching your reaction when the dog sniffs your pockets/bag. The handler is gonna watch to see if you shit yourself under scrutiny.
Contamination: When bagging weed/chemicals, residue or resin can be left on your fingers. This means that when you seal that baggie, you are smearing some of the telltale smell on the outside of the bag. Have clean hands, and wash your hands before touching any outer baggies, if possible.
BigTrancer :)

These dogs are trained to differentiate. For them it is just a game, but one they can be very good at. How many pills have you had which smell like safrole? Almost all of the MDMA ones, right?
Chances are these dogs are trained for the smells of safrole, iso, piperonal, PMK, bromosafrole and solvents etc. - not specifically for MDMA - as most amphetamines when pure have little or no smell. This was a problem for drug detection agencies for years. So they use the usual constituents of impurities and un-reacted smelly chemicals to train the dogs. How hard would it be to sniff for usual Meth impurities? Most people in Australia think Meth is supposed to smell like cats piss. WRONG!
But what if someone bought in a bunch of meth made by another method with none of the dog trained impurities in it? Depending on what the dog has been trained for, he may not recognise anything.
If you put your head into a food or perfume shop, the range of smells is often considerable, but you can still usually distinguish the thing you're looking for if it’s there.
Now imagine your sense of smell amplified 1000 times. If you could normally smell a pill outside of a clippy, I bet you'd smell it inside a clipped up bag with such a sensitive nose. We are talking a few molecules here. If you touched it with your fingers, then clipped up the bag….
The main objective (and I'm not recommending anything illegal here) when trying to put off a sniffer dog, is to upset his sense of smell, not to mask something by another scent. A good sniffer dog will not be put off in the slightest.
But if something upsets his ability to smell; now that is a different story. Dogs depend a great deal on smell, almost as much as we depend upon sight and hearing together. The "appropriate" thing here maybe a natural (or synthetic) repellant. People have suggested vinegar, chili etc. Try adding ginger powder to the list. Dogs hate it, and nothing (excuse the pun) gets up a dogs nose quicker than ginger.
Many years ago when getting busted for a joint usually landed you in one, ginger had proven itself most effective in deterring the standard police issue Labrador.

Hmm phase ur right (as usuall :D )
But i still feel if u were to be picked outta a line for a rave/club etc by a dog (happened about 5 blokes behind me one time) and searched ur very unlucky, wot with the amount of ppl in the line and the ratio of those carrying.
And your point about ginger, is that crushed ginger put in an outer baggie? Or is it like rubbing ginger on the outside of the baggie?
Cheers phase_dancer

i think its pretty fair to say that smells are stronger when theres a large quantity of something of that smell, rather than a small amount. this sort of logic would apply to almost anything.
logic states that the dogs would be more likely to smell quantity, and an indication of this is when the dog walks along a line of people attending an event, lets say 50% carrying some form of methamphetamine, and the dogs only pick out a couple of people.
another point worth noting, the police are there for a scare tactic. they want to minimize people using drugs so they get out there, bust a couple people, and generally make their presence known. theyre intention is not to bust as many people as possible (unless its a raid) because i dont think theyd have the resources or facilities to do so. we're talking numbers in thousands should they be trying to bust every person attending a large commercial sydney rave.
and saying 'dont freak out' is much easier said than done. for some people, like myself for instance, who shake during a job interview, how the fuck am i supposed to remain calm when im face to face with a dirty fuken mutt who may well playfully fuck me up :)
FJ - hmmm chilli powder, i have enough trouble just with the taste of the pill :)
Loony - thats just insane!!!
PD - you dont think that the dog would give some indication that theyre sense of smell has been agitated, and that the police could pick up on this? i mean i dont wanna irritate some dog so that it looks real suspicious... a clump of fresh ginger to a human nose can be irritating, a clump to a sense of smell so enhanced??

IF I had the need to deter a dog - which I don’t - then I would use ginger powder, the stuff you buy for baking etc. and dust anything the animal is likely to sniff. All it would take would be a few grains to cause irritation. Of course as melancholic says, this in itself could be seen to be suspicious, so no guarantees of effectiveness or assured discretion.
Remember that anything seen as an attempt to interfere with an officer carrying out his duty (dogs are police employees too you know ;) ) could easily result in charges being laid.
Like most social injustices, this issue needs to be fought with a legal front. Evading by willfully interfering gets attention but nearly always results in a backlash. If sniffer dogs can't do the job because they are not reliable, then police will upgrade at the first opportunity to fancier scanning techniques which will be harder to foil. Then any argument for indignity suffered from a sniffing dog would be all but lost.
The struggle needs to focus at the root, and that is the legislation surrounding civil rights, harm minimisation stances, society’s acceptance of such invasion (the old guilty until proven innocent) and the stats from past arrests using dogs. Are the offenders caught users or dealers? Is this effective policy?
The future of public/event sniffing will probably see Robocop like machines which will sniff, bark and bite. Watch out for that time! The trusty old cop on the beat with his furry friend may not have been so intimidating after all ;)

In the airports, I seem to remember that the dogs are trained to look for out-of-the-ordinary smells, which gets around people packing drugs in coffee beans or ginger. I wonder how different the package has to smell before it stands out above the 'noise' of background smells.
I also think that if the dog sniffed your pants/bag and then started frantically pawing its nose and yelping due to ginger/curry/chili powder... it might be pretty obvious.
BigTrancer :)

when me and my cronies were sniffed by a dog, none of us were discovered - except one . . .
. . . and he was the only non smoker . . . hmmm . . .
also, this sounds stupid, but my chick friend uses a very strong calvin klein fragrance, and lots of it . . . we reckon thats how she got away with it . . .
i dont know how i got away with it . . . the dog sniffed my shoes and socks, yet the pill was in the little coin pocket in my trousers . . . a mere foot or so away . . .
i always thought the dog was retarded, but thats just me . . .
what are the chances of getting sniffed on new years eve? . . . is that a day police target for drugs? . . . it seems pretty obvious, doesnt it? . . .
peace and blessed be . . .
crow011 . . .

What about putting it in a small seal bag and then spraying yourself with perfume? I'm going Utopia on New Year's Eve. I hope their ain't any of them mutts there.

quoted by crow011:
i dont know how i got away with it . . . the dog sniffed my shoes and socks, yet the pill was in the little coin pocket in my trousers . . . a mere foot or so away . .
so your feet are 30cm or so away from your hips, intersting....... ;)
[ 24 December 2002: Message edited by: mossy ]

Unfortunately people lets not forget that this thread may assist the cops in future “sniffer” operations.
Anyway, deodorant is a great masking agent. Its common, everyone uses it..... fuck even the handler uses it. Basically, it has no stand-out smell to the dog.

I've remarked about this in another thread but a 100% guarunteed way to avoid detection through the gates (not so much when it is opened) is to put all your drugs in a clip bag, then put that inside a condom and tie it up. Now go have a shower and bring the condom goodness in and wash it and you.
Once you are clean get into some frsh cloths and put the drugs anywhere. The condom is air/water tight so no fragrance can escape it. If a dog walks by you then don't respond to it with the confidence you would have if you weren't carrying anything.
------------------
"You have to understand that [star] Harrison [Ford] is going to be 62 years old when the film [begins production in 2004], so we had to push the years into the 1950s"

Status
Not open for further replies.