Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

**extreme** weight loss / gain

fear+loathing

Bluelighter
I have been doing speed (main drug of choice) on and off for about 7 years now and my weight fluctuates very severly (around 25kgs!!!!!) which has caused major problems with my skin's elasticity amoungst other things :( .
The weight gain/ weight loss happens at very rapid rates also, too rapid- which I'm guessing is REALLY bad for me.
Has anyone else had any experiences like this?
NB: I'm unsure whether this topic belongs here so mods- please direct it to wherever it needs to go if it's unsuitable for this forum.

Possibly Health Q&A might field some answers for you, but there are some smart cookies here who read both forums as well. If there's no joy in a couple of days here, I'll move the topic over to there for you.
BigTrancer :)

How often/heavily are you using speed?
Are you male or female? If you are female, do you get your period?
Do you eat healthily/regularily? Do you eat ENOUGH?
You said you are having problems with your skin's elasticity, among 'other things'. What are the other things, if you don't mind telling us?

Thanx BT, but what I was really after was some empathy/ stories of ppl with similar experiences.. any advice would be a bonus! :)
I just feel like a bit of a freak when someone sees me one week and I look a certain way, and 1 week later I'm like 6/7/8kgs lighter/heavier.
In answer to your questions though, I'm female and when I go on a binge with say, speed, it goes on for weeks and it's everyday.
I still get my period but it's not regular..
ummm.. without going into my heath history (it's pretty fucked up), I'm not a big eater at all (thats why I don't understand the weight gain), and other noted problems include bouts of acne (when doing speed for days on end), continous burning pain in the gut, and sometimes (even when I'm not using) my heart does a weird thing where it does like 2 really fast beats and then strugggggggles to beat again and then goes right back to normal- (this happens out of the blue)..
I think I'll leave it there- I've blabbed on enough for now!
F+L
one big fat (skinny,fat,skinny,fat....) blabber mouth :)

Yeah, my ex was like this. I feel really sorry for you cause I know the effects that this is having on your body. She had the weight loss, skin elasticity and acne. She'd been using for 13 years and was slamming (injecting) speed, quite a lot of it. She was pretty self-conscious because she used to be really beautiful and she really regretted what drugs had done to her skin.
All the best.

This cycle sounds pretty unhealthy, but I guess you know that! Do you mean to lose weight, or is it just by accident? Your body is telling you that you are pushing it too hard and you need to slow down if you want things to change.
I guess the weight fluctuation means you have stuffed up your metabolism. Obviously, when you use lots of speed you lose weight because you 1) don't eat and 2) speed is a stimulant, and increases your metabolism. When you take a break, you aren't eating much either from the sounds of it, so your body goes into starvation mode. This is where your metabolism slows, because it thinks it isn't getting enough nutrition. This is a homeostatic mechanism, and is the reason why many diets fail. To correct this, you should be trying to have some oral intake when you are using speed, and a regular (as in 3 meals a day plus snacks) nutritious diet when you aren't.
I imagine the weight fluctuations are causing your menstrual disturbances. I will try to look into the effects of weight fluctuation on female hormone levels...otherwise, fluctuating weight isn't of itself a major concern. Rapid weight loss can be dangerous though, and you are clearly suffering some ill effects from it.
You should see a Dr for a physical examination to review your abdo pains (you could have an ulcer of gallbladder problems, which can apparently be caused by rapid weight loss), your heart and your general health. You could also see a dietitian to help you instigate a healthy eating plan too.

Thanx for the reply u two.. :)
babydoc- Re: whether I intentionally lose weight or not, the answer has to be both yes, and no...
I know that may seem impossible, but if I suddenly stack on the weight, I tend to dab meth on my tongue through-out the day as an appetite suppressant..
Then again, someyimes I just drop weight really rapidly without even thinking about it and not meaning to..
It's all pretty fukt up to say the least...

Would I be correct in saying (this is worked out from my own experiences)
When you go on your speed binjes you drop lotsa weight cause you eat less & your body races like mad burning up every reserve you have.
When you stop the bijes & start putting food back into the system. Your body stores absolutely everything possible in case it has to encounter future starvations which it does when you start another binje & the cycle continues.
Everybody I know that has become a serious speed user has shed many kilo's.
It was even sad to hear that in my region many young girls were using speed to loose weight which then turned to addiction.
This then raises 2 concerns.
Always be carefull in your usage & as we always hear.... moderation is the key.

That's exactly right.. but I seem to fluctuate really rapidly, I can actually go so far as to say that my weight changes day to day... :\
I've never come across anyone else experiencing the same problem..