Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Taurine for comedowns

ME_AM_PRODUCT

Bluelighter
I found an article on Erowid about Taurine (one of the key ingredients in Red Bull), one section grabbed my interest.
According to a couple of articles, it inhibits the release of norepinephrine and acetylcholine, stimulates the release of gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), and increases the production of serotonin and melatonin by stimulating the activity of N-acetyltransferase.
A Red Bull could be good for what ails you on those long hot scatter-days.
Full article here, worth a look

Interesting. I can't speak for how good it would be for a comedown cos i'd only be guessing, but one problem I can see with Red Bull is that it also includes a buttload of caffine. Which if you've been out on stimulants all night is probably something you don't really need.
Anyone know if it's possible to get taurine on it's own, in a convenient tablet or powder that you'd purchase from a place like coles?

Hmmm... Taurine is banned in the states, it was experemented with as a combat aid on servicemen in vietnam. Their enthusiasm waned after it caused massive strokes in some of the soldiers.

You can try some special brand catfood... Cats need taurine, and a lot of the catfood you get at Vets have taurine in it.
Some online Vitamin companys also sell taurine. I saw one place selling 500mg tablets of the stuff, though I really think that if you want to handle a comedown the best thing to do is stick with vits that haven't had such a bad press.
Antioxidants, some amino acids and sleep, it's the safest way, dammit.