Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

People DO that???

mutant

Bluelighter
Oki so in an attempt to battle the disgusting army of cockroaches that's started to infiltrate into my house, I went out and bought some spray. I was checking out the labels and shit and was really amused to read this:
<b>WARNING: Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling contents can be harmful or fatal.</b>
Ummm okay... so do people really like to sniff bug spray? People really DO that??? And here I was thinking that the ghettoest of ghetto you could get was drinking cough syrup to get high. I feel so naive. :D

Warnings against wanton stupidity does nothing to indicate potential for recreational use. I understand people who like to chrome generally use solvent based paint spray.

Well, the propellant in the spray DOES have butane and propane, both which do give a "high", but there is a medical term for inhaling hydrocarbons for recreational use: FUCKING STUPID.
The inhaling of hydrocarbons comes with a list of very toxic side effects:
"Prolonged exposure to inhalant and volatile solvents produces toxic effects such as: (a) acute encephalopathy (brain disease); (b) cerebellar ataxia (staggering gait); and (c) peripheral neuropathy (visual and hearing impairments)
And those are PERMANENT.
And all of that just for a feeling akin to alcohol or some other CNS depressant.
Thankfully, I've never been braindead enough to attempt to inhale butane or propane... I discovered bulbs. ;)
[ 07 December 2002: Message edited by: Fetish Jester ]

They have tags on hairdryers that say "do not use in the shower". I think that proves that these warnings are really catering for the lowest common denominator. Same reason that McDonalds has to specifically write that the "contents may be hot" on their coffee cups.
These warnings aren't to protect the end user, they're to protect the manufacturer in the event that some fucking dipshit does something stupid and then tries to sue them because they weren't explicitly told not to do it.

Claymore mines have "Front - This Side Towards Enemy" on them. Seriously.

People use all kinds of inhalants as a cheap way of getting high - from petrol to artline pens...
I've seen someone spray some mortein into a towel and smother himself with it. It doesn't look pleasant, and he said afterwards he felt dumber for doing it. A lingering headache, vertigo and other unpleasant effects were the main things he described.
For lots of info on all sorts of inhalants and their uses, check out the Erowid Inhalants Vault.
:)

Errrrr just to clarify, I didn't ask this question because I was thinking of inhaling the bug spray!! I was just interested to know if people really do that stuff. Thanks for the info. :D

I remember guys at my school back in year 8 used to get high by spraying deodorant through a towel and inhaling....
that always sounded pretty fuckn stupid to me.

New Zealand's reaction to the news is as expected. Coroner Gordon Matenga is calling for "bigger warnings on fly spray cans" after the second fly spray death in Waikato. He explains, "It (is) prevalent for New Zealand young people to sniff fly spray for a quick buzz."
A quick "buzz" hahahah get it? Get it...?
BigTrancer ;)

My ex g/f done it and it fucked her head up......that's my story and I am sticking to it!!! ;)