Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Possible morphine speed mix

SeveredPsyche

Bluelighter
Not sure if this is the right place, but as it is Aus related it seemed the most appropriate.
In a very southern area of Australia, there is a variety of "speed" being sold which appears to also contain an opiate of some sort. It hasn't been tested so we can't be sure, but regular opiate users recognise the sensation instantly and are guessing morphine (the most popular opiate in these parts).
Not being an opiate user, I also noticed a difference and was later told it was probably morphine.
It is a claggy dark pink/brown, no liquid, and mixes up to a cloudy brown colour.
It apparently originates from a certain national organisation known for fund raising in this manner, however this could've been made locally.
All this is totally unconfirmed information from a number of people in the know. I thought it worth mentioning in case it can help prevent the average speed user developing an opiate habit or, even worse, OD'ing. Will try to find out more info if there is any interest.

What would the point be of putting morphine into speed?
Firstly, speed is addictive enough.
Morphine has a sedative effect, a pain relieving effect, and is not exactly dirt cheap.
It also seems that it is obvious that there is something else in the 'speed'. Why would dealers want people to think they were ripped off? :)
Surely if you were to mix speed with anything, it would be something else, something cheaper, something harder to detect?

dimmo:
What would the point be of putting morphine into speed?
Firstly, speed is addictive enough.
Morphine very much more so. It adds effects to a dodgy batch (morph is everywhere here and is easy & cheap enough to get). But this is a good question and I don't know the answer. I did realise how this would sound and do not post this lightly.
It also seems that it is obvious that there is something else in the 'speed'. Why would dealers want people to think they were ripped off? :)
The dealers (retailers in this case) may not have been aware of what they were getting. Anyway, I should be seeing someone later on today who can hopefully help clear things up. Personally, I wouldn't discount something simply because "it doesn't make sense" (to someone). But I would also like to verify it.
[ EDIT: I should point out this particular gear is primarily sold to poly-substance (ab)users - opiate addicts. ]
[ 04 December 2002: Message edited by: SeveredPsyche ]

I'd be really keen to see a simple EZ-Classic test result from a sample of this material, if that's possible to arrange?
I suspect that with Marquis reagent, since the following reactions are reported to occur:
Speed/Meth = strong orange colour change
Morphine = reddish/pink colour change
If your substance is a mix of these two chemicals then hopefully the reaction will give you some telltale colour change from which we can figure out the contents. I wouldn't like to speculate on the possible results with other reagents, because I'm not as familiar with their reactions.
BigTrancer :)

a few months bak in WA, i was offered a drug on the train by sum random, he called it SPEEDBALL.
ive personally never heard of it b4, but when i enquire wat it was, he said a mixture a speed and morphine, and that it was like being a yo-yo, with having highs one seconds and huge lows only a few minutes later.
sounded wierd to me, so i rejected his offer.
dunno if this was of ne relavance but sounded very similar to me

Tha KinG: A "speedball" is apparently a mixture of cocaine and an opiate related substance. Unfortunately, it is only a slang word for a drug combination, so there's no accurate way of knowing exactly what you are getting.
Unfortunately, there's no real test of purity for any substance you consume, so PLEASE BE CAREFUL. If you have a doubt about the contents of something that you've purchased, then do yourself a favour, and don't take it.