Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA Lab found in Australia!

Scatteredasfuck

Bluelighter
Just read earlier today in the Sydney Telegraph of 3 generations of family being caught in the same house. They were found out when police were called to the residence for a noise compliant(argument or similar)...the police made it to the garage where they saw enough before being told to leave by the owners :)
The police later returned with a search warrant & did a more thorough search where they found the precusors to MDMA, a pill press & other essential pieces of equipment.(strange they thought to have the press & precusors as MDMA is usually imported...they say ;) )
...someone might be able to provide a link as I can't remember in which state this was.

As requested :) , taken from the Daily Telegraph.
Backyard drug lab a family affair
By KARA LAWRENCE Police Reporter
THREE generations of one family – including a 70-year-old grandfather – have been arrested over the accidental discovery of an alleged backyard ecstasy lab.
Police made the discovery when they were called to investigate reports of a domestic dispute at a house in Boonoke Crescent, Miller, about 8.20pm on Monday night.
While officers were in the backyard they noticed, through a garage door, signs of a possible illicit drug manufacturing lab.
The family then ordered the police off their property.
While uniformed Green Valley police were waiting outside the home for detectives to arrive, an explosion rocked the garage and a fire began.
Police applied for a search warrant to enter the garage, and among the rubble they allegedly found a mass of glassware and precursor chemicals for manufacturing MDMA, or ecstasy, as well as a pill press. The drug squad's chemical operations unit, trained in the collection of illicit laboratory equipment, spent all yesterday combing through the garage.
Chemical operations unit head Detective Inspector Paul Willingham said backyard labs manufacturing ecstasy were highly unusual in Sydney's suburbs because ecstasy was usually imported.
"The scale of it is larger than normal and the difference with this one is, as well as having the precursor chemicals to make ecstasy, they also had the pill press to produce the tablets," Insp Willingham said.
The 70-year-old Miller man was charged with manufacturing a commercial quantity of drugs. He was due to appear in Liverpool Court yesterday but, due to a prison officer's transport strike, will remain in custody to appear on December 6.
His daughter, aged 46, and granddaughter, aged 23, were also arrested.
The 46-year-old woman was released without charge but her daughter was charged under drug house legislation with knowingly being on a premises manufacturing drugs.
She was granted conditional bail, to face Liverpool Court on January 8.
Insp Willingham said the explosion showed the precursor chemicals used in such operations were extremely volatile.
"It just goes to show you how dangerous these backyard labs are," he said.

"It just goes to show you how dangerous these backyard labs are," he said
Or how prone people are to trying to blow up the evidence.
--
MDMA-4-ALL (Even 70 year old grandfathers)

this is just my opimion, but i think there's a lot more mdma being made here than ppl seem to think. It's just that...
a-it's not a good idea to tell ppl you've got a lab in the back room
b-ppl prefer stuff labelled 'import' because they think it will be better, so locals call their shit 'imports'

yeah i agree with that... I think there are a fair few mdxx class drugs being manufactured in Aus...

this is just my opimion, but i think there's a lot more mdma being made here than ppl seem to think
Umm, remember the pills Blue Kangaroos aka Qantas or whatever... don't tell me they were made overseas!! hehe
Also, I hope the 70 year old man gets punished harder than the young ones. Hes been around longer, he should know better :)

Originally posted by secret squirrel:
this is just my opimion, but i think there's a lot more mdma being made here than ppl seem to think. It's just that...
a-it's not a good idea to tell ppl you've got a lab in the back room
b-ppl prefer stuff labelled 'import' because they think it will be better, so locals call their shit 'imports'

I think you are wrong...
Very little is actually manufactured here and it is not worth the police trying to chase something that doesnt exist... ;)
So mr police man he is wrong... Nothing is made here and it really only exists on the nasty fringes of soceity ;)
Oh and wouldnt you be pissed at your neighbours... "Neighbours... Should be there for one another, thats when good neighbours, become good friends" - Me sings neighbours TV show theme song.

Unless you know (or are) a manufacturer or direct importer yourself, you can't comment on whether a pill or percentage of pills is local or imported. Personally I don't, & wouldn't want to to know either!

Thanks Raving Loony ;) Just got back online after a snooze...but as for more labs being about, maybe my Grandpa has one stashed...will have to ask him ;)
I will have to make sure I respect my elders even more from now!

Umm, remember the pills Blue Kangaroos aka Qantas or whatever... don't tell me they were made overseas!! hehe
1.People all over the world have heard of Kangeroos.
2.Imported MDXX can be pressed locally.

I think we are pulling the wool over our eyes if you think everything comes from overseas.
That IS true, I know many people who don't want gear unless they think its from overseas.
If we really knew the amount that comes from within Australia, I think we would be shocked.

SumHiFlyingFucka, if one is comparing the total amount of MDMA made in Australia to that which is currently imported, then yes there is probably only a small percentage made in Australia.
However, as the starting material safrole is abundant in plant species found almost throughout Australia, and when totally over the counter methods exist for the syntheses, it is more than likely local production is currently occurring.
Examples include peracetic oxidation of isosafrole (not really oxidation, but what it’s generally referred to) and bromosafrole routes
I have heard from my forensics lecturer, and S/H from those in the know, that collectively this is on quite a large scale.
Many enterprising speed manufacturers have seen the popularity of their product give way to a preference for MDMA. While some cooks wouldn't know a mole from a molecule, there are those with both the know-how and the determination. Large scale pill presses maybe rare, but smaller home-made types are no doubt quite common. The b place has Oz buzzers who at times have stated “SWIM” results.
Before 97, and even today in some places, sassafras oil was/is freely available throughout Australia. It's still a “who you know” thing, relative to both black market and legit commercial operations. Pre 96, it would have been quite easy to secure 200L drums inexpensively and without consequence i.e. no buyer details were recorded.
Personally, I believe the future will see increasing amounts of MDMA being made locally. Things will get tougher with customs screening, and apart from backdoor activities (diplomatic indemnity etc.), most current methods of smuggling will eventually be unsuccessful.
I also believe this change will ultimately affect the purity of available MDMA. As imported, large quantities of MDMA are more likely to be made by qualified chemists having well equipped labs, it would be expected that non-optimum smaller scale operations will produce a greater range of impurities and contaminants. This will mean future testing with HPLC or GC/MS NMR etc. will become even more essential, as some of these impurities are bound to be seriously toxic.

and apart from backdoor activities (diplomatic indemnity etc.)
Phase_Dancer: I would be interested to hear your personal opinion on whether this really happens. You have a story about goodies being brought in via the diplomatic bag?

and apart from backdoor activities (diplomatic indemnity etc.)
It happens. A an easily corrupable route, the magic diplomatic passport makes one personally inviolable. With the sheer ammount of correspondence exchanged, diplomatic corps staff are often autonomous in their actions. Mostly, its small time... Alchohol personal items etc. The opportunities however, exist for moving whatever you like. The scandal of being uncovered is tempered by the political implications such behaviour being revealed.
Given the ammount of consular officials shuffling back and forwards from such a wide spectrum of countries, its naive to expect at least some are not taking advantage of their position. Soviet diplomatic staff belonging to the Party nomenklatura routinely would smuggle back expensive consumer goods and Alchohol from the USA for themselves and families. Such activities were relatively routine and widely known in unnoficial circles.
Unless there are compelling reasons to investigate, most govt's don't want to know. Making accusations against an embassy official is not worth the pain, generally it involves some kind of reciprication to ones own officials overseas.
[ 05 December 2002: Message edited by: -Thoth ]

I've heard plenty of rumours from the Canberra diplomatic scene, but rumours are rumours and there's no need to get into them here.

Great post, it's good to see some really thought out opinions on the subject.
BigTrancer :)