Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Has anyone had an experience like this?

Runner

Bluelighter
This has happened to me quite a while back (about 8 months ago) but I still have little idea as to the cause.
At the time I was taking pills quite regularly (a few on friday and sat) every week. Never had a bad experience (prob due to my consistant testing). I've also used a fair bit of meth over weekends. One day I went away for the weekend to see this chick in Bunbury and go clean for a weekend. I specifically didn't take anything with me. On Friday night I remember I felt slightly physically uncomfortable (i figured cause i didn't have any meth - or it could have been purely phycological). On Sat night we went out and ended up having a pill (White Stars which I have eaten plenty of times). They all came in one bag and everyone loved them. When we came home, I tried to convince the chick to have another one, but she didn't want to, but finally agreed to another half. So we popped that - half each of the SAME pill. In 20 min time, I feel sick and run into the bathroom throwing my guts up. NOTE: This was not a normal chuck of a pill and then all is wicked thing - i've never been this sick ever. The chick said she's never taking pills again after seeing me like that - it was bad. I kept throwing up nothing for about half hour to an hour. My body temp sky rocketed like anything and I had to get under a cold shower to cool. The cold shower made me so cold I nearly fainted. When I got out, my temp jumped right up again. I thought I was gonna die. I kept throwing up all through this, my face was pale like death (chicks description). The only reason I didn't call ambulance is I kept saying to myself - just wait another min, i might be alright. I kept thinking shit like - so that's what it feels like to die of a drug overdose and shit like that and panicing. After about and hour when I was getting better, it all went away like magic and I was fine in the morning.
My gueseses:
* The half of the pill I had might have had some dodgy chem in it left from making the pill...doubt it though.
* I had withdrawls from meth and that made me sick together with the pill.
*I kept pissing like there is no tomorrow while I was in the club but don't remember drinking
much. Maybe I was dehydrated.
I have not taken pills for about 3 months after the incident scared shitless, but then slowly got back into it, taking them once every 3 - 4 weeks now.
NOTE: The pills were definetelly White Stars that I have eaten before. The first pill was good. The second we halved with the chick and she was sweet. So although I did not test the particular pill I ate, the fact that the chick was alright is enough to assume the pill was as good as any other White Star.

Remember you are putting a harmful chemical into your body. Vomiting is the way your body removes potentially harmful matter from your body.
Eating plays a crucial role - many people will vomit on an empty stomach, which I'm guessing yours was after a night out. Things like stress, set and setting can play a large role in how you react to the chemical too. Any of these factors could have contributed to your ugly experience.
There's a good chance that your body had simply had enough -"(a few on friday and sat) every week." is a lot. Dropping that frequently is going to catch up with you one way or another.
You'll find a lot of opinions & info in these threads - Vomiting on pills and vomiting on the come up & eating vs not eating
:)

Cheers Apollo... I also think I was going too hard for too long...although I know people that go 10 times harder and have been doing it for 10 times longer with little trouble. It was just a little unsettling that something like that could have happened without any warning. Anyways, I try to take it easy these days, only having pills once in a while and trying to have 100% clean weekend (ie. no chems/weed at all) breaks too, which I think is a goal every drug taker with half a brain should set.

There's 1 thing that makes me sick on E is alcohol, ESPECIALLY if i'm without meth for the evening.

Yes, I know of someone that had half a pill, totally flipped out (vomited, the works), and a friend who had the other half claims to have had an awesome time. And these were pills that had been taken previously on other occasions and had been properly tested, so they were know to be real MDMA.
It definitely can happen... it's all about set and setting... :)
[ 01 December 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

MD** can cause hyperthermia (high body temperature), and this is exacerbated by the temperature of the environment. Was the house hot at that time?
I wonder whether you had a mild case of serotonin syndrome, as high body temperature is one symptom of SS, and SS has been caused by MD** use. Did you have any other symptoms of SS, as listed here?

Well... I've definately learned something from your experience, I may have either had a strong reaction to MDMA, or SS... which could be possible.
I'm not really a fan of MDMA, the times I've indulged can be counted on two hands with room to spare, but the last experince I had (two weeks ago) was in very close relation to yours.
I was at a hot and sweaty club and on LSD. I was able to score a pill from a friend. I usually take only half to enjoy myself, but due to the acid and the fact I couldn't just carry half a pill around without a baggie, I consumed the whole thing. Sure enough I enjoyed myself, but on the way home my body temp went through the roof, and I was probably scaring the commuters with my wild appearance and otherwise strange mannerisms.
I also (irrationally) felt that I was going to die, and considered dragging my arse to the local hospital before common sense kicked in. Along the way to a friends house, I also threw up. What was interesting to note was that the amount of water I vomited was not consistant with the amount of water I had consumed in the past few hours, suggesting that NONE of the water I drank was absorbed. After vomiting though, I felt "okay" (as much as one can be in this state).
Along with those symptoms (irrational thought, high temperature, sweating like a mofo) there were also a few other side effects that would be related to mild SS. I also had 200mg of 5-HTP earlier.
And the other people who took the same pill? They enjoyed themselves thoroughly... Bastards.

I've just followed the link posted by babydoc and read up on the Serotonin Syndrome...
It seems that all the symptoms described are fairly regular symptoms while on E. ie.
The most frequent side effects of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors in therapuetic doses alone are, in approximate descending order of frequency of occurrence:-
Inhibition of orgasm (M and F), nausea, drowsiness, insomnia, loose stools, tremor, nervousness, sweating, fatigue, dizziness.
Inhibition of orgasm - definite
Nausea - very common
Drowsiness - common too (many people report this - although i've never experienced )
Insomnia - just as well, i myself could NEVER fall asleep while pilling hard
Loose stools - dunno
Tremor (irregular heartbeat) - common
Sweating - most people's body temp raises even a bit and most people sweat a bit.
Later on it says
The key symptoms of serotonin syndrome are:--
1) mental state:- excitement, hypomania, confusion
2) hyperactivity, restlessness
3) clonus and myoclonus (including ocular oscillations)
4) hyperreflexia / hypertonia
5) diaphoresis, flushing and hyperthermia (>39 c).
Myoclonus means sporadic twitches etc. These occur in a lot of people when sleeping after coming off a pill - all my friends have these. Ocular oscillations - what pill doesn't do this to even a tiny degree.
Hyperreflexia - the symptoms I've read about could well resemble what happens on a pill - high blood pressure, heart beet etc, faces going a bit pale of an on-your-ass pill.
Hyperthermia is i guess the only one that stands out because although most people temp raises, it never raises as high as 39+.
So in a way, would I be wrong in saying that everyone that takes E is bound to experience the symptoms of SS?
And as a matter of fact I have just read something that have confirmed what I have thought:
At the moment the term serotonin syndrome is being used in the literature in an unhelpful way. I have argued in several papers *** that serotonin syndrome is best regarded as a spectrum of increasing side effects building up to ‘toxicity’ and that these manifestations are related to the degree of elevation of brain serotonin levels. So, what is presently referred to as serotonin syndrome is not a syndrome but a spectrum of increasingly severe serotonin related effects. At some point side effects become severe enough to describe as toxicity. There is as yet insufficient toxico-epidemiological evidence to enable precise identification of the key features that would define serotonergic toxicity from side effects.
So I guess what I did experince was the "serotonergic toxicity".
I am only left to wonder what contributed to it as it occured after only 1 and a half pills where I have eaten 7 in a row one time. My best guess is as someone said above is that it all caught up to me. So I guess the lesson is, slow down before it happens to you - SS has killed people. I try to now take pills once every 3-4 weeks - although I do take a couple (one after another) when I do take them.