Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Gold Coast: a substance called "HQ"?

johnboy

Bluelight Crew
Today someone from the Queensland Health Department rang me to enquire if I knew anything about a substance called "HQ" that apparently being used in the Gold Coast area. It seems that an Emergency Room admission report stated that someone was admitted in a bad way, and said they had taken some "HQ".
I said that IMO it was probably a reference to ecstasy pills that had the "HQ" logo. I gave him a brief history of those pills, and told of the many times those pills have been involved with hospital visits.
Apparently the original email about this reffered to it as "QH" but this was corrected in a followup as "HQ". I also wondered about the possiblility of it being a reference to "GHb" but methinks if anyone would know about that it would be the Gold Coast hospitals.
Now I reckon I'm probably right, but part of me worries that I've missed something. The Gold Coast, particularly this time of year, is often the place where "new" drugs turn up for the first time, or rather the problems associated with them. as anyone heard of anything like this?
*insert rant about street slang here*

It's schoolies time down at the Gold Coast now, and every year the media seems to come up with some crazy new drug to scare these innocent teen's parents with. Last year i think it was 'pineapple'
also, chances are that schoolies are trying different things for the first time, and are being fed bullshit from dealers, or getting names mixed up/confused??
Maxi
ps: mmmmm, HQ's ;)

Around mid year, there were "HQ" pills around brisbane that tested for ketamine. As well as those, there are other various reports of "HQ" pills around brisbane that tested black and received 8-9 ratings. It's quite possible that the HQ's have surfaced again...
Just to add to the "ridiculous slang terms" list...at a certain club in brisbane, the suppliers and punters have apparently given 1,4 Butanediol a new name....
"Firewater".
There is a hell of alot of undiluted 1,4B around, and it's alleged that when it hits your tongue, the immediate sensation is comparable to sticking your tounge in ethanol, "firewater"...
Maxi hit the nail on the head RE: schoolies. Every year dealers head down to the GC and come up with exotic names for drugs, so the schoolies can say "oooh, i've just had that new drug, Pineapple!" or "Hey! have you tried Firewater!" or "wow, you can get [insert crap slang]?"...
unbelievable. :|
*edited post instead of replying again.
K
[ 21 November 2002: Message edited by: samadhi ]

and every year the media seems to come up with some crazy new drug
Err, didn't I make it clear that this came from legitimate harm minimisation people? Not the media. They had nothing to do wih this. FFS can we please drop the reflexive knee-jerk anti-media responses?
Preaching to the choir, kids...

johnboy... sorry, what i meant was that the media seems to come up with new, weird and wonderful drugs each year at schoolies time... as a result kids might turn up in ER saying they had 'HQ' not really knowing if thats what it was.
End result... legitimate harm minimisation groups may soon get wind of it.
M

JB, I was talking with the same guy shortly after he’d contacted you. I haven’t really got anything to add with the information given. Instinct says it’s likely some form of G preparation, as users are appearing in emergency, but I wouldn’t want to be so naïve as to discount other possibilities, including “newer” drugs and strong doses of MDMA; a trademark of the once popular and sought after orange HQs.
I’ll try to speak to the Chill Zone crew on the Gold Coast. They will surely be aware of anything new.