Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do you believe this?

no, not for a second . . .
and i didnt even read it . . .
there's a difference between conspiracy theory and fully sus shit happening in a our world . . .
peace and blessed be . . .
crow011 . . .

Alot of this document is not conspiracy theory at all... The CIA was closely involved in the opium trade during the Vietnam war, in concert with elements within what ammounted to a pretty corrupt South Vietnamese leadership. Back then, it was an easy way to fund their operations, without congress asking where their cash was going. Many US (and Australian) servicemen became horribly addicted to high quality heroin that you could buy of the streets of Saigon for what ammounted to pocket-change, such was market saturation. Addicted servicemen brought the trade back to the west with them, starting a whole new raft of problems. One may remember Nixon's famous speech in which he coined the need for a "war on drugs," that his own agency spawned. The dual irony of this is that the guy was a prescription downer addict, and an alchoholic to boot... But hey, the fact that Nixon was a bit of a fuckup even beyond Watergate really hasn't ever been much of a secret, specially after the paranoid president actually aided his incriminations after he ordered the bugging of his own office. Go figure.
This is not whacked out conspiracy talk, the evidence is quite easily researchable. The CIA along with its ubiquitous suitcases stashed with hard US currency have pulled off more than their share of questionable activities... Just look at some of the more amusing plots they cooked up with the mafia to kill Castro (slow acting brain virus in haircomb, Bolutinum tipped cigars, more hilarity in store if you do the reading).
I am not familiar with everything claimed in this article, however I feel not alot of it would really surprise. Especially considering the political allegances the US has taken in its actions within Colombia in fighting the coca trade, the installing of Opium warlords in the new provisional government of Afghanistan, and numerous other odd policy movements.
Dont write something off until you take a look at the context... But yeah, those rainbow tags = gh3y ;)
[ 18 November 2002: Message edited by: -Thoth ]

I follow what crow11 is saying, but if you didn't bother to read it, then pipe down! I'm usually a bit sceptical when it comes to conspiracy theories, but this one has a little too much hard evidence to be a "thoery".
Seriously, print it out (i find things are much easier to read on paper) and have a good read - make yourself aware how how scummy the American government is and how lucky we are that our country isn't as fucked as them... yet!

rbb: LOL @ rainbow tags. It's so true.
Seriously. If you want hunt down some credibility on the article, look for cross referenced information. For example, type in a key sentence into a google search engine. See if it is used elsewhere.

I didn't bother to read it either, but unlike crow011 I thought it was pretty true. Especially the part about the mutant turkeys.

when you wield an empire like the U.S of A what wouldn't you do to keep it from crumbling?
if you answer that i think you can go a long way to answering the initial question. i personally think its 100% believable. thats not to say its true, but there is no reason why it couldnt be...

^^^^
Good call - I can completely understand where you're coming from.