Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

SHABU - [ne1 kno a good way to turn shabu (crystalmeth) into liquid plz??]

SmeK

Bluelighter
Im experienced with shabu any questions u want answered ask me.... but i need to know some kind of chemical or solvent that would be good to turn pure crystal meth otherwise known as shabu into liquid and then back into crystal state.. any help would be appreciated

Hmmm.... Looking at the m.p of pure meth (75C) all I can say is melt it in a steam bath or something.
If you want to dissolve it, it dissolves in water, but the only way for PURE meth to be a liquid is if it's melted.

What is it your trying to do exactly?
What tailz says is probably your best bet, get some distilled water and dissolve the crystal in that. Then boil off/evaporate the water.

yay for the incorrect naming of drugs.. this is really going to do some harm one day.
do not call crystal meth shabu.

what is shabu sposed to refer to? never heard the term from where i'm from (bris/cairns)

Originally posted by pom^:
yay for the incorrect naming of drugs.. this is really going to do some harm one day.
do not call crystal meth shabu.

umm well shabu is the filipino variant of it... its what u calll pure meth.... it doesnt leave residue has a pleasnt taste comes in nice little clear to slightly white crystalz and last ages... ive had whats called 'crystal meth' and it was a greasy yellowy substance
that lefta brown residue...probably jumped with sugar.. sadness

Shabu really refers to 4-MAR or Ice, which is 4-methylaminorex. Crystal meth, methamphetamine, is often called ice or shabu by people who don't know the difference between the two chemicals or that there even was two chemicals to begin with. I would appreciate if you edit the shabu out of the title of your thread, street slang is bad enough but we try our best here to prevent the spread of incorrect terms.

A lot of talk about 4-mar lately...
Fetish Jester seems to have said it to me. There's a shitload of info from our local boffins in this thread - My nanna can't tell an amphetamine from a methamphetamine!
And - before the "ice/4-mar/meth/crystal/shabu" debate gets going... Many terms are used (intentionally and unintentionally due to ignorance, dirty profits or whatnot) for both substances. For more info, this thread is worth a read - ice in melbourne.
:)

what a spin out i always thought that crystal meth was the same as shabu... hehe all this while dealing with it i never knew.. heheh well anyone one got any info on 4-MAR ( aka shabu ) ???

Smek: Check the links Apollo gave, that should clear things up for you. Also, searching this forum and the archive for the term "shabu" or "shaboo" should help you. Other names for 4-MAR that are commonly used are Ice, Euphoria (sometimes spelt U4EUh or similar).
It's easy to see where the confusion comes from as 4-MAR is similar in appearance, dose range, and physical effects to highly purified methamphetamine... however 4-MAR is said to be an almost perfectly clear-headed high with boundless energy, but little mental effects or rushiness - very easy to overdose on, because you don't realise how stimulated your system is.
When the question "has anyone got any information about xxxxxx?" is asked, where xxxxxx is pretty much ANY drug out there, a good answer is The Vaults of Erowid.
www.erowid.org -- your friend and ours for ALL the drug info.
BigTrancer :)

A search for shabu on Erowid comes up with methamphetamine. Try a Google search and methamphetamine turns up a lot more often than 4MAR. Finding the "correct terminology" for these drugs has so far been a very confusing exercise for me. I'm not trying to start up another terminology rant but I am curious as to why there is such conflicting information.

There is no "correct terminology" when it comes to drugs. Their names are region, country and even scene specific. Names can be changed, rearranged and warped. It's basically just another example of memes. One person starts calling MDMA "beans" which in turn causes someone else to call them "beans" and so on.
It's just like any social phenomenon.
Anyway, the correct terminology for any drug should be its chemical name, Dammit!

Anyway, the correct terminology for any drug should be its chemical name, Dammit!
Right on.
For those who can't be fucked searching for the proper information:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Erowid Methamphetamine Vault
Terminology
In this document, we shall refer to the drugs by their common chemical names, rather than by "street names", since the street names do not have a one-to-one correspondence to actual chemicals. For example, the term "speed" can mean methamphetamine or amphetamine. The term "ice" is generally considered to apply to 4-methyl-aminorex, but is often used to refer to relatively pure (and in some cases, not so pure) forms of methamphetamine.
Erowid 4-methylaminorex Vault
BASIC Q & A
Q1. What is 4-methylaminorex?
A1. 4-methylaminorex (also called "Ice") is a potent norepinephrine modulator, increasing it's effect. It has a characteristic look and feel, like white opaque ice, hence the name. Ice is currently a Schedule I drug as designated by the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) which means it is felt to have NO medical use whatsoever. It was originally researched for appetite suppressant ability, but never pursued, probably because it's too much fun. It is important to know that the slang term 'ice' is also used to refer to methamphetamine.
(...snip...)
Q3. What kind of chemical is it?
A3. In drug parlance, which is notoriously Non-IUPAC compliant, Ice is synonymous with "Euphoria" (U4Euh), 4-Methylaminorex, or, chemically speaking: dl-cis-2-amino-4-methyl-5-phenyl-2-oxazoline.
BigTrancer :)

why do you need to turn it into a liquid? you say it is pure, so the only reason i can think is to recrystalise it. just beware, u will most probally lose some in the process.
M

I prefer correct chemical terminology also, my question was more aimed at the posts by pom^ and Fry-d-, who both came across as knowledgable. I'm just trying to find out where that knowledge comes from. There is talk of "ignorance" and "people who don't know the difference between the two chemicals"...well people like me know the difference between the 2, but when trying to verify information such as terminology, there are conflicting reports. What Bluelight says is "right" is not always what a lot of other sources say.
No offence, but while there is a lot of good information and discussion, Bluelight is certainly not the be all and end all of drug information. No one resource is.
Where there is a discrepency, should I believe the masses or Bluelight? I guess we make our own decisions and weigh up the merits of each.

why do you need to turn it into a liquid? you say it is pure, so the only reason i can think is to recrystalise it. just beware, u will most probally lose some in the process.
If it's pure (as SmeK says it is), or even 80-90% pure it's really not worth doing a recrystallisation (effort, waste and cost wise) unless you've access to some proper chemical equipment, solvents and know the solubility curves of meth in certain solvents. In short, if it is pure, don't bother.
Bluelight is certainly not the be all and end all of drug information. No one resource is.
That's true, but I'd rather have questions answered by someone from bluelight than from many other forums (except one sweet sweet site.) There is a much higher chance of finding people who know what they're talking about on, and less of a chance of finding dealers of misinformation.
Anyway, terminology is a socialogical thing, not a drug thing... Try T & A, they'll have a field day. ;)

I might as well add this...
If you are after "pure" meth, you can always take what you've got (assuming it's actually meth), and wash it with acetone a few times. That should remove all of the impurities from it.