• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best Muscle Relaxer??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the benzos, tetrazepam is the best muscle relaxant - but unfortunately it's not commercially available in the US or Canada.

Other then that, diazepam or lorazepam out of the ones available on the US market. Clonazepam is not too shabby either.

Some of the hypnotic benzos available in the US like temazepam and flurazepam are great muscle relaxants aswell, but its doubtful you'll get those for that purpose.

But Flexeril and Soma are great muscle relaxants too, and they aren't controlled drugs. Well at least Flexeril isn't and Soma isn't in most states either.

^interesting about this tetrazepam...is it similar to valium and is it unsched in the us?

its funny this thread was the first thing i saw as i was going to basically ask this same question about a good skeletal muscle relaxant. ive busted myself up pretty well of years of playing lacrosse and running track when i was younger and i have knots through my shoulders. feels like i may even have TMJ bc it causes me migraines sometimes in the mornings, as if i have been clenching my teeth all night.

soma works well indeed, but after taking a ton of it this past summer bc of a car accident i was in and the dr gave me loads of it, so i was taking a bunch everyday for the pain but also because it was a good buzz when mixed with my daily methadone dose. the only thing i didnt like was it made me feel kinda drunk, or sloppy you can say.

i have flexeril as well from the same accident but it made me feel waaaay too drowsy. Valium is great as a muscle relaxant, in fact my cousin got a rx for it when he pulled something in his shoulder. they opted to give him that instead of a narcotic pain med so it does work to a degree, but there has got to be something that will relax the muscles more without causing the oversedation from taking too much valium. plus the half life, good lord it lasts forever. '

oh and stuff like skelaxin and robaxin IE the shittiest pills and the only thing they will usually give you in rehab because they are so weak.

^interesting about this tetrazepam...is it similar to valium and is it unsched in the us?

its funny this thread was the first thing i saw as i was going to basically ask this same question about a good skeletal muscle relaxant. ive busted myself up pretty well of years of playing lacrosse and running track when i was younger and i have knots through my shoulders. feels like i may even have TMJ bc it causes me migraines sometimes in the mornings, as if i have been clenching my teeth all night.

soma works well indeed, but after taking a ton of it this past summer bc of a car accident i was in and the dr gave me loads of it, so i was taking a bunch everyday for the pain but also because it was a good buzz when mixed with my daily methadone dose. the only thing i didnt like was it made me feel kinda drunk, or sloppy you can say.

i have flexeril as well from the same accident but it made me feel waaaay too drowsy. Valium is great as a muscle relaxant, in fact my cousin got a rx for it when he pulled something in his shoulder. they opted to give him that instead of a narcotic pain med so it does work to a degree, but there has got to be something that will relax the muscles more without causing the oversedation from taking too much valium. plus the half life, good lord it lasts forever. '

oh and stuff like skelaxin and robaxin IE the shittiest pills and the only thing they will usually give you in rehab because they are so weak

Tetrazepam is scheduled in the US (CIV). It is the best muscle relaxant benzo.

Other than diazepam, I suggest lorazepam - it works real well and isn't so sedating.
I guess clonazepam isn't too bad, but it's not great either. It's a great anticonvulsant and anxiolytic and I think thats what it's best for.

Try lorazepam.

Tetrazepam is scheduled in the US (CIV). It is the best muscle relaxant benzo.

Other than diazepam, I suggest lorazepam - it works real well and isn't so sedating.
I guess clonazepam isn't too bad, but it's not great either. It's a great anticonvulsant and anxiolytic and I think thats what it's best for.

Try lorazepam.

I think lorazepam makes for an awful muscle relaxant. Clonazepam is by far the second best to diazepam. Its a great anticonvulsant too which is the reason why it was the only benzodiazepine that was specifically prescribed for seizures & convulsions, not anxiety. That is what clonazepam was originally prescribed for until they found out it was a great anxiolytic as well. Its the anticonvulsant properties that seem to make it a really good muscle relaxant.

why has nobody said zanaflex....i used it for my back when i was in pt........its great...at first i had flexeril and got no value from then and also affected my sleep alot

why has nobody said zanaflex....i used it for my back when i was in pt........its great...at first i had flexeril and got no value from then and also affected my sleep alot

Probably because Zanaflex isn't that great of a muscle relaxant. I'd prefer Robaxin and Flexeril over that.

I like flexeril and soma, but soma makes me feel better (regarding recreation, not muscle relaxing properties).

^Interesting, I think someone else mentioned that too. Still, feels good.

That's because the metabolite of Soma is a substance similar to barbiturates

Yes, meprobamate is a carbamate and has no relation to barbiturates. It's just as similar to benzodiazepines as it is to barbiturates.

Carbamates are known for their skeletal muscle relaxant properties.

Anyways, the best muscle relaxants available on market today are carisoprodol, cyclobenzaprine, baclofen, tizanidine, and various benzodiazepines, especially diazepam and lorazepam.

Last edited:
you are mistaken. valium is a muscle relaxant, an anxiolitic, an anticonvulsant, a sedative, etc.

Incorrect, valium is a muscle relaxant, it is well known. (licensed paramedic in Ontario)

Best as in powerful? succinylcholine...it will relax your muscles to the point of stopping to breath.

I find cyclobenzaprine however is a good muscle relaxant for normal use.

Incorrect, valium is a muscle relaxant, it is well known. (licensed paramedic in Ontario)

Best as in powerful? succinylcholine...it will relax your muscles to the point of stopping to breath.

I find cyclobenzaprine however is a good muscle relaxant for normal use.

LoL! Succinylcholine will induce temporary paralysis - I don't think that's going to be prescribed to anyone. Though, I can use some of that for a few people I'd like to get. ;)

LoL! Succinylcholine will induce temporary paralysis - I don't think that's going to be prescribed to anyone. Though, I can use some of that for a few people I'd like to get. ;)
I know what it does, I use during rapid sequence induction. (Endotrachal intubation) I know a fair bit about allophonic medicine, having taken all the CF's medical training and usaf pararescue....but its a good muscle relaxant....a tad too strong maybe? :p

meprobamate is another good one, although the side effects of dizzyness, balance loss and general CNS depression can be a bit much to take during the day.

you are misreading, I was quoting him saying its not a muscle relaxant, and adding that it is, without listing all its other clinic uses and effects, not saying it was only a muscle relaxant. I was trying to be brief. Its most def an an anxiety agent, anti epileptic, somewhat useful against acute mania and psychosis (I guess tied into anti anxiety and sedation) a good hypnotic, a bit of an anti emetic, and a euphoriant. To name its uses off the top of my head while high, I'm sure I missed a few.

Like most have said either diazepam or soma. Flexeril and Norflex are useless, although Norflex potentiates opiates nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.