Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pseudoephedrine in pills

villz

Bluelighter
a friend bought a couple of white versaces in brisbane last week. went over there the other night and tested one, which came up as a slow amphetamine response. thought they might be good as speed bombs for livid, so i railed a quarter just to get some idea as to the strength of them. got a bit of a weak buzz for about an hour and not much else. anyway my question is thus; i think i remember reading somewhere that psuedoephedrine makes a false amphetamine positive with the EZ test and i was wondering if this could be what happened in this case? there didnt seem to be any amphetamine high when i snorted it, but im not a big user of amps usually so i could be mistaken. does anyone have any ideas?

technically pseudoephidrine isnt really a false positive for amphertamine because chmically theyre about 2 molecules different, which is why it has a very mild speed like effect.
However its unlikely someone would put psuedoephidrine in a pill because synthesizing clean psuedoephidrene is alot more expensive than making speed.
The thing to understand about 'speedy pills' is that theyre not speed. Yes they contain speed but theyre made with a different perpose in mind than actual speed: they cater to the uninformed and tight assed mostly teenage punters who think a good pill should be 'chargey' (fuck i hate that word), or who want speed but are too chicken shit to put something up their nose, and are under the false impression that a pill must be safer 'because its a pill'.
I think you'd probably find that the pill just had a low dosage of speed in it, most speed bombs do. Theyre not meant to give you a wizz rush, theyre meant to make you a bit bouncy and give you energy to dance. People who want a rush do the real thing :p
Personally I wish people who wanted speed would just fucking buy speed because they create a market for shit pills by saying they want something 'chargey'.

how old is your tester? once it gets old enough, you get weaker reactions.
psudeo does not react with marquis so there is not false positives

the EZ tester is only a couple of months old and gets kept mostly in a dark cold fridge to stop as much decomposition as possible so i dont think it would be that.. also, we tested a pink safe sex straight after and it went immediately to purple/black (1second).
the only reason i was thinking it might be something else is the VERY weak response i got from railing it. could it have been caffiene? also one of my mates railed the other quarter at the same time and said he got very dizzy and light headed so maybe it was a weak speed/K combination? the press was really bad quality so it was obviously a dodgy job designed for some quick cash. does that help at all?

Was there any vauge feeling of nausea during or after the onset?
I only ask because when friends have taken meth with unreacted ephedrine in it, they reported nausea.
Of course, meth and speed also have been known to cause nausea, so this probably still wouldn't give you a very clear picture.
RR: extracting Ephedrine/pseudo.. is often a known process of amphetamine production anyway. So it is possible a producer got lazy and couldn't be bothered adding those extra methyl groups, and simply pressed ephedrine into the pill.
Soma: I have seen ephedrine give a very weak brown reaction with Marquis reagent in the past. If you have time, would you be able to explain your reasoning behind why it wouldn't react? (in email form pref, so as not to highjack this thread entirely)
cheers.

I think this is an appropriate place to discuss pseudoephedrine with testers... I'm searching for info, if anyone finds something I'm curious to know for sure if pseudoephedrine turns up on the reagents.
BigTrancer :)

well if someone has some sudafed in their cupboard.. how about scraping a bit off that and testing it? :)

lol BT: The Pill Testing forum is truely the best place.
Psuedo does NOT react with marquis. Ephedrine does, but pseudoephedrine does not.

ahhh maybe it was ephedrine causing the false positives that i was thinking about. possibly it was ephedrine in those pills then? or maybe i'm thinking about this too much and it was just a really shitty speed bomb... :)

Sugar gives a slow amphetamine like reaction with marquis.. (go on kiddies, try it with some finely ground sugar -like icing sugar- the normal crystals take ages)
Pseudoephedrine does not (as soma said) react with marquis or mandelin (from memory). The only chemical reagent I have seen listed as giving a colour reaction to pseudoephedrine is cobalt thiocyanate (nasty stuff) - not available to us kiddies with bickies ;)
And just a note for interest: normal table salt gives a typical ketamine reaction with mandelin :)

villz - I'd say you're right on the money with the crappy speed-bomb theory... I've heard the white versace's going around at the moment are a weak speed/k mixture

Originally posted by RobertRollie:
The thing to understand about 'speedy pills' is that theyre not speed. Yes they contain speed but theyre made with a different perpose in mind than actual speed: they cater to the uninformed and tight assed mostly teenage punters who think a good pill should be 'chargey' (fuck i hate that word),
Personally I wish people who wanted speed would just fucking buy speed because they create a market for shit pills by saying they want something 'chargey'.

Robertrollie, truly you are speaking gospel! indeed these wankers ARE creating a market for shit cheap pills, and that IS why there are so many around. If only they knew what a real pill should feel like, or at least got TESTERS.