Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pink safe sex - seizure/hospitalised

teXman01

Bluelighter
I don't know the full details as I heard this through a friend of a friend of a friend etc so I can't confirm this as yet.
Apparently this girl had 3 pink safe sex pills on sunday night in Sydney. Later that night she had a seizure and ending up in the intensive care ward. She collapsed, went blue and stopped breathing.
As far as i know she was still in intensive care last night - conscious but unstable.
I had 1 and a bit of these on sunday and considered it one of the best (if not the best) pill i'd ever taken.
Will try to get more info.
There is a report a weird experience on these here:
http://www.ravesafe.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=2840#2840
and here
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=35&t=002708&r=4
tex

Seizures are a known risk with MDMA - MDMA lowers the seizure threshold, making you more likely to have a seizure, particularly if you are already prone to them. Also, dehydration and hyponatremia (both of which can be caused by MDMA use) can both cause seizures. Sounds like strong MD** pills to me - if it was 3 strong MD** pills I'm not surprised the girl had adverse effects.
[ 08 October 2002: Message edited by: babydoc_vic ]

I munched 3 of these a couple weeks back and was well and truly shambasted. Anyway let's prey that the women in question is alive and well.

the scene has exploded so much that too many people are pushing the boundries. I see many binge drinkers dicover E's and apply the same principals to their consumption. E's definitely aren't 'safe' when taken excessively. It doesnt help our cause at all.... and the cops and politicians will have a point soon if things keep going the way they are.

^^^^^^^
I hope you're not implying that binge drinking IS safe?
Anyway, from all reports that I've heard the pink durex/safe sex pills are very strong MDMA. Eating three of them is complete fucking lunacy and probably on par with drinking 3 bottles of vodka. Because one is good, doesn't mean 3 is going to be 3 times as good. It might be quite significantly more euphoric in the very short term, but then there's a high chance it won't be. You can speculate about the likelyhood on the way to the emergency room if you wish to try it.
Moderation is usually a good idea, I don't mind if you want to kill yourself, that's fine, just do it some other way so you don't give MDMA and its more sensible users a bad name.
Play safe. :)
-plaz out-

ok more info just in.
The girl is about 21 years old. She did not mix with any other drugs. It was 3 pink safe sex pills.
She had a seizure at the hotel room as mentioned and also another (worse) one at the hospital. Lucky she was there!
She is now out of hospital and doing just fine.
Bit of a wakeup call to remind us that high doses of MDXX can still be very dangerous.
I do not know if she was prone to seizures
Be careful people.

What duration was the three over, and what was her tolerances like?
While I don't condone eating three pills, but your standard raver could easily consume 3 pills of a 12 hour period, and a hardcore drug abuser could easily triple dump.
So before we go adding our two cents we should try to get all the facts.

sliip:
yea i agree, although as its through so many friends its really hard for me to get any more info. I only take it as i receive it, no chance to ask questions.
I'll keep at it though as i'm eager to find out all those things and more.

plaz : definitely not - was referring to the fact many are transferring their dangerous drinking habits to ecstasy consumption

I had a blue safe sex and a pink one and let's just say portions of my brain did not function for around 3 days. These pills were very strong and promoted my usual hallucinations with a strong dose of MDM-YAY! Last time i took 2 pills was 2 green hondas and that made me spew and feel as other people people have alluded to like I drank 2 bottles of alcohol, most probably absinthe! I'd be interested to know if she was out dancing about, because IMHO multiple pills and running round like a regular ravy davy leads to a lot of problems. People need to know their limits and one doesn't find this out by taking as many biccies as you can shove in your gob, it's a gradual process discovered in small moderate steps. Once you know what your capable of withstanding then you can experiment with multiple doses or polydrug combos, until then it's like playing druggan roulette! 3 pills is always too much, think of the cost and if the quality is there then just sit back and enjoy the ride of one strong dose of clean MDMA

Originally posted by Tabernacle:
Once you know what your capable of withstanding then you can experiment with multiple doses or polydrug combos, until then it's like playing druggan roulette!
Your body's responses are inconsistent, there is no set amount of any drug you can be "capable of withstanding" every time. Even when you "know your limits" you are playing russian roulette, no one should think they are safe because they've done it before.

I had 4 of those bad boys on Sunday, over a 15 hour period.
If she had them in a small amount of time, I am not suprised with the reaction.
JamesLee should read this, and then decide whether minimisation is a waste of time.

^^Good point Russ!
JamesLee should read this, and then decide whether minimisation is a waste of time.
Although, I hope he keeps a friendly approach to these discussions...lets keep it real :)
I've had 2 1/2 in a night for one of my best mates birthdays & I had no drammas...maybe I was just lucky though! Others had similar or more on the night & these few also drank excessively with no bad effects...I warned them & it made me look like a liar when they partyed on( they drank like 12 or more beers + a bottle each of turkey???HOW) :(
My opinion of these pinkies are that they are just a strong dose of MDMA...can we garenttee that what was consumed was the same?

Originally posted by Sllip:
What duration was the three over, and what was her tolerances like?
While I don't condone eating three pills, but your standard raver could easily consume 3 pills of a 12 hour period, and a hardcore drug abuser could easily triple dump.

so true!
i mean, it does all depend on how peoples bodies react to having 3 pills! 3 pills would easily be the norm over a 12 hour time period for me and many of the ppl i know. but yeh it does depend on how far apart n stuff. but yeh they were strong, doing 3 in one night was pretty messy. eheheh but awesome!

Hey everyone how u all doing..
I read this post last night and had a chat to my mate about how people like this give such a bad image to X which the media frequently love covering.
I went to work today and my friend said that her friend had dumped 3 pills late sunday night and had been rushed to hospital after seizing in a hotel room.. foaming at the mouth and bleeding due to biting her tongue or so i am to believe..
She told me that this girl had take the 3 pills over a bout a 9 hour period.. but stupid thing was that she was racing someone else there... ie he took one so she popped another half... It made me sooo fucking pissed off that people can be so fucking irresponsible.... This girl i was talking to was interested in pilling but had never done it. Now she has this image imprinted in her mind... Arghhh please people THINK!!!
Im not against getting fucked up as it may sound but i really think that u have to listen to your body and at least wait for the drugs to make their mark before going to the next level
PEACE
[ 12 October 2002: Message edited by: Backo ]

Originally posted by Backo:
This girl i was talking to was interested in pilling but had never done it. Now she has this image imprinted in her mind... Arghhh please people THINK!!!
Just a point, it sounds as though you're angry with this situation because it may persuade your friend not to try pills.. I agree that people could more carefully consider their actions and the effect it will have on the popular misconceptions about mdxx, but IMO, it is neither a good nor a bad thing if this story contributes to your friend's decision to use/not use. It's simply a personal choice, and whatever influences that choice will help to make it the right choice for her. I have friends who are really intrigued by the mdxx thing, and would try it, but recognise a part of themselves which would not allow them to exercise safer use. So they have decided not to tempt fate.
The bottom line is that not everyone can handle drug use in a responsible way. That's a reality that this story clearly demonstrates. Some people recognise that before they touch the stuff, others end up hurting themselves (and others) before they realise there is a problem...
:)

Originally posted by Tabernacle:
portions of my brain did not function for around 3 days.
Have to agree with this comment, two close buds of mine as well as myself munched near on two doz of these babies between us over the long weekend and were vertual zombies for a week following. In fact Im still a little rattled, I found it hard to type emails, hard to focus, my memory was fried and I couldnt concentrate on anything for longer than 5 secs without my brain hurting. It may be that we hit it a little hard by over munching but Ive managed to get away with it before without such massive side effects and that was on classic pills like green ?s, blue caps, ect. These pills are certainly special in their ability to rattle your chage a lot harder than anything ive ever had.

So basically im gonna have to go and try these pink babies before there all gone!! Still havent had a chance to try these but judging on what everyone is saying id be crazy not too.
Especially since my usual wkend munching habit of late has been 4 green versaces on sat nite and whatever shitty locals i can get hold of sunday nite.....I would love to get hold of a decent fucking pill which I only need 2 of to get me chargin!!
Thanx for gettin me excited peoples!
PinkangA

^^^
Maybe what you need instead of these pills is a nice long break..