• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dredging up this old one.. MDEA vs MDMA some new evidence.

etester2

Bluelighter
This is a much debated topic, with a very large following. After much absoption of wisdom from people with a lot of experience on BL, and information from some interesting threads, combined with my own personal experiences, I've come to the point where the balance is tipping in favour of the MDEA/MDMA as apposed to the whole Set/setting argument. (which i do realise is important still). So BigTrancer and Biscuit, take this with a grain of salt, but at least consider my humble thoughts, and feel free to set me in the right direction.
I'm a Perthite btw..
Some interesting pre-reading to refresh peoples memories:
mdma vs mdea prevalence in WA in 1995-1996. out of date but interesting
Forget "oldschool vs newschool" - MDMA vs MDEA!?
whats the difference between MDMA, MDA, MDEA, MDXX?
And now Heres My two experiences:
Supposed MDEA biccy(pillreports)
Supposed MDMA biccy(pillreports)
Summary for those who can't be bothered reading the URLS:
Went to an event, SET: music was some of the best i've ever heard, company was awesome, wasn't expecting too much, was going to have fun either way. SETTING: atmosphere was cranking, people were smiling, Lighting/Sound/Effects were good.
Anyway, had a bicky which had all the textbook effects of MDEA. Most notable was the extreme disapointment as I drifted down through the various plateous until hit complete baseline. Waited an hour or so to confirm that i was at baseline, then took a different biccy. Wow what a difference.
FIRST BICKIE: Fuzzy memory, rushes, a little loved up, not floaty, dirty head feeling, talkative, almost intoxicated.
SECOND BICKIE: Clean crystal clear thoughts, sissling happyness, Loved up, Floaty, energetic, talkative, all physical mdxx effects (although first one probably had them, just can't remember).
Most importantly, I can remember CLEARLY every single little thing we did, as apposed to the first one, which is just a blur, with a couple of things standing out (like the good music, etc)
I suppose what i am trying to say, is that I don't believe set and setting played as important a role here as the chems did. If anything my mindset was probably slightly lower after the first biccy. Either way, for both experiences i had the same "Doesn't matter what the effect is, i'm going to try and have fun anyway" attitude. (in fact i remember saying something similar to my GF when i was peaking from first biccy as I realised it was not entirely clear-headed and clean.)
Interested in your comments, but some points to mention:
-Preloaded for previous week with 5HTP, seratonin system was optimal. (hadn't been touched for months)
-My Girlfriend had the EXACT same experience, even though here mindset was probably slightly different to mine.
-First biccy lasted 2h of ?? then down to nothing, Second biccy lasted 4h of clean loved-up, floatyness, then still majorly happy (afterglow) for 8h after that.
-I've discounted Meth/Speed (+ eph/caf) in either of the pills, as my GF basically fell asleep straight away after both pills wore off.
-I've discounted MDA in either, because of course I EZ Extreme tested both beforehand. (both testing for secondary amine only presence)
-It most definitely didn't feel like K
After a fair amount of consideration, i'm definitely close to saying that the First one was probably primarily composed of MDEA. My experience verbatumly aggrees with Dr Shulgins Experience, and Errowid.
I could have one left, convince me to send it to dancesafe.
[ 03 October 2002: Message edited by: etester2 ]

Firstly you can't send them to dancesafe. they won't accept pils sent internationally.
Secondly does it really matter? You've described your subjective experience, and you seem conviced. I could sit here and try and argue, but who knows, maybe you are right.
MDEA does exist in a small percentage of pills sold as "Ecstasy", as does MBDB, another very simliar compound with subjective experiences much like has been described. Usually I'd add MDA to this list, but with the widespread use of Simon's Test we can now tell the difference chemically, but still many people would be hard pressed to be able to tell the subjective experiences apart.
[ 03 October 2002: Message edited by: johnboy ]

mdea was declared illegal in the netherlands in 1994 or thereabouts.....obviously there would of been stockpiles of the stuff leftover. consequently it would of ended up in pills for a few years after.....just look what happened to 4-MTA.
i personally believe it is not around anymore....why make it? you'd face the same jail sentence if you were making mdma. but when you sell it on the black market you wouldn't get the same price for it....nobody wants it.
do a risk analysis....pretend your a crim.....what drug are you going to make, smuggle and distribute?
maybe the pills you had are a mdma/4-mta combo?
[ 03 October 2002: Message edited by: lorrett ]
[ 03 October 2002: Message edited by: lorrett ]

2 years ago on bluelight mdea was everyones favorite scapegoat, just look at past posts/pillreports.com for those stats. with the increase of greater strength pills everyone forgot about how much 'mdea they used to get' and now it seems in the last month people are insisting they are getting it again. set and setting play an underacknowledged role when you take illicit chemicals.

From my experience with X i would have to say it has a lot to do with set/setting, pre-existing mood & events throughout your ride.
I have found if taking X in a sleep deprived or non energetic mood, the pills can have only mild to no effect at all even with a quality dose.
In the case of being in a not so happy mood or having a head F%&k during your ride. All good effects vertually disappear or never seem to join you at the party in your body & sometimes can even magnify the previous feelings. One instance I remember strolling through my fav' club absolutely pinging :cool: lovin it all... until I saw a X g/f (who i had not quite gottn over) with a guy who i didnt happen to have the warmest feelings for! Well i lost all those fuzzy body rushes & love that was running rampant through my body... Great night,,,, GAME OVER! I know from friends that have popped while in a unhappy mood & all that happened was that these unhappy feelings doubled in size.
I have also dumped quality pills like versace's at outdoor parties with live bands & bon fires & just did not seem to get into that cloud 9 state that I did the following week at a club with great music lights & people, on the same batch of V's.
Just some of the thoughts from ya papa