View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not recommending anything, just commenting that I have taken quite big amounts of benzos with MXE without any problems, quite the contrary. But I do have a high benzo tolerance and use them every day anyway. Of course it is not advisable to take big doses of benzo's with MXE if you don't have tolerance. I've used benzos so many years now I pretty much know exactly how much I can take.

I have found that combining methoxetamine with small amounts of stimulants increases the euphoria a lot for me. I found some methiopropamine in my stash (forgot I even had some) and snorted 10 mg methiopropamine which gave a huge boost in euphoria. I really don't have much use for stimulants otherwise but as I said, in small doses they increase the euphoria for me. Bigger doses should be avoided though, since both methoxetamine and stimulants raises the heart rate. Big doses of both will put quite a strain on the heart.

Last edited:
Well I guess this thread has turned into a project intended to document the safety of combinations because this is an especially tricky compound with a weird mechanism of action.

So I have decided that it will be supervised i.e. I will help trying to figure out what anecdotal evidence points to what direction. It's of course the best we have and apparently we need it since people seem to insist on combining it with pretty much everything they can think of, as may be the case with close-cousin ketamine.

^^ I think that's a great idea and a smart decision. I will never ever combine anything with methoxetamine again though after watching what happened to my friend. The state of bliss that it puts me in by itself is more than enough. This thread may indeed save a life or two; or atleast educate those who have questions.

100mg 6-APB and 30mg Methoxetamine felt dysphoric and the comedown made me depressed for a few days. 10mg 4-aco-dmt totally got rid of that depression.

Residual stimulation from mxe should not be controlled with Valium/Diazepam. I found myself feeling quite sick to my stomach, but it eased & I slept fine. Got the feeling it shouldnt be done though, as there's the risk of asphyxiating on vomit!

Etizolam did not appear to cause nausea at the tail end of mxe.

More recently I've been combining mxe & 4-fa which produces some quite profound euphoria. It's a delicate balance though, & can result in unwanted light-headedness & nausea. I'd advise against this combo for the time being as mixing more than one serotynergic can be dangerous. But subtle dosing, such as say 30-50mg of 4-fa & small 5-10mg bumps of mxe is my area of research at present.

I hear you, but it depends on the dose of the benzo / valium IMO. I think I am underdosing on benzo's because I try to maintain that I do not have tolerance while really I might have one.

The last time on methoxetamine though I dosed too late and found it impossible to sleep. I think the initial effects on methoxetamine are quite nice but it sucks more and more towards the end. So what is worse, a night without rest or some sedation from a benzo? I am NOT saying it is really safe at all to be using benzo's at that point but I personally took them the last time and was relieved to be able to sleep. I did not dose that high on MXE and felt no risk of asphyxiation or resp. depression at any certain time. I also dosed carefully on the benzo's. What I did was nibble on the parts of pills that I had left, resulting in a certain mix of benzo's at very light doses each. Then when that still did not work and I longed for sleep I topped it off with nitrazepam. Note that I take much lower doses of any benzo than I hear around me!!

Perhaps the decision for this depends on the situation, the doses and the specific benzo.

Wow, this thread has been needed for a very long time. I'll include my accounts of the negative interactions I have encountered with methoxetamine. I've posted these trip reports time and time again, but I feel it's an experience that everyone should, at the very least, be aware took place. Most of you are probably sick of the sight of this story, as am I, but it has never been more relevant.

I took 100mg 5-APB. Waited for it to kick in and plugged 50mg MXE. This was absolutely awesome. It was a completely lucid journey through my bedroom roof into the universe beyond. Very nice indeed. Under the influence of the MXE I remember dosing another 100mg of 5-APB. I had about 4 hours of unadulterated fun.

However as I started to return to reality, the hallucinations simply got more and more intense (They were of the wobbly-eye, wiggly worm, floating translucent blob variety). These symptoms got gradually worse over the space of about 2 hours. I tried to keep time, but I couldn't read or understand the time on my phone.

My vision was a mess. The intensity of my bedside lamp completely overwhelmed my field of view. Everything turned to a red and purple infra-red camera-style vision.

My brain was making a 'swish-swish-swish-swish' sound, and felt as though it was about to burst.

I felt as though I was filling with air, unbearably 'inflating' far more than capacity allowed.

My heart beat was just a blur. Was beating so, so fast....Faster than it ever should.

Muscles were shaking uncontrollably, whole body tensed up.

I had to keep moving about because every time I laid down, consciousness seemed to slip away. If I stopped moving for even a few seconds, I lost all feeling in my body. As it was, my brain was aching, my face had gone numb, extremities were numb. My vision began to fade, began to look as though I was watching events through a flickering projector. Everything just turned to pot, faculties such as sight, sound, touch were all failing. Naturally I believed I was going to die.

So I continued the cycle of calm breathing, sitting up, sitting down, turning light on, turning light off, so that I wasn't overwhelmed by numbness and blindness. I ought to point out that I became seriously exhausted. I almost gave up. However after 3 hours or so, the effects began to subside. Whatever it was, it felt like it could have been lethal. I'm sure it's enough of an ordeal to put a body into shock, or trigger heart failure.

So dopamine syndrome? Serotonin syndrome? The level of hallucination I had would be on par with high dopamine levels, but I did not become psychotic or paranoid about anything other than my own health. By the 48 hour mark the effects had gone completely, but left me very shaken.

People who have previously combined MXE with 6-APB and 5-APB, you must have been very lucky to not have run into a situation like this. Also this is probably the last time I try out a combo because others recommended it. It is apparent that this is not safe at all.

Hopefully this provides enough information for someone in the know to recognise the symptoms and hazard a guess as to what happened, and how much danger I was really in.

I took 50mg of MXE yesterday evening. I had been on 5-APB the day before. Everything was normal, only I couldn't get to sleep after no matter what, even well after the effects of the MXE had worn off. I started to get hot flushes running up around my temples along with the occasional shiver. Upon trying to sleep, within seconds of me laying still my face would contort and my tongue would roll back inside of me and prevent me from breathing. I'd come over all pleasurable as this happened. Then one particular bout of this left me seriously struggling to remain conscious. I had to get up, move about, in order to fight this overwhelming feeling of sleepiness. I've been fighting this feeling for a couple of hours now. It's constantly trying to sedate me. If I shut my eyes for one moment the euphoria and drowsiness overwhelms me. My body goes rapidly numb, my tongue rolls back, my face contorts. It feels as though my body is trying to put me in a coma. I feel a lot of pressure around my temples, my brain is also squelching a little. This is very unnerving. The fact that my body is blasting out this euphoria, urging me to go along with it. But it feels so, so wrong. I'm not sure how long this is going to go on for, all I know is that as long as I don't give in, I'm still alive and breathing.

What the hell is happening to me??? It feels as though my own body is trying to lure me into something awful. It's so sinister, my own body has foregone pain and instead chosen to knock me out cold with an irresistible euphoria. Like it's saying 'there there, it'll all be over soon'. Is this something anyone has encountered before?

I'm feeling much better thankyou.

Unfortunately the exact same thing happened yesterday, a full 3 days after I took the 5-APB and more than a day since the last incident. I just dosed the MXE, and 7 hours later I was struggling to hold it together. 1 solid hour of moving about, massaging my head, trying not to let it build up, or let myself get too panicked. I don't know whether 5-APB has such a long half-life that it was still dangerous, or whether I've developed a dangerous reaction to MXE. I'm never touching either drug again, nor any other for a very, very long time.

There is a definite pattern to this experience though.

First 1-4 hours standard MXE experience. No troubles

Hours 5-6 I return to baseline mentally, but physically weak. Coordination is awful, fingers and extremities become numbed. Vision becomes very wobbly, my eyes slide about as though on ice, unable to keep them on any particular focal point.

Hours 7-10 consciousness slips, rhythmic squelching in head, brain feels as though it is inflating. Hallucinations (vision becomes reminiscent of rain running down a window), colour distortion, detachment from reality. Speech slurred.

Hours 10 + slowly fades away (very slowly).

I have also experienced fairly unpleasant adverse effects using MXE on the back end of a methiopropamine binge. However experiences after MDMA, and on aMT have been superb.

Last edited:
wow 400mgs. that is insane dose. even for me. did the person get kidney pains after?

mxe- valium - nice but less dissociative
mxe - weed - very good and giggle.
mxe - amphetamines. the wobble brought the amphetamine down unpleasantly. but nice on the come down.
mxe - 5-apb/5apb. not sure. makes it very "melty flat" not social
mxe- and "magic" aka ec3 (a branded horrible drug). dangerous passed out every time mixed. totally blew the mxe up but knocks you out in minutes before it gets interesting. i suspect its a very bad combo health wise.
mxe- alcohol. at first. sicky. but goes well. not as euphoric.
mxe- quitipine. usually quitipine with knock you out at the end of the night. mxe stopped it working and it was a waste. no sleep

SWIM is going to get his hands on some of this substance. As he is also in possession of few other psychoactive substances, he would like to know if he has the proper knowledge about its effects and especially possible health concerns when combined with:
MXE + MAO-I = possibly deadly
MXE + SSRI = Dunno? (SWIM isnt it on SSRI's but one of his friends is)
MXE + 2C-E/P = ok?
MXE + Mushrooms/4-HO-MET/4-AcO-DMT = ok?
MXE + AM-2201 = ??
MXE + Methylone = ok?
MXE + MDAI = possibly dangerous?
MXE + DOC = ??
MXE + Nitrous = ok?

Last edited:
SWIM is going to get his hands on some of this substance. As he is also in possession of few other psychoactive substances, he would like to know if he has the proper knowledge about its effects and especially possible health concerns when combined with:
MXE + MAO-I = possibly deadly
MXE + SSRI = Dunno? (SWIM isnt it on SSRI's but one of his friends is)
MXE + 2C-E/P = ok?
MXE + Mushrooms/4-HO-MET/4-AcO-DMT = ok?
MXE + AM-2201 = ??
MXE + Methylone = ok?
MXE + MDAI = possibly dangerous?
MXE + DOC = ??
MXE + Nitrous = ok?

I would mix only with tryptamines, phenethylamines, cannabinioids and nitrous. All these mdma like stuff seems risky with MXE. Also SSRI is risky, at least with DXM.

^Really? I thought it was created because it combined the ketone on the cyclohexane ring with the 3-MeO group on the phenyl, both of which were considered to be desirable for recreational and therapeutic purposes. The N-ethyl group makes it more potent than K, so at equipotent doses you end up with less of the toxic metabolite, but MXE is going to be dealkylated just like ketamine and the product is probably going to be similarly nephrotoxic.

kidney and bladder pains should not be seen with mxe. that is the reason it was created.

they might still occur, just with less regularity. the thinking is that MXE is more potent as a dissociative, but equally or less potent as a chemical that fucks over your bladder (as compared to ketamine). so people that use a lot of MXE might still get problems, but the baseline for medical issues is going to be higher.

I would mix only with tryptamines, phenethylamines, cannabinioids and nitrous. All these mdma like stuff seems risky with MXE. Also SSRI is risky, at least with DXM.

Umm.... MDMA and "these mdma like stuff" (e.g., Methhylone???) ARE in fact phenethylamines, FYI.

And certainly the combo of MXE with MDMA has given multiple people reporting in BL very very bad scary effects, and I would expect Methlone and other 2C's (all ohenethylamines) to be similarly dangerous.

Though perhaps not in extreme moderation (small small amounts). Dont recall seeing ANY reports combining MXE and methylone, but it sounds risky to me.

Oh and several have reported severely bad effects combining even small amounts of cannabis with MXE, so beware.

Not that I'm suggesting that it's dangerous, but one person's experience of one use of a combination without adverse effects is hardly unshakeable proof of the safety of that combination.

good point vader!

Oh and several have reported severely bad effects combining even small amounts of cannabis with MXE, so beware.

like what?????????????

trolling much?

i'd like to add--that after quite a few trials, phenazepam mixes nicely with MXE. It certainly, if nothing else, allows for really calm sleep after the peak.

Last edited by a moderator:
like what?????????????

trolling much?

^ Hell no. Read the threads on MXE. Several people, all with lots of experience and regular pot smokers have posted about excessively strong effects smoking weed while on methoxetamine. Look it up, perhaps more in the Big & Dandy Methoxetamine topic than here. Or just wait, I'm sure some will chime in here. I was skeptical at first too but too many have written about it for it not to be a real issue.

Large doses of MXE with even just a little weed can indeed produce very strong effects, which can be frightening or worrying. Racing heart is probably the most frightening bit.

Whether that's "severely bad" is subjective, and that might be why Fixed reacted like that, but it's a bit of an overreaction to call you a troll, you're just summarising a commonly reported experience.

You do sometimes use severely emotional turns of phrase, DH ;)

Large doses of MXE with even just a little weed can indeed produce very strong effects, which can be frightening or worrying. Racing heart is probably the most frightening bit.

Whether that's "severely bad" is subjective, and that might be why Fixed reacted like that, but it's a bit of an overreaction to call you a troll, you're just summarising a commonly reported experience.

You do sometimes use severely emotional turns of phrase, DH ;)

interesting...i'll do the research, but have had no run-ins whatsoever with the bad side of this particular combo--neither have those I've been with indulging in the combo either.

the troll name-calling was out of pure surprise at adverse reactions to something i'd experienced as very mellow

Status
Not open for further replies.