View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabapentin can add some euphoria and seems safe.

The potential for negative interaction seems to be low with this combo, and Gabapentin and Pregabalin are reported to have the ability to significantly augment the effects of dissociatives, usually with subjectively positive results reported. While our understanding of the exact mechanism behind this is unclear, it is unlikely that it is particularly dangerous.

60 MXE with 20 mg 2C-I was wonderful combo , very colourful , euphoric and visual trip <3
I took both substances on outdoors , the nature was magnificent

I've tried this combination myself without issues, and other users have reported good results as well. Saucy had a report on this combo a while back that I found very interesting: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=564568

-NeuroPsyence

Last edited:
Any educated guesses (NeuroPsyence?) on potential interactions with MXE taken a few hours after a beta-blocker like propranolol (~10mg)?

Aha... well this is a way of probing this question... some people love weed on MXE, some find it horrifying. So, just a hypothesis... perhaps the people who react especially badly to weed+MXE also react badly to other weed+Psychedelic/Dissociative combos?

People who get anxiety from cannabis tend to get anxiety from combining it with a dissociative. I have had some truly great experiences with combining high-grade weed with dissociatives, and a couple of really bad ones. Here's my experience with the combo:

Consistently good results combining weed and ketamine, better than ketamine on it's own in my experience.

Weed + 3-MeO-PCE was a mistake. Some truly disturbing mental effects were produced by the combo, took me several days to recover mentally.

Weed + methoxetamine for whatever reason seems to be a tricky combo; very inconsistent. Sometimes low-dose MXE + weed have produced good results, other times the combination proved uncomfortable. Two highly negative results with high-dose MXE + weed-- one of them so horrific that I am never going to try this combination again (I couldn't stop worrying about brain damage during the whole experience; it was unbelievably uncomfortable).

Last edited:
What experiences have people had combining MXE with other disassociatives? I'm curious as to how things play out when you're under the influence of multiple disassociatives. Messy, I'm guessing.

Any educated guesses (NeuroPsyence?) on potential interactions with MXE taken a few hours after a beta-blocker like propranolol (~10mg)?

While their mechanisms of action shouldn't interact directly, except maybe (and this is a big maybe) through minor nonselective action on serotonin receptors if there is any merit to the occasional murmurs going around about methoxetamine possessing action related to serotonin.

Side note regarding this hypothesis-- it's not out of the question that methoxetamine may have an effect on serotonin type 2 receptors; Ketamine was recently demonstrated to interact with 5-HT2a after all, and they certainly have some similarity in structure and mechanism of action (although people's frequent implications that MXE is some sort of ultra-close sister drug to ketamine are just flat-out false).

Anyways, propranolol and methoxetamine certainly pose the possibility for substantial indirect interaction, and considering how many drugs propranolol is contraindicated with, as well as the fact that MXE is not only formally unprofiled pharmacologically, but there are some pretty reasonable doubts as to whether it's initial proposed mechanism of action really captures what exactly this drug is doing in our bodies as well, I personally would absolutely avoid the combination. You'd be stepping in to some seriously uncharted territory with this combo.

Last edited:
@JSPete

MXE and Ket has been mentioned a few times. It's pretty good! You might well call it messy, but in a good way. It can get very euphoric and mad.

What experiences have people had combining MXE with other disassociatives? I'm curious as to how things play out when you're under the influence of multiple disassociatives. Messy, I'm guessing.

Not as much as you would think in some cases.

Methoxetamine + Ketamine seems to produce consistently good results.
MXE + N20 in my opinion is likely more toxic than it's worth, but people have reported that the combination is enjoyable.
Methoxetamine + dextromethorphan has been reported to be sloppy, and I definitely wouldn't recommend this one because of the potential for negative interaction on a pharmacological level. Although a combination that it is unlikely many people will experience, it is interesting to note that I know of someone who took a small dose of methoxetamine on top of a moderate dosage of a synthesis of dextrorphan that intentionally included less than 1% of its' levo isomer, and he reported intense euphoria (on a side note, I had the fortune of being able to try a single dose of the quazi-rascemic mixture from this particular synthesis, and it was very enjoyable.
Methoxetamine + 3-MeO-PCE seems to produce very manic effects, although there's nowhere near a large enough of a sample set to draw any definite conclusions about the combination. Haven't heard about anyone combining MXE with PCP yet.

-NeuroPsyence

Last edited:
i look forward to trying it with some more traditional psychs.
The ones on my mind are LSD, 4 aco dmt, amt and 2cd.

Methoxetamine + LSD combine well in my experience. There is some definite interaction going on at Dopamine D2, although what practical implications result from this is anyone's guess.

MXE and 4-AcO-DMT go great together. Topped only by the combination of MXE and simple tryptamines (of which DMT and DPT are my personal favorites for this type of combination) in terms of how profound the resulting synergy seems to be.

MXE + aMT generally is reported to produce enjoyable effects without the negative interactions that are associated with the combination of methoxetamine and most other enactogenic monoamine releasers.

MDMA + Methoxetamine , something amazing ! mxe adds plush to mdma . I really recommend to all this combo :D

Christ, you people just don't learn. It has been widely available knowledge for, what, 6+ months, that methoxetamine + MDMA is a particularly dangerous combination. MANY people have reported severely negative symptoms with this combination, some resembling serotonin syndrome, some reporting severe hypertension, some people reporting that it took a week or more to recover from the experience.

DON'T DO IT. It is not worth it for the sake of your own health, not to mention that you're putting the whole market for the drug at risk by recklessly combining a poorly-understood substance with another that together are well known to cause problems.

Last edited:
I've had 10 mg of MXE with my usual (~weekly) dose of Kratom yesterday. There might have been some tolerance to the MXE as I've done about 100 mg of it over the last week.

The MXE would greatly enhance the Kratom effects. However it quickly became 'too much'.

When resting too long I felt like I was going to pass out. So I restlessy kept running around the house until the main effects of the MXE wore off.
My pulse was not much more shallow than on Kratom alone, so I'm not sure if I was just becoming paranoid. Occasional (and light) stings to the left side of my body wouldn't help either.

I don't think I'm gonna try this again.

I've had 10 mg of MXE with my usual (~weekly) dose of Kratom yesterday. There might have been some tolerance to the MXE as I've done about 100 mg of it over the last week.

The MXE would greatly enhance the Kratom effects. However it quickly became 'too much'.

When resting too long I felt like I was going to pass out. So I restlessy kept running around the house until the main effects of the MXE wore off.
My pulse was not much more shallow than on Kratom alone, so I'm not sure if I was just becoming paranoid. Occasional (and light) stings to the left side of my body wouldn't help either.

I don't think I'm gonna try this again.

MXE is known to dangerously potentiate opiates. My friend has a codeine prescription, with an accompanying tolerance, and nodded hard off his prescripted dose whilst under the influence of MXE. Please be careful.

I think the sweet spot with DPT/MXE is 15mg/15mg IM. Blew my fucking mind, I had been watching Gundam right before, as well as playing my robotics character on global agenda, and I just saw hundreds of psychedelic robots fighting for most of the trip. I turned into a robot for some of it, the visuals were just so breathtakingly awesome, so crisp and clear and they were all technological based hallucinations, just outstanding. I'll write a TR later.

Anyways, propranolol and methoxetamine certainly pose the possibility for substantial indirect interaction, and considering how many drugs propranolol is contraindicated with, as well as the fact that MXE is not only formally unprofiled pharmacologically, but there are some pretty reasonable doubts as to whether it's initial proposed mechanism of action really captures what exactly this drug is doing in our bodies as well, I personally would absolutely avoid the combination. You'd be stepping in to some seriously uncharted territory with this combo.

Thanks for the response. I had my doubts it would be a risk free combo so I'll just have to find something else, or make sure I leave enough time for the propranolol to completely wear off.

I wouldn't be surprised if MXE itself (during the later effects) is effective for performance anxiety, maybe I'll try it sometime..

I think the sweet spot with DPT/MXE is 15mg/15mg IM. Blew my fucking mind, I had been watching Gundam right before, as well as playing my robotics character on global agenda, and I just saw hundreds of psychedelic robots fighting for most of the trip. I turned into a robot for some of it, the visuals were just so breathtakingly awesome, so crisp and clear and they were all technological based hallucinations, just outstanding. I'll write a TR later.

Wow, I'm stunned that you got such significant effects at such a low dosage, even via IM administration. 15mg of DPT is barely a threshold dose, and 15mg of MXE, although recreational in most individuals, is not exactly what I would consider particularly psychedelic.

In my personal experience, the more profound effects of this combination don't really become apparent until nearly ten times the doses you listed (via intranasal/intrarectal for DPT/MXE, respectively). I would imagine that 150/150 administered via IM would likely be a very intense experience even for a tolerant individual like myself, however.

Yeah, significant effects from 15/15 is surprising, but certain combo synergies can surprise the best of us.

After a bad experience my girlfriend had last night I wanted to strongly warn anyone against taking paracetamol after MXE (this is noteworthy as quite a few people seem to suffer from headaches after medium-high doses of MXE).

A question: Does anybody have any experiences with/can anyone make an educated guess regarding a combination of low-dose MXE (15mg) with a low dose of alprazolam (.5mg, slight tolerance)?

The first time I took MXE, I smoked some cannabis and started having a bit of mania/anxiety so I took a small amount of xanax and it really chilled me out nicely. I don't see any issues combining the two in small doses.

I'm on tramadol daily for chronic pain. How bad will tramadol interact with mxe due to their NMDA receptor activity. Ketamine is very similar and also acts on the same receptors any I read many acounts of them not having and bad interaction. I did ketamine for the first time yesterday and experienced no ill interaction. Does mxe interact with tramadol anyworse than ketamine and if so why considering they both act very simmilar on the brain.

Also how much does mxe depress the respitory system compared to ketamine since besides tramadol I'm also on hydrocodone and other depressents for my pain.

Last edited:
I'm on tramadol daily for chronic pain. How bad will tramadol interact with mxe due to their NMDA receptor acticity. Ketamine is very similar and also acts on the same recoptors and I read many acounts of them not having and bad interaction. I did ketamine for the first time yesterday and experienced no ill interaction. Does mxe interact with tramadol anyworse than ketamine and if so why considering they both act very simmilar on the brain.

Also how much does mxe depress the respitory system compared to ketamine since besides tramadol I'm also on hydrocodone and other depressents for my pain.

It's probably a bad idea due to the weird interaction reported with various drugs that effect the serotonin system. It's been discussed in depth, you might start here:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=9582530&postcount=931

I don't personally think there is much effect on breathing. I find MXE more of a stimulant then a depressant. I have mixed with o-desmethyltramadol, which is, compared to tramadol, by and large a pure µ-opioid receptor agonist (there is, however, an NRI effect) without issue (moderate doses of both). So I would say, compared with ketamine, they are much the same on this count.

I have had an M-hole experience where I seemed to have difficulty breathing, but this may simply have been a psychological, subjective effect, i.e. hallucination. I felt like the air in my room had become thick like tar and breathing felt as you might expect for that scenario. Others have noted similar effects with ketamine. I veer towards the psychological explanation as this has only happened once to me, while I've taken MXE dozens of times.

But as always, use common sense and start your dosing low.

Wow, I'm stunned that you got such significant effects at such a low dosage, even via IM administration. 15mg of DPT is barely a threshold dose, and 15mg of MXE, although recreational in most individuals, is not exactly what I would consider particularly psychedelic.

In my personal experience, the more profound effects of this combination don't really become apparent until nearly ten times the doses you listed (via intranasal/intrarectal for DPT/MXE, respectively). I would imagine that 150/150 administered via IM would likely be a very intense experience even for a tolerant individual like myself, however.

I have a light tolerance to MXE and I'm a tryptamine hardhead as well as tripping over 250 times within my 4 years of drug use, I usually rectally dose 100mg DPT or MXE, but the synergy of these two drugs really blows me away, as well as IM over any other ROA providing the best experience for both drugs.

After doing this trip: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=576839

I decided on 15mg of each, and had a much more crystal clear, conscious experience. No matter how hardheaded you think you are, i would not try it at 150/150 first, that seems insane to me, I've exhausted my DPT stash but I was doing a DPT/MXE combo every three nights, but do as you will.

Also, tried 40mg MXE/2mg 5-MEO-DMT IM a few nights ago because I'm out of DPT, and it pretty much sucked. It was okay for the first hour, but once the DMT wore off, I felt bored with the trip, it kinda made the visuals more boring, flat and white.

Has anyone tried potentiating this with piracetam? Piracetam seems to double the effects of most psychedelics but I've never tried with a dissociative.

Status
Not open for further replies.