Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

INFO ON DEXAMPHETAMINE

scotty1411

Bluelighter
Hi guys,
Well i want some info on dexamphetamine(known as dexies), its a prescription drug and is provided to ppl with ADD OR ADHD(one of those 2)
For somebody who dosent have ADHD or ADD what can this drug do to you in the long run, like i no theres speed in them, what can it do to you?
Any info would be good! R there any websites etc on this drug
CHEERS SCOTT

Basically, dexies carry many of the same risks as illegally produced amphetamine, although dexamphetamine its much cleaner being a pharmaceutical than is most street meth. Meth is also known to produce more side effects, and is no longer used medically. Here’s a thread to start with but there are others, UTSE
dex-amphetamine

Ok I don't think your going to get any better answers than the two above and this has been covered and endless amount of times before. Check the other threads(you will find heaps if you search) and if you have any specific questions you can't find answers too come back and ask again :)
While we're on the subject of these little nasties I feel its a perfect time to express that I've come to the personal conclusion that these drugs are way over prescribed and its more of a cop-out for parents with over active children than a tried and proven cure. I feel it's dangerous to be starting such young people on powerful drugs and I really think other ways of dealing with hyperactive children should be looked at. I'm sure some children actually suffer from bad ADD or ADHD and really do need the medication but it was even in the paper earlier in the week that WA has the highest rate of children on this medication. Some doctors are quite happy to give out the drugs without proper diagnosis.
Fair enough it settles the kids for the time being but what happens later down the track when we have generations of pill hungry older teenagers who have grown up with the impression its ok to take a pill for what ever problem you have rather than dealing with the actual problem.
/rant

You're damned right Fry D. Not to mention the obvious moulding of the psyche which would occur from such an early and prolonged use of amphetamines, I'm not talking about forming habits, but rather shaping their mental development and attitude.
Amphetamines are likely to push children into a certain kind of thought. I understand that this medication can reduce the use of ones imagination. Yet childhood is ALL ABOUT the imagination. Exploring and learning about the world through the creation of countless other worlds. We are robbing children of the most precious moments of their life in order to make our lives more convenient.

Yeh thats what i wanna no, the other threads jus talk about experiences and comparing to pills. do you guys think it plays with your mind, trips u out, will have bad side effects way down the track in later life, if u think there will be any side effects what exactly? Just things like that, im 18 and take a few to stay awake while i work at night but lately ive heard bad things and crap about dexxies and u shouldnt take them blah blah, now im pretty worried wat ive taken or done to myself!

I find if I want a rush then speed is the go. If I need to stay up all night and work then one or two dexies are the go. It's more of a wired feel then a speedy feel. By that I mean you don't want to dance your ass off all night, but you just don't get tired.

YEH but the speed lately has bin dodgy as but gotta stop the dexies, BAD ASS COMEDOWN I GOT AT THE MOMENT, ITS BADDDDD

If you are taking dexies regularly scott, you might get the same symptoms as if you were abusing speed. There is a lot of research around that has shown that amphetamine use/abuse can cause long term damage to your brain. Of course taking any drug (not prescribed to you) for a prolonged period of time is going to be bad for you.
I think everyone agrees with you Fry-d. There are 2 year olds being prescribed dexies for godsake!!!
I think the doctors and parents of a lot of these kids have found out that dexies have recreational value ;)
I have worked with kids who were really difficult, and then totally good and quiet when they were on dexies. I think it is beneficial for a few children/people, but most prescriptions for it are unnecessary. Whenever you see aca or something with kids supposedly with ADD, you see their parents yelling at and smacking their kids, in exactly the same way the kids are behaving! When solutions such as diet are discussed they end up saying it is too hard to do! But get a couple of quiet well-behaved kids, and give them a huge amount of lollies and sugar, then check on the kids about 1/2 hr later - ahhh screaming monsters I tell you!
Much of childrens anger appears to come from frustration due to being unable to solve their problems. Dexies don't teach them how to solve their problems, so the adults created are sure to have a lot of social problems (and be socially immature?).

Whenever you see aca or something with kids supposedly with ADD
most people who do not have ADD but know about rec. speed have a pretty cynical view of ADD and sufferers.

Originally posted by simpledimple:

most people who do not have ADD but know about rec. speed have a pretty cynical view of ADD and sufferers.

hell, iv supposedly got ADHD and I'VE got a cynical view of ADD/ADHD... i personally think that ADD/ADHD isn't a 'disease' as such but an extreme personality trait... how can you 'treat' something like that with meds? Still, I'm spewing that I no longer have a ritalin prescription! ;)

true. I dont think psychology knows a whole lot full stop.
Its just a group of condition names that is used to characterise everyones personal state of mind.
if you get prescribed a stimulant and it helps you a lot use it, if they switch you to a med that you believe yourself is making ur life go ahead in a fashion ur unhappy with, tell them you dont accept the change or dont take it at all.
course if you have a low IQ, are erratic and cant control ur actions, ull fuck up anythin including using medication, YAY! Like if you get put on a stimulant, ur having a great time in ur mind...cruisin, STACK THE CAR, TWICE FOR GOOD MEASURE then this person shoulda been shot at birth.
If you make the most of the medication and get things done, great. If you use them soley to masturbate all day, take um away doc!
rec. drugs are for fun, prescriptions are for functionality. i think that anyway!
when did you first get hyper? in yo dypers? or wen older?

A guy I know has ADD, but finds a few cones is better then a few pills. But he still has his prescription. (nudge nudge wink wink say no more)