Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

G-O.D. = C.P.R.

phase_dancer

Bluelight Crew
OK, I know everyone is fed up with G stories. I was going to add this to the thread started by eddi spgeddi, but since this incident almost cost a life, I thought it was worthwhile starting a new one. I don't usually write of such interventions, but this was literally very close to home.

Last Saturday night, after nearly not going to a party, we rolled up round midnight to wish the host a happy birthday. As durex was the word of the night I stayed on, danced and chatted. Later, a bunch of people arrived from out of town, and word was put around they had G. At this time I was in a bedroom, wrapped up with empathic discussions re all things beautiful, so I didn't hear this.

Around an hour later I walked out to the kitchen where someone said a guy had crashed out on the lawn. The sun was up at this stage. He was quite hot, and completely motionless. I checked his pulse and respiratory rate, and everything seemed OK, but we couldn't rouse him. We then moved him to a cool place and lay him down, where 2 trained girls monitored his heart rate and strength, and his breathing.

I set about finding out what he had taken, which wasn’t easy as the only person who knew him had gone home. Remember at that stage no-one had told me or the other carers of G being around. Someone eventually mentioned it and ultimately I was shown a water bottle containing ~ 150ml of a clear slightly viscous liquid. I tasted a drop. Very salty, with no discernable odour. (erhaps not that salty; but I had been drinking lite beers and expected it to be salty and it was)

Within ten minutes the guy's pulse had almost disappeared. He stopped breathing, and his pupils were totally non-responsive to light. Applying CPR, he was rushed to hospital where he was placed on resuscitation. An hour later he was transferred to another hospital and placed on life support. His condition was described as critical but stable. It wasn't until late yesterday afternoon - some 12 hours later- that he came around. Hospital staff said they have no doubt he would have died had it not been for the CPR he was given.

This is not the first time our crew have seen G related incidents, and have been involved in just as serious situations, but it was the first time at a private party in our town. It was fortunate party goers included several trained carers, who ultimately saved the guy’s life. Even more lucky was that someone found him at all, as he was laying some 20 meters from the house.

I don't know how often this happens in G circles, but anyone offering a swig from a water bottle to someone who knows nothing of the drug is downright irresponsible. Two others I heard of at the party were stopped by friends before they could take a swig. Neither of these people it was discovered, knew anything of the drug but both were initially keen to give it a go after hearing about its sexual qualities. When I asked the dude with the bottle how much is taken, he replied "bout 4mls man, maybe a little more for you cause you're bigger". That being the case, how did he expect someone to gauge that amount when drinking from a bottle!

I think its a good idea if this thread features similar stories. Some of you may be sick of hearing them, but if this guy had’ve been someone you know, maybe you’d think differently.
Please, be careful, don't drink concentrated G from a bottle, and measure any and all G drugs accurately.
I don't know what else to add.

Many thanks to the angels who averted this near tragedy.

[ Edit 23-4-03 by phase_dancer; added paragraph breaks]

Last edited:
Please, be careful, don't drink concentrated G from a bottle, and measure any and all G drugs accurately.
[ 16 September 2002: Message edited by: ruski ]

...and please don't be wandering around with stuff that requires a dose in single digit mils. Tried and true is the 125g/100mil (15mil dose) dilution.
Two mils over with a dose of 15mils is a lot different to two mils over with a 2mil dose.
Thanks for the heads up phase_dancer, perhaps this will put things into perspective for some people out there. No matter how many good intentions people have, just having highly concentrated G around increases the likelyhood of an OD by many orders of magnitude.

Oh, and common sense (but wasn't mentioned in this thread), dye your G blue with food colouring!
It lets people know that it aint water, and it'll probably save lives. Hands up anyone who'll go around swigging blue liquid willy nilly.
Yeah, I thought so.
Enjoy.

I'll second that quote:
Also, bigger build does not always translate to larger tolerance. Eg. some of my smaller friends can drink my larger friends under the table without a problem. Everyone reacts differently with drugs.

It is very easily to mistake G for water as well. Please add food dye to ANY bottle containing G/1,4b and MARK IT QUITE CLEARLY that it is not drinkable liquid. It is very easily to drink from a bottle that contains a water like substance without stopping to make a pre-check that it is actually water. Happened to a close friend of mine on the weekend, he took a swig from what he thought water bottle to discover the taste was not water. He was very lucky and quickly expelled the drink before swallowing it.
Please be ultra careful people, ESPECIALLY around people who are not experienced with various drugs. This is the reason why I argue people should read up drug forums on bluelight (who read bluelight of course) even if they do not take drugs. You should be able to see signs of drug taking activities in the case someone ever passes out or something similar and this is one step in helping save lives in case medical assistance is needed. Being able to tell any medical officers what (possible) drugs were taken by a person unconscious is one big help in possibly helping save their life.

Jeez...i can't believe that people are still doing that (swigging) :( The unfortunate thing is that up here, some people only know the drugs as either Frank or Fred :( :( ...we've had conversations with people and ask if it's GHB or 1,4 Butanediol...they don't know what the hell you're talking about...and these are the people who are selling it!
Major props Phase for going above and beyond the call of duty! It was lucky that you were there!
I was at a private party with some friends who had aquired an amount of 1,4b and had taken some to the party to "top-up" with. I was to find out later that the 1,4b was concentrated. One of the boys was told to top up with a small amount, but obviously thinking that "he could handle it" took 3.5 mls more than he should have. I've never seen someone pass out as quickly as this fellow...on any kind of depressant! He sat down and within under 5 minutes was passed out.
I tried to rouse him, but realised that if i didn't move him quickly, i'd never move him...so i splashed water on his face and told him that we were moving him to somewhere more quiet...i had a fellow bluelighter there (who will remain unnamed) and he was fantastic. If you read this...THANKYOU!!! :D
Anyway, i kept him upright, leaning against me, and checked his vitals every 10 minutes...i had a little compact mirror that i put under his nose to check his breathing...his breathing became quite shallow, and his pulse was weaker (but stable), nothing that really alarmed me...he was dribbling profusely and was basically unrousable for 2 hours (although he would wake up occasionally and mumble crap 8) ). After that time, i grabbed some ice from my cup and rubbed it on his neck. He sat up and said "woohoo! this party is rocking!".... 8) :X
People just need to think! This could have easily turned into a story like Phase's -or worse-....thank goodness it didn't.
My night, instead of being spent having a good time with my buddies, was spent watching my passed-out friend. People need to realise that there are consequenses for their actions...that don't just affect them!
The thing is, alot of people up here know a little about GHB and 1,4b but don't know how to handle someone that has taken more than they should...it can vary between having a nap for 20 minutes to dying....if we hadn't have been there, checking his breathing and pulse, people would have been screaming and running round in circles, as people were just beginning to....complete chaos.
These things, not only affect you, but the people who are left to look after you, or worse, grieve for you. :(
[ 17 September 2002: Message edited by: samadhi ]
[ 18 September 2002: Message edited by: samadhi ]

News just in. The guy is OK, but was still groggy yesterday. He apparently just picked up a bottle off the bench and gulped down a swig. He didn't even notice the taste it seems. When he awoke in hospital he had no idea of what had happened.
I did a small experiment with water from a 600ml bottle, and found a swig for me is at least 35mls. This may mean he had 8-9 X the loosely recommended dose!
I think the food colouring + labeling advice is the best I've heard so far. I'll do my utmost to ensure this stuff gets on soon to be printed and circulated HM pamphlets.
Dearest angel speshal k has one message she asked me to relay. If you use G or have friends who do, please learn CPR
Thanks everyone, its good to see important (even if for some overdone) issues such as this receive the responses they have.

You were lucky there were professionals there.
Don't mess around with this shit kids, if someone is unrousable and breathing shallowly, then call an ambulance. Don't let them "sleep it off". If they crack the shits cos you ended their nite by calling an ambulance then just tell them they should be more careful with what they put in their body.
I know if I ever fuck up and pass out to that extent, I'd much rather be prematurely rushed to hospital than die.

just to re-iterate re. doses and body weights are critical...
on empty stomachs; i had a 5ml dose (salty g) last sunday (im 96kilos)... mrs spgeddi (50kilos) had 3mils. BL NULEAR FISHING (70kilos) had 5 mil too.
mrs and nuke were badly gone, but it was the fisher that had us all worried...
we had to kick him real hard to get a response and the whole experience was ruined by constant concerns for his well being.
also, have a little to eat b4hand, as the nausia is revolting.

... lol please don't kick people to get a response. The sleep you are in can really be an unrousable one, one that will you only come out of once your body has metabolised it out of your system enough. Its like kicking someone under general anestetic, you may also end up hurting your foot ;)

Kicking someone to rouse them is a tad excessive! A simple sternal rub or ear pinch will do, followed by shaking them. To do a sternal rub, just rub your knuckles into the persons sternum (aka breast bone). Try it on yourself - it bloody hurts, but shouldn't cause bruising (unlike kicking 8) ). Then shake them by the shoulders. If doing this once or twice doesn't rouse the person at all, then they are officially in the poo.

stories like this are becoming more and more frequent now G is becoming more popular. I think this is the main reason while G was banned in the first place, it is just too easy for accidents and irresponsibility.
Another important point is keep your G in the main container it came in marked poison and only take out small doses at a time. In my opinion you should only have max 1 to 4 doses in a water bottle and sip it over the couse of the night rather than one big, often unaccurate hit.
Just be careful, G in all its forms has had a bad enough rap in the past :D

It's is unfortunate that there are still people who do not respect G for the type of drug it is.
If you wanna prove your 'manhood' drink beer not G!!!
I;m glad that people on here aren't blaming the drug but more the people which is the case with abuse of any drug...
I don't believe though that di;uting your G with water is the way to go but... I'm not sure it's completely soluble and you may end up with inconsistant doses.
As I see it there are three rules with G...
1: Don't mix with alcohol!
2: Never top up within the hour!
3: Only top up with two thirds the original dose!

I think this is the main reason while G was banned in the first place
Ahhh... I think you'll find the reason it was banned is because people started having fun with it - the same as all other drugs...

Alfy, I think it's more to do with the fact that it's really easy to kill yourself with. As much as I'd love to be able to buy the stuff at the corner store, it's not something Jo Average should be able to get his hands onto.