Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

codeine dosage ??

ful_sik_trippa

Bluelighter
questions:
what would be a good dosage of codeine to take in combination with MDMA and GHB? is it ok to just take pandeine forte(500mg paracetamol + 30mg codeine phosphate) as the codeine source?
ive seen 60mg recommended - is this a decent amount combined with say 2 pills and a bit of G? im not looking to go crazy - just a nice glow to complement the MDMA + G.
thanks geezers

Dude.. what's the point? Unless you take a large enough amount of codeine, it's not gonna do shit. And by the time you get that large amount you've had too much paracetamol.
So unless you want to extract it (so you don't kill your liver by taking too much paracetamol alongside 2 other drugs that are already messing up your liver), i'd say you wouldn't be able to take enough to get much effect.
Shit I take 60mg of codeine for a toothache and it sometimes doesnt work.
Besides, excessive codiene has the tendency to induce nausea. So if you take too much, you could end up having to lie on your back for the whole trip cos everytime you try to move you feel like throwing up. Not something I'd be wanting to add to my MDMA+G trip.
Smoke a spliff instead. Its a depressant, it makes you happy - and it'll probably have more of an effect.
ooh. I see there's more icons now.

dude.... BAD idea, the G & codiene mixture.
Both are central nervous system depressants and you have a far greater risk of harming yourself with that combination.
A lot of people who die from Heroin, die because they used it in conjunction with GHB. So I would say avoid at all costs.

Thanks Mr Horse and Mona for the heads up...i will definately be leaving Codeine out of the equation.

Hehe High Five Horsey!
Hrm. Well.. weed is a depressant also is it not? So technically ya shouldn't have that either... but yah. I guess it doesn't really slow your heart rate down mucho.

I can't find any mention of THC being a depressent on erowid at all. Url is http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml
And nothing in the basics page either: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_basics.shtml
Seems to be referred to as a psychoactive..
Also found
Because cannabis increases heart rate, it could potentially increase risks of heart problems in those at risk of heart disease. One study found that cannabis use increased the risk of heart attack in men over 40, but its findings were weak and based on a very small number of individuals. In a large study of 65,000 individuals in California by Sidney et al in 1997, cannabis was not found to increase mortality rates among users under 50.
Hope this helps in regards to THC/weed

Cannabis is not a depressant - a depressant is a substance that lowers heart rate and central nervous system function. If the above is correct, cannabis actually increases heart rate.
Cannabis is usually classified as a hallucinogen.
"Psychoactive" is a generic term applied to any drug that affects thinking, feeling and/or perception, whether depressant, stimulant, hallucinogen, empathogen or whatever - which means just about every drug discussed on Bluelight.
I'd just like to echo the words of wisdom from those above - DON'T do GHB and codeine together!
[ 17 September 2002: Message edited by: D&AWg ]

Mona I'd like to correct you on the whole "Codeine doing nothing" point. Seriously, codeine is an awesome recreational drug, and while its use as a painkiller legitimately might not make it as 'cool' as some of the other 'more illegal' drugs that everyone takes, its recreational potential is certainly no less than many others.
I usually take it at about a 90mg dose, and that does induce a feeling of complete euphoria, certainly its far more subtle than MDMA, but then it doesn't play with your mind for days on end, and has no comedown or anything nasty like that.
If you're worried about liver damage, then extract the paracetamol as per the instructions on the erowid codeine FAQ.
I'd recommend not combining GHB & Codeine in high quantities, or at all really, simply because its on your own head when you put two depressants together.
-plaz out-

I think it's important to realise that people react differently to the same amount of codeine - or any drug for that matter.
As for it having no comedown, plazma I think you're lucky. I've only ever used Mersyndol and Panadeine occasionally at the recommended dosage for pain and basically I won't touch them anymore, because even that small amount of codeine makes me feel awful - hungover and scattered and listless the whole of the next day. And I never even got the euphoria to make up for it!
I realise of course that others would have quite different experiences.
The other thing to realise about codeine as a recreational drug is its high potential for dependence. It's an opiate, as are heroin and morphine, and if you get hooked the withdrawal symptoms of cramps, nausea, etc are very similar to withdrawing from these other opiate drugs.
I recently worked with someone who had developed a codeine habit - about 9 or 10 Panadeine a day - and although this person was well informed, intelligent and aware of the danger of all the paracetamol he was eating at the same time, it still took about three months of intensive counselling before he was able to wean himself off it successfully.
So if you like codeine and you're going to use it, just keep your eyes wide open and don't think it's an innocuous little pill just because it's available over the counter at your friendly local pharmacy.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agreed D&AWg, I've come off a codeine addiction myself, and haven't used it for close to two months. It wasn't quite a full blown once a day addiction, but it was enough for me to wake up and realise "fuck, I shouldn't be doing this" and then stop. I wholeheartedly agree that you shouldn't treat ANY drug carelessly.
-plaz out-