• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

MDMA come down/hangover

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
do you guys get one off just MDMA? normally my comedown is it just usually wears off, then i'm tired. the next day i'm usually feeling just fine, maybe tired if i didn't sleep much. why do i hear so much about people having terrible comedowns/hangovers? i normally take 3-5 pokeballs too, so i'm not dosing low.

i got a comedown on my first time bc i did a lot of pills, couldnt eat and didnt feel so good. second time did only one and got a comedown wasnt as worse but my skin was turning yellow. third time took a lot again and that was the first time i experience depression and trouble sleeping. fourth time took a lot and felt depression, anxiety, mood swings, depression, hard time focusing, and had trouble saying words. last time i rolled only took one and wasnt able to roll but the comedown was just as bad.
I guess some ppl dont experience a come down or it could be that i was spacing my rolls out to just one month.

My comedown sucks!!! I don't understand why others don't get that bad of a hangover. When I first started, I took practically nothing. Now I'm taking more but probably only an "average" does (if that exists).

I'm tried for the next few days ... and the next day I am just completely out of it. I can't focus well (especially on homework). I can get pretty sad/depressed. I also HURT (but that might be from dancing so much). As in stairs = torture for me! (and I'm in decent shape so it's not that! lol) And lack of motivation. And I can barely eat. I just feel "bla".

I have to schedule myself when I can do m - can't be just any day. I have to make sure I'm not doing anything important the next day, lol.

I dunno how people are perfectly fine the next day!!! :p I'm jealous hah

Oh forgot to say
My bf says I come down harder (get sad, depressed, unmotivated) because I am naturally happy. So I have a lot of serotonin and it disappearing is just not normal at all. And other people (like him) do not have as much and so he loses less than I do. That might also explain why I am crazy happy on m (I know it helps make you happy and all but everyone is impressed at my happiness and lovey-ness)

Last edited:
My friends call me the comedown kid...
Mine are usually pretty bad, and I gurn a lot so I absolutely rape the insides of my cheeks. If I rave on a Friday my apetite is usually back by Sunday night, fully restored on Monday.
I'm also tired until Monday, and the Saturday I feel like death :p All worth it though IMHO

My comedown sucks!!! I don't understand why others don't get that bad of a hangover. When I first started, I took practically nothing. Now I'm taking more but probably only an "average" does (if that exists).

I'm tried for the next few days ... and the next day I am just completely out of it. I can't focus well (especially on homework). I can get pretty sad/depressed. I also HURT (but that might be from dancing so much). As in stairs = torture for me! (and I'm in decent shape so it's not that! lol) And lack of motivation. And I can barely eat. I just feel "bla".

I have to schedule myself when I can do m - can't be just any day. I have to make sure I'm not doing anything important the next day, lol.

Oh forgot to say
My bf says I come down harder (get sad, depressed, unmotivated) because I am naturally happy. So I have a lot of serotonin and it disappearing is just not normal at all. And other people (like him) do not have as much and so he loses less than I do. That might also explain why I am crazy happy on m (I know it helps make you happy and all but everyone is impressed at my happiness and lovey-ness)

its probably because the pills were cut with meth or something else. clean pills make you have no comedown, unless your abusing.

It's a major misconception that pure MDMA is a fabulous come-down free drug, and that it's the result stimulating contaminates that causes comedowns. MDMA is uniquely serotonin depleting, which can lead to all sorts of uniquely disturbing after effects.

Some people seem to handle post- MDMA use recovery better than others, perhaps because of sleep, diet, genetics, spacing of use etc.

Certainly, methamphetamine and piperazine have far worse come-downs (IME), but MDMA can really do you in afterwards too. It's important to respect it. I find piracetam beforehand and 5-htp afterwards helps a lot.

I Remeber the last time i rolled about 7 hours later i felt like a zombie my pupiles were still dilated i had like green and back circles around my eyes and i felt cracked out

its probably because the pills were cut with meth or something else. clean pills make you have no comedown, unless your abusing.

Good point - I know that sometimes my pills are cut with meth. Not all the time but probably often enough. So that's really just a meth comedown then?

Good point - I know that sometimes my pills are cut with meth. Not all the time but probably often enough. So that's really just a meth comedown then?

yea. my pills back in the day usually had a little meth in them, but i prefer that.

Bull shit.

Truth for me.

I Remeber the last time i rolled about 7 hours later i felt like a zombie my pupiles were still dilated i had like green and back circles around my eyes and i felt cracked out

Sounds like pipes or methy pills.

With clean pills, I get no comedown. I feel a little physically tired sometimes (mostly if I've been active while rolling..) but don't feel bad, and often feel a little bit more happy than I would be.
All that is true unless I have a tolerance... tolerance makes a huge difference. A few weekends in a row rolling will make many of us who normally have no comedown start to feel shitty/depressed afterwards.

The biggest reason for the comedown people complain of is pipes and meth IMO. People call any colorful street pill "ecstasy" and bitch about their comedowns from huge meth bombs or red saints...

So 1) They're actually eating meth bombs or pipes, 2) They have a decent tolerance, 3) They're not-too-healthy people(this WILL make you crash worse in most cases), 4) They take way too many in one day, or 5) SMOKING/DRINKING WITH YOUR ROLL. I think people don't realize that if they didn't do this they wouldn't crash out so bad.

And maby some people with no tolerance get a comedown from 2 or 3 good clean pills.... but I bet they're not the most healthy people to start out.

EDIT- lets not forget the people who drank way too often(or used any drug that uses serotonin much), they should expect a worse comedown.

Last edited:

Oh forgot to say

My first question would pertain to your diet. Do you eat a lot of fast food?

do you guys get one off just MDMA? normally my comedown is it just usually wears off, then i'm tired. the next day i'm usually feeling just fine, maybe tired if i didn't sleep much. why do i hear so much about people having terrible comedowns/hangovers? i normally take 3-5 pokeballs too, so i'm not dosing low.

It's mainly (not always) the people who have abused at some point that report a hangover.
A lot of it is just the individual's experience with the drug. Some people can take a handful of pills and feel great the next day (I'd like to know their secret) and then there are others who take one pill and then have the worst week of their lives.

I usually feel pretty good on the next day. I sometimes get moody about two days after dropping MDMA. Depends on the frequency and amounts of MDMA involved.

i took mdma for the first time about 4 days ago had the worst experience of a comedown ever feel terrible now still and its the fourth day im really anxious and feel spaced out and am a little worried if i dont improve by friday im going to have to go to the doctors i just want this shit to go away the roll was amazing and never felt anything like it however the comedown i have had has put me off for life and will never be taking it again

Does anyone know or has anyone had a long lasting comedown please message me thankyou

any help would be much appreciated

It's mainly (not always) the people who have abused at some point that report a hangover.
A lot of it is just the individual's experience with the drug. Some people can take a handful of pills and feel great the next day (I'd like to know their secret) and then there are others who take one pill and then have the worst week of their lives.

It's about what you eat man. So many people these days don't even realize what they're putting in their bodies when they roll through McDonalds or pound a Coca Cola. Also exercise too (although imo it's 80% diet, 20% exercise) I walk everyday around my neighborhood or the beach or wherever and that's plenty.

It really doesn't get much simpler than the fact that you are what you eat, and if you're on a regular diet of trans/saturated fat, tons of sodium, HFCS, preservatives, artificial colors/flavors like must of the rest of America and the world, then how can you possibly expect to feel good on even a day to day basis much less after abusing a drug of such high intensity..

I just want people to be healthy. When I'm a shamanistic nutritionist in 20 years you guys will listen to me! =D

I think the other main factors that go into a hangover are staying hydrated, redosing properly (initial dose followed by 1/2 that amount 45 mins-1hr later) & antioxidants. Before I'm gonna do drugs I go to the vitamin shoppe and pick up this $20 bottle of juice called ORAC Super 7. It's pricey, but I can't argue with how great I feel. I get a lot of shit for my girlfriend for the money I spend sometimes on vitamins & organic food & whatnot, but to me it's worth it for the quality of life.