Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

water + mdma??

m00bY

Bluelighter
hey ppls
i'm really new to the whole ecstacy + rave scene so i dunno really what i'm talkin bout, and i've been hearing different things bout drinkin water when popping..
some friends have told me to drinks lots, others have said only drink small amounts in sips cos otherwise the mdma is dissolved and it stops working and others have told me that drinking lots of water is bad an can cause you to OD and to drink alcahol...
i've got pretty much nfi on the subject so if someone can clarrify this for me it would be greatly appreciated.
thx =)

Its very weird seeing people asking questions like this nowadays, at least they are open minded...
discussing water in the scene seems very simple.
Its not like anyone skulls down 3 bottles in 10 minutes,
You just need to drink when you have to.
ie: when your mouth gets dry - wet it.
If your thirsty, drink a bit.
Dont have a panic attack staring at your water bottle.
Try reading up on
http://www.dancesafe.org/slideshow/
and have a read through:
http://www.erowid.org/index.shtml
Greenlighter, there is a world of information out there, if u have the patience and "want" to know, then You will find everything you are after, and want to know...
a little hint:
DONT beleive anyone who trys to sell you stuff saying its "pure" :p

you mentioned alcohol as well.
there is nothing wrong with having alcohol and MDMA at the same time, just be moderate with each. Remember that alcohol dehydrates you, so if you have had a few drinks be sure to drink water normally, otherwise you will get a double hangover, one from the dehydration of the alcohol, and the other from the MDMA.

That first link posted by Aisha's Star is actually really shitty - there's no explanation in there of why water intake is an issue on MDMA (please don't take that personally :) )
It is possible to drink too much water on MDMA, and this can have serious consequences. This FAQ should explain why water intake is an issue on MDMA, and how to manage your intake safely. See Ecstasy and hyponatremia / water intoxication. If the FAQ seems a bit technical, feel free to ask more questions. :)
[ 09 September 2002: Message edited by: babydoc_vic ]