Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

A little meth experiment.

Airwalk

Bluelighter
OK many times in this forum there has been a debate ammount the shelf life of meth. I heard everything from 4-8 weeks dependant on storage. The reason I decided to conduct this was that at some stage somewhere in the chain of supply someone is probably going to have to store it for a long period.
Well I decided to run a little experiment by putting some aside and leaving it in a cool dry dark place in nothing more than the baggy it came in.
(NOTE: I'm not someone who uses very often so my tolerance is low)
Any way moving on I decided tp consume the subtance 15 weeks after I first obtained it. Well the upshot was that this was as strong as the sample I got the first time.
(NOTE: Subtance also used in same environment for consistancy)
So my argument is Meth as unstable as we have made out or is by using some simple storage methods you can dramatically increase the life.

The expirey dates on pseudoephedrine pills is around 2 years and this date is always well short of the time needed for any of the drug to degrade. It's reasonable to assume that meth would be atleast as stable as pseudoephedrine, probably more so due to the deletion of a functional group from the pseudoephedrine.
A shelf-life of 4-8 weeks is a joke, think about how long it would take for a speed pill to get from europe to Aus and then be distributed right down to the street...there are always speed pills around that have still got plenty of kick in them.

Right u are chupa chopped; a stupid urban myth if i ever heard one.
It probably came from the fact that speed is not packaged in a pill like the "extremely-stable" MDMA and the sample can contain left over solvents (e.g: toluene) which may play havoc with the plastic baggy if left for many months.
Or it may be that meth-HCl is capable of absorbing moisture from the air over time; nothing happens to the meth in this case - its just as effective, only some of its dissolved, and it has not been destroyed or vaporised only made invisible! :p

How many speed pills are imported from europe?
But yeh dexis and ritos have a shelf life of about 2 years so i dont see why meth shouldn't, but yet i see many dealers keeping there speed in the freezer.

While i agree that methamphetamine has a longer shelf life than the ridiculous 4-8 weeks, keeping it cold is still essential as if the room temp gets above a certain level when you go to snort your lou, where once there should have been lovely smashed glass looking crystals, only a pile of methy snot remains (which is hard to snort or even scrape for ingestion)

What works best for me is to tape the opening of a zippy, then put it in another and do the same. Then I put it in yet another and chuck is the freezer. While I must agree it does last for a long time it does SEEM better fresher. It could just all be in the mind

I've found wrapping it in foil then putting it in a baggy is the best way to keep it from becoming moist and gooey during storage.

Here's a great way to keep powder drugs dry:
Put some epsom salts (that have been dried in a oven at 200C for an hour) in the bottom of a small tupperware container. Put your drugs in a clippy on top and put a lid on the container. Now put this in a fridge/freezer. They will now stay totally dry.
Eckythump Commented:
How many
speed pills are imported from europe?
Several speed bombs that circulate Australia have also been seen in the Asian and Eurpoean pillreports and you can bet we weren't the ones exporting them. Don't think all imported pills are strong MDMA pills and all Aus made pills are "crappy locals".
Examples of good locally made (well atleast pressed pills) would be:
The green MTV's, blue barrels/domes and the fat green fish that are still around at the moment.

I'm guessing that foriegn speed bombs with the same press as local ones may very well be to do with circulation of pressing plates & ideas as opposed to actual pills.
This is mere opinion but really who the fuck would go to the bother of the severe risks involved in importing/exporting for petty speed bombs when speed would generally be readily available locally?

I always hate it when people start talking about their opinions about imports on bluelight. I hate it because people either don't know what the hell they're talking about and make guesses and state them as facts, or they do know what they're talking about, in which case they shouldn't advertise their knowledge on a public board unless they want the cops over to their place to clarify the post in person...
Which basically means that Eckythump's question can't be answered here.
Please carry on with the topic of the shelf life of speed and how to preserve it though - just stay away from the import discussion... :)

Hehe. My guess is that the 4-8 week thing is just an excuse for all you messay ravers to use so you can stuff it all up yer nose in one go.
"...but dude, if we don't finish this 8ball today... it'll go off!"

Interesting work guys. In reply to keeping speed in the freezer. I have seen dealers store their kitty in freezers and they say it is to keep it good. They say this for several reasons. 1. By saying that it sounds like their gear is very good and you have to take it soon so as to not let it deteriorate.
2. Some times you get gear that looks the same but is hell weaker than the last lot. Obviously its been cut( That is if its from the same batch) and in a few circumstances that come to mind i remember that this particular peach coloured powder was damp and was strong but if you got it dry it was weak as. I suspect it was because the person above had jumped on it somewhat.
3. If you gobble down a g or summin in a week thinking that you have to or it will go off you will be buying more from that dealer next week.
Hope that is of assistance

LOL@ MonA
so is there an actual outcome on the shelf life of MetH?
can it really last for 2-3 years?
and if u do hold it in a freezer will it keep longer?
okies people that should keep ya busy,
thanks for any replies :)
~SubJ*

Sigma Aldrich lists the shelf life of d-meth as 2 years. But I see no reason why PURE meth would not last much longer if kept in a cool dry place in a dark jar.
I know of a guy who purchased 6 MDMA tablets in 1989. As far as I know he still has 1 left!! The last one he took (again that I'm aware of) was ~2 years ago, and he described the effects as being just the same. He keeps things very dry with heat treated silica gel in a dry hermetically sealed container stored in the ground.
As street meth is unlikely to be pure, keeping it the freezer could only help providing it's sealed up well. As quality varies so much it is doubtful that any universal time could be set on this, but even rubbish will probably last quite a while.
The real question should be why would you want to keep it that long? Meth is the most easily obtainable drug next to mull in Australia. One has to decide whether it is really in the interests of harm minimisation to have it around that long.