Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

uk blulighter just looking...

expo1

Bluelighter
awright,
i just looked at the auz/NZ/etc area of pill reports and was absolutly astounded at the amount of reports on there. u certainly do bash them eh?!?
the uk section doesnt have nearly as much reports as you do. i think your part of the site works as an information medium very well. as i was looking through it durex/safe sex seem to be a very popular pill and hav obviously flooded the country. having the amount of posts on their obviously lets theviewer make a very informed opinion. in the uk if u have to rely on one, two or at best three reports to be able to make an opinion.
yeah so anyway enough babbeling!
looks like u have a much more healthier pill siuation over there!
see ya
ex.1

No, there are probably thousands more pills used every weekend in the UK than there are in Australia. Pill reports is not an accurate way of measuring actual usage. I think, from what I have heard anecdotally, we are just a lot more likely to use pillreports than you guys. This is for 2 reasons IMHO. Firstly, there are less pills and they are more expensive, so people want to get info before they buy them. Second, we seem to be a bit more careful about the way we use, such as testing and so on. Therefore, I think Australians are more likely to report this info too. That's just my 2cents though. :)

Better quality pills in the UK.
Less liklihood of not getting MDxx, therefore less need to use such pillreports.
Also pills are cheaper, so if you get a dud, big deal, you just buy another one (not totally sensible, especially if one was PMA, but the chances of that are pretty low). Here (at least NZ) you are paying such a lot for each pill that you want to ensure its a good one.

Personally I think the use of testers has gone up alot over the past couple years which has brought the quality of pills up to a higher standard. yes, people are paying alot more for pills than in the UK so they want the good stuff, and the fact is not as many dodgie makers can sell their shit pills (due to testers and word of mouth) so there aren't as many around. I don't see or hear of many duds pills going around anymore, not like there use to be. The main thing is alot more people are using testers which is a big step :)

Is that really true motoman? I've often wondered. Have pill qualities gotten better? Or have my contacts?

Anfa - in my experience it isn't really the case, although i find it funny that trying to find k bombs can be really difficult nowadays.
The people who always got the best pills that tested black, still do.
The people who could get their hands on k-bombs and speed pills, still can.
Although, if you've been in the habit of taking pills, or selling pills for a couple of years now, you would hope that you now get consistently better pills and prices than when you first started out.
EDIT - as for the UK/Aust thing, the main reasons i've heard are pretty much stated above. The lower cost and large variety of pills leads people to believe they are "safer" and that pills in the uk, if they are weak mdma or don't work, you just spend another couple of pounds and take one that does. It's not like you are going to report it on the net. Whereas in Aust, we pay over 3 times what UK does per pill, and there can be very well done fake/dangerous pills.
Also, just from searching websites on drug use, etc, it doesn't seem like there are many UK people who are to be found on websites about HM. Aust for its relative scene "size" has pretty good representation in this regard, and that has to be linked to the amount of information and reports on PRs.
[ 10 September 2002: Message edited by: SupaspeeD ]

I think one of the reasons that Australians might be better represented in HM sites is that Australia has been a world leader in harm minimisation since the start of the HIV crisis, resulting in HIV being far more contained than in other countries.
The lessons learnt about harm minimisation have been extended in the public health system in Australia to drug health services, where harm minimisation is central. Thus we have needle exchanges, methadone services and so forth, which isn't the case universally at all.
Although there is always a long way to go, I think a lot of messages about harm minimisation are now in the Australian public consciousness and therefore translate well to the party drug scene.
And Australian Bluelighters are part of the Australian public of course!