• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids naloxone from hospitals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinablues

Greenlighter
i am wondering if hospitals stock naloxone for prevention of opiate overdose from recreational use. it seems they would stock naloxone in case of a bad reaction or something since they often give opiates to patients in the hospital but would they be willing to give it to a person experiencing opiate overdose from using recreationally?

ie: say a friend of mine begins to show signs of opiate overdose. if i bring him to the local hospital will they accept him as a patient and treat him accordingly? i hope they would since their job is to save lives but it seems they might neglect this sort of patient.

this question came up because i was just looking on Harm Reduction Coalition's website and the nearest place listed with naloxone available is about 4 hours away...

Attachments

• 23.gif
    23.gif
    148 bytes · Views: 119
  • 24.gif
    24.gif
    134 bytes · Views: 119
  • 19.gif
    19.gif
    79 bytes · Views: 115
Every hospital and ambulance has naloxone, it's absolutely standard everywhere. That harm reduction coalition site likely lists locations that will give out naloxone for people to take home and have on hand.

I assure you, any hospital/ambulance you call or visit will be able to administer naloxone to treat opioid overdose.

Since this was a pretty straightforward question and answer, I'm going to go ahead and close this. PM me if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.