• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin, smoke or snort?

I've been interested in this for quite a while, as I've never snorted before. I'd like a bit more information than "which is better" though. For example, which is more dangerous? What is the (approximate) difference in dosage (just ratios are fine, I don't want anyone suggesting dose amounts on this site)? What are the different effects? Plus anything else you can add :)
Let's see if we get any decent responses on this...

Agreed, excelent question - and one that's not touched on very often here too...
But please everyone, do not turn this into a "heroin is evil" debate. Keep it objective or your post will be deleted. :)
/me looks forward to the responses...

Smoking will result in (as with smoking anything) considerable damage to your lungs, shorter duration (about 3-4 hours), relatively hasty onset (say 20 seconds) and the possiblity of smoking nasties which aren't heroin, but have been blended in to make it look like you've been sold more. As for doses, I'm not making any comments past the following as street heroin is rarely pure and tolerances vary wildly from person to person. It is fair to say that you will need to smoke a small amount more than you IV.
Snorting isn't very common to my knowledge, so I've got very little to say on it...
anfalicious, I'm told smoking is the more dangerous method of administration.
All this information came to me by (experienced) words of mouth. Take it with a grain of salt.
I'm off for a while - back in a week or two.
:)
[ 01 September 2002: Message edited by: apollo ]

Smoking it really damages your lungs as opposed with other drugs.
I've only snorted it twice, and didn't again because it sucked in comparison with smoking it. However, I've never been a fan of snorting. There's a tendency to feel a bit nauseous when snorting H and IMO it doesn't last as long. It'll hit you a bit quicker if you smoke it as well, which is why I liked it too much.
H fucked me up quickly, so be careful with it.
Can someone, who's more experienced with H, back me up in saying it's fucking hard to moderate your use of it?

^ I'm not experienced with heroin, but I imagine nobody starts out to be a heroin addict. The fact that many people end up that way must say something for how compelling and habit forming it is as a recreational substance.
BigTrancer :)

^^^
Yes, the feeling is very compelling.
Furthermore, the only people I know and have known who use H regularly are just 'shells'. Both smokers and smackers, there are no boundaries to the crimes they will commit to feed their habit.

hey
the guy who told you that you need a little more to smoke than IV is wrong . you need waaaay more to smoke than to iv . the middle way is to snort. it much more economical. you snort about the double or three time the size that you would otherwise IV.
so snorting is better than smoking. Just dont go and snort too much cause it takes bout 5-10 mins for the feeling to settle in . and blow your nose first ;) !
have fun

I prefer smoking to snorting becasue snorking leaves a realy bitter tast in ya throut afterwards

Placid: Is that smoking off a foil or out of a crackpipe? You'd need to use a whole lot more off a foil cos you waste so much.

Is it safe (well not safe, but you know what I mean) to snort any heroin. Or are there different types better for IV'ing or smoking....??
cheers
=)

One problem with snorting is that there is a tendancy for the powder to drip off your sinuses, and since the drug is not orally active, you end up wasting what you swallow. I cant really speak about ratios or doses as i have only ever IV'd heroin. I know you know already, but BE CAREFUL. I have seen it ruin too many lives, and have had to stop taking it. It was EXTREMELY hard to quit, even though my habit was almost non-existant compared to my friends.

Originally posted by anfalicious:
Placid: Is that smoking off a foil or out of a crackpipe? You'd need to use a whole lot more off a foil cos you waste so much.
i didnt know that the pipe is so much better. if i smoked it i only did it out of a glass shard or foil.
i still prefer snorting to smoking. and like someone above me said , dont do big fat lines so u get a major drip cause ure wasting it. tilt your head a bit back maybe or something so it doesnt immediately go down your throat .. snort a little water (off a finger) ...

Snorting is quite possible but very few people snort heroin and I have heard several stories of bad reactions to snorting such as the nausea mentioned above. However, nausea is a common reaction to any opiate use, particularly in first-time users.
You only need more when smoking heroin because so much disappears into thin air so to speak. If you could inhale all the smoke you wouldn't necessarily need more for the same effect. Smoking is particularly popular among Vietnamese users for cultural reasons, but of course by no means restricted to them.
Unfortunately tolerance develops particularly quickly with heroin and in practice many smokers graduate to injecting to get more bang for their buck.
As far as swallowing heroin is concerned, I don't think it's quite accurate to say that it won't work at all. My understanding is that you will achieve some effect, but only a little.
I have seen statistics quoted of one in four people who ever try heroin developing a habit. I can't vouch for the accuracy of these figures but it's totally safe to say far more people who ever try heroin will develop a habit than with any other drug.
To put this in context, imagine if one in four people who ever have a drink were to become alcoholics - or even one in 10. Scary. Clearly the proportion of drinkers who develop problems is far smaller. (But there are more problem drinkers than people with heroin problems because far more people drink than ever try heroin.)
I know many, many heroin users and not one ever set out with the intention of acquiring a habit - every one believed he or she would be able to use recreationally and stay in control.
Of course getting a habit is only one problem. Overdose and death are far more permanent problems and unfortunately they are very real risks of using heroin.
Look after yourselves.
[ 05 September 2002: Message edited by: D&AWg ]