European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Manchester

ageingpartyfiend

Bluelighter
Am a frequent visitor to Manchester....wondering if anyone knows if there's much of a party scene thesedays in't city?

My & the Mrs likes our free parties, reggae, dnb, allsorts really....also the odd dark n sleazy stylee night out;)...used to enjoy the hulme crescent
parties in the late 80's...

any info, news n views or whatevers appreciated

theres still alot of free parties in manchester not really my sort of thing but they do go on most weekend, alot of them are out in the woods etc so expect anywhere in the Manchester radius

if your on facebook just the "GASHcollective" page for info on free parties and get on there list so you can access the number line when they do host some parties, also join the "Daylight-Robbery Manchester Page", another good free party host

take a look at this

http://gashcollective.com/home.htm

Follow the advice above.

I'm an indie kid, so my party scene usually involves cardigans, cupcakes and pretentious bastards, but I've been to GASH events and they've been absolutely sound.

FB advertised free parties can be a bit dodge.

GASHcollective advertise the numbers openly on Myspace and facebook. I don't rate them at all.

Free parties i've been to by them ALWAYS end up with police turning up, not to mention gangs with knifes, someone I know got mugged at knife point.

Last one I went to had a full dog section turn up, it wasn't pretty. Was funny seeing the police seize the rig though, and try to wheel it away. We left before it got messy.

Yep, police presence is always a problem. As are gangstas in this city, unfortunately.

Though I managed to score proper MDMA at a GASH party cheaply during the peak of the drought. For that they get full marks.

Dodgy people is one of the reason I stopped going to free parties, can't have a fun night out if I'm constantly paranoid about somebody sticking a blade in my back.

Dodgy people is one of the reason I stopped going to free parties.

klingon.jpg

Dodgy people is one of the reason I stopped going to free parties, can't have a fun night out if I'm constantly paranoid about somebody sticking a blade in my back.

I think it's city dependent. Manchester is pretty heavy for gangs and knife crime, my friend hates going to free parties in London as she's had some trouble at some and said some of them can be sketchy.

Bristol is grand for free parties. There probably has been trouble at some obvioulsy, but not the one's i've been to.

Music normally plays a big part, I don't think i'd ever be up for going to a DnB free party in London or Manchester. Large quantities of dodgy fuckers about.

I've been considering going to a GASH party but the crowd they attract is a little off-putting, quite a lot of sketchy characters at the pirate picnic a while ago.

I think it's city dependent. Manchester is pretty heavy for gangs and knife crime, my friend hates going to free parties in London as she's had some trouble at some and said some of them can be sketchy.

Bristol is grand for free parties. There probably has been trouble at some obvioulsy, but not the one's i've been to.

Yeah I was talking about East London, quite a few shady fellows indeed.

Heard great things about Bristol, should visit at some point.

Ok, you guys are seriously putting me off free parties in manchester...

Area dependent? Well yeah, gotta be really. Have had great times at Bristol and Cardiff parties, but have defo felt uneasy at London do's in the past. The very best vibes at parties were here in mid wales until 6 or 7 years ago when they kinda petered out somewhat (we do still have smaller ones like)

So....owt else to get up to / places to go for the discerning (enjoys being alive/uninjured) and slightly more mature partyhead in Manchester?

Music normally plays a big part, I don't think i'd ever be up for going to a DnB free party in London or Manchester. Large quantities of dodgy fuckers about.

I've been considering going to a GASH party but the crowd they attract is a little off-putting, quite a lot of sketchy characters at the pirate picnic a while ago.

Which Pirate Picnic? The one summer 2009? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCv_eQSVok&feature=related
Police in full riot gear!

That was the one with the full dog section arriving. Advertised it openly on myspace bulletins and had it in a public park, what did they expect! It was fun, for a while. Having to go piss in bushes RIGHT next to a main road cos the near by pubs refused to let us in got a bit tiresome though.

Gash are actually GASH!

The party they had in the world war two bunker was DANGEROUS as fuck too! A girl asked me did I have a lighter as her's wasn't working, I said 'It's not working love as there's not enough oxygen in here!' To be fair, it was a good party for a while , but FULL of sketchy people, including knife wielding gangs who mugged someone I was with.

There are other free party crews around the north west. I can't remember the name of one of them, something like mad hatters, they're from Preston. Aye I was right...

http://www.myspace.com/prestonmadhatters

Last edited:
Nah, Manchester's just sketchy, even on the squat party scene. Trust me.

Just out of pedantry and civic pride... Salford is a separate and very different city, okay? I hate the place, but there's some lovely neglected architecture.

Aye, Salford is it's own city.

I'd actually move back to Manchester, one of my good mates still lives there, i've forgotten which part she lives in , but it's one of the nicer areas. I'm gonna go visit her soon, be nice to see the city again.