Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Choosing ignorance...

cuddlefish

Bluelighter
Mods: if this is in the wrong forum - sorry! Please just move it...
OK, recently I've let slip to some of my more conservative uni friends that I occassionally take E, and to my utter astonishment, many of them have expressed interest and a couple have even dropped. The thing is, I try to get them to come on to Bluelight and Erowid etc. and read up on everything before they drop and ask them if they'd like to see their pill tested and they choose not to. I'm talking people with science/IT degrees and postgraduate qualifications. The kind of people who are generally a little conservative and law abiding. I'm really flattered that they have so much trust/faith in me, but you'd think that they'd be a little more cautious about ingesting an illicit substance that they have no idea where it came from. How can such intelligent people choose to remain ignorant about somehting for which the dangers are so (over)publicised? What gives?

IMO it's one of the biggest problems with pills. People read in the media that pills will kill them etc. then they take one, have the time of their life and think that all pills are safe.
It's astonishing to see the amount of people who will gladly drop an untested pill bought from someone in a club, but will gasp in horror when you bring out a powder that's been bought off a trusted source and tested with 2 reagents...

Because humans in general are lazy. They would rather form their opinions based on what other people who lived to tell the tale say and later, on their own experiences, rather than take 5 minutes of their own lives to do some research on what they perceive as a recreational activity. How many of us actually do use drugs for reasons other than feeding an addiction, be it physical or psychological, or purely for recreational purposes?
Another reason is that some people see doing such research as getting too deeply involved into the "scene" and despite the obvious hypocrisy, they feel better if they were not associated with it.
My advise is, keep telling these people about the drugs their taking. Little tit-bits of information every now and then dropped into the conversation whenever the topic arises. No one really listens when you go on and on like a boring lecturer. I know this because no one listens to me! :p Sooner or later, their interest will be piqued enough and they will either check out such information themselves or they will do it anyway to get you off their back. ;)
As for testing, same thing, keep insisting on testing their pills for them to see. If need be, procure a non-MDxx pill to show them the difference. Of course this will take some additional effort on your part and possibly some extra funds burnt. So the question is, do you care enough for these people and for the misrepresentation of such drugs? Or are you more concerened with your own time and money?

^ Wicked post syke! I enjoyed reading that, some very good messages there.
BigTrancer :)

Thanks guys I might just make up a couple of testers for them for their birthdays.