Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Trick for maximising MDMA absorption?

stoo

Bluelighter
Recently came across this advice on another message board for increasing the effects of MDMA. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Anyone tried it?
"Take a urinary alkaliniser (eg. Ural, Citravescent, etc.) - ask your pharmacist for more info.
Take 3-4 sachets in a glass of water 30 minutes before ingesting your pills. Then take another 3-4 sachets 3 hours later. This will reduce the rate at which your kidneys will excrete the amphetamine type drug (eg. MDMA, etc.). "

Works for me (just got another packet of Urals this week too!). I usually only use 2 packets though - no need to overdo it...
Very good thread in the archive here with all the info you could want.
by babydoc_vic
Yes, theoretically excretion of amphetamines will be slowed by taken Ural via decreased kidney clearance of the amphetamines and increasing their reabsorption by the renal tubules (according to Drug-Reax). Ural is an Australian brand name, so people elsewhere would have to look for a local equivalent. It contains :Sodium bicarbonate 1.76 g, sodium citrate (anhyd.) 0.63 g, citric acid (anhyd.) 0.72 g, tartaric acid
djremix: even if you plug a pill, it is still metabolised by your liver and excreted in the urine. So, AFAIK Ural would still have an effect.
Is it dangerous? The Ural itself isn't, but if you aren't careful you could accidentally OD on the speed or e, so I would suggest people start low and go slow with the dosing. Don't start with three pills and three urals for example. If you do it, tell you friends, so that if you get into trouble and need medical attention, they will know to give you urinary acidifying agents. Also, keep in mind that the longer you're rolling, the more neurotoxic damage you may be doing and the more serotonin you will be depleting, so i think the anti-oxidant pre- and post-loads would be even more important in this situation.
from another post
People I can't stress this enough: if you try this, follow the dose instructions on the pack. DO NOT EXCEED THE RECOMMENDED DOSE OF SODIUM BICARBONATE. To do so may cause metabloic alkalosis, a medical emergency. And please heed the warnings in my last post. Remember that neurotoxicity research has been conducted on MDMA in the absence of sodium bicarbonate. And I think it is safe to assume that the longer you are rolling, the more neurotoxic it will be. I can't endorse doing this, as it's kind of counter-harm-reduction, but I know people will try it, and feel you should know the risks involved.
:)
[ 30 August 2002: Message edited by: trog ]

Thanks for the link, trog.
Just got a couple of other questions. Is Ural readily available in most NSW pharmacies? Is it freely sold? How much does a packet cost?
Does it really extend the duration by 50% The responses in that post of those who had tried it were not hugely positive.
[ 30 August 2002: Message edited by: stoo ]

must get some Urals! How much im in melbourne, and are you sure you dont need a persciption? And also what do i say? I got a kidney infection and i was wondeirng if ou sell Urals? heeheheh
thanks

They're available on the shelves of most (all?) pharmacies. Mine cost $8.69 for 28 4g packets (roughly 30c each).
stoo, I don't think that they extend it by 50% but I do find a difference (yup, I've done experiments ;) ). Especially as I usually only do 1 -1.5 pills I'd rather get a small increase from this rather than end up popping more - and at only a couple of $ per night for the Urals, even if it's only a 5-10% improvement it seems cost-effective to me ;)

Just one more thing. What dosage do you find works best for you?
I am around 100kg and wondering how many sachets to take.

I follow the dose instructions on the packet (1-2 sachets up to 4 times a day) and take no more than 2 at a time. If it works, great, if not it's not going to do any harm to the roll - why make it riskier for minimal gain? (rhetorical question!! see the points in babydoc's quote)

Is messing with the way your internal organs function to get higher really worth it?
I mean sure, you can bang your head into your computer screen, and it'll make you feel funny, but it hurts my internal organs - isn't the drugs i'm on to have done that doing enough possible damage already?
Especially for just 5-10% (how you could determine this increase as well is beyond me too).
Your kidneys are something you need for the rest of your life.. and the amount of drugs and nasties you'll have travel through them in your lifetime, it may be worth looking after the little fellas.

An alternative way to get more from your pills is to investigate other methods of ingestion - ie. snorting, or plugging. Both these methods attempt to circumvent the removal of 40-60% of the MDMA on the first pass through the liver, as occurs with oral ingestion.
Both these methods have been covered extensively on this forum and others at Bluelight - there is even a FAQ in the FAQ Forum, where you could begin your search for information.
BigTrancer :)

Do you have to specifically use a urinary alkaliser, or will any antacid do, eg Mylanta?
Years ago I was told that creating a more alkaline medium in your stomach by eating an anatacid would increase the length of your roll and creating a more acidic medium eg by swallowing orange juice would bring you down. The same story has been applied to tripping - but I've also sometimes seen this theory debunked. I'm really not sure what the truth is.

what is it exactly called at the pharmicist? Ural Alkaliniser? Also on the other thread it states it doesnt work for MDMA?

D&AWg: according to the MIMS, taking a gastrointestinal alkalinsing agent like sodium bicarbonate "may increase absorption of amphetamine and dexamphetamine. Gastrointestinal acidifying agents like ascorbic acid may reduce absorption of amphetamine and dexamphetamine." What this means for MDMA is not entirely clear, but I can't see how it would effect LSD.
payaya: you just ask for Ural, which is used for people with urinary tract infections.

as i understand it, the acidifying stuff is to acidify your urine. This doesnt increase your absorbtion, it just decreases the speed at which the amphetamine is removed from your system. A good way of increasing your peak is to drink grapefruit juice. This helps slow down the action of the enzyme in your liver that breaks down MDMA. I belive ocean spray make a grapefruit juice. I will look for a link to the report that i read on this but i cant remember it off the top of my head.
I think though, that there was a link posted in a comment by someone in ecstasy discussion, but it was a damn long time ago. It may not be there anymore.
I really appologise for this being so damn vague as well guys, but the memory is going in my old age.....
vK
[ 01 September 2002: Message edited by: voodookid ]

Haven't tried it myself yet but recently on the ninemsn website they had a report which said that the consuption of grapefruit juice before medication and other drugs increases the absorbstion of the drug therefor increasing its dose. Again havent done it myself but figured its got to be worth a try.???

ok, what Ural is, is they're for UTI's which is urinary tract infections. You take this stuff and it makes you pee and gets rid of the burning sensations "down there". Prices vary, i think the cheapest i like $5 for a box of 20 or something like that. They're in a green box which you can get at any chemist. If you can't find it just ask the chemist for some Ural cos you've got UTI. Don't know about the effects of it when rollin. Never really tried it.

Jesus Christ, reading this thread is like suffering from deja vu...
Thankyou to the contributors who keep answering the questions.
No thanks to the people who keep asking the same questions without reading the whole thread including all the replies first.
Jesus Christ, reading this thread is like suffering from deja vu...
BigTrancer.