• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

source of oxytocin

asecin

Bluelighter
i found a natural source of this hormone from Osha, a plant that is found mostly in mexico. the info i gathered was from not a good source and i couldnt find further info. any of you smart asses know if Osha is actually a good source of natural oxytocin, and if so how much do you have to consume to get a reliable bio availability ?? :\

so far i only know of this natural source:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8941865

but who will consume this lol
i rly need to find out if Osha contains some traces...
if you guys cant find info on the internets perhaps with your education in chemistry you can try to check yourself for any traces ? could be superb !

Oxytocin will be hit hard by peptidases in the stomach, etc. (hence why it's only used as a nasal spray) and extracting peptides from plants is just not viable. I have a feeling that that paper you cited doesn't involve oral ingestion.

Sorry dude.

maybe you got it wrong then. its a known fact mammals will eat their placenta after childbirth so they get "intoxicated" of sorts. so it must be a fact oxytocin works by oral ingestion.
also article i provided says 1 g of dried sheep placenta, how else will anyone ingest this quantity if not orally ?

Apply directly to the, uh, affected area, I'd imagine. Or injection/infusion of some kind. I'll look that paper up next time I get a chance.

I still think the proteases and acid in your gut would really do a number on oxytocin. Remember the placenta contains a vast array of chemicals and not just oxytocin.

Oxytocin's half life in the blood is apparently 3 to 6 minutes by injection. This doesn't bode well for metabolic stability.

So because most mammals eat their placenta and get intoxicated it must be because of oxytocin? There is some serious flaw in your logic, and I really doubt most mammals eat their placenta..

Goddamn I'm hungry..

I'm pretty sure it's actually a pretty regular occurrence in nature. That doesn't mean all (I don't know what proportion of mammals do) species of mammals do, but I'm fairly sure it is consistently observable at least. That's what I remember reading in an evolution class I took my freshmen year in college, I think but I could be dead wrong - my memory has been known to fail. :p

I was thinking that the way to go with oxytocin is to buy the pure chemical and try rectal administration. I am out of money... But I have a reliable source (this is what appears to be, anyway) in Canada that sells oxytocin in grams.

I am really interested for the effects on this one...

I was always under the impression animals eat the placenta because its nutritious and when you've just given birth to a litter you need all the food you can get.

That was the impression I was under too. I just wanted to point out that it wasn't true that mammals didn't do this regularly.

guys, i dont think you understood my topic. i was trying to find out natural source of oxytocin BUT if oxytocin is possibly (not yet proven in this topic to be so) unavailable orally, then i guess its a waste of time.
BUT there must be a way to encourage natural hormone like this to happen indirectly if not directly. can you fucking help out here or are we going to discuss if all or just few mamals eat their placenta ? :s

I have aspergers. I've wondered if oxytocin would have dramatic effects on me. I really wish there was a way to try it.

wiki seems to agree with the not orally active suggestion

wiki said:
Oxytocin is destroyed in the gastrointestinal tract, and therefore must be administered by injection or as nasal spray. Oxytocin has a half-life of typically about three minutes in the blood. Oxytocin given intravenously does not enter the brain in significant quantities - it is excluded from the brain by the blood-brain barrier.

You could look into analogues or other oxytocin receptor agonists like WAY-267,464. Or even oxytocin releasers like MDMA. Everybody likes MDMA!

wiki seems to agree with the not orally active suggestion

You could look into analogues or other oxytocin receptor agonists like WAY-267,464. Or even oxytocin releasers like MDMA. Everybody likes MDMA!

not me. whats use stuffing myself with harsh synthetics to experience something that should be natural. ridiculous. i rather find something to induce oxytocin release naturally or find way to make sure oxytocin can by pass blood brain barrier. wiki used to say the same about GABA but combined with other chemicals it seems to go through, so.... one can hope if one gave a shit as to find ways to get that oxytocin shit IN !

If you want natural oxytocin release, what are you doing on a drug forum? Go out and socialize, have fun, make babies etc. Do stimulating activities.

Synthetic drugs were invented for this exact reason: sometimes no natural product fits the bill.

GABA is a little smaller than oxytocin so it may be harder. Thats not to say its is impossible. Just because something is natural doesn't mean its safer. The MDMA suggestion wasn't meant to be serious. Why do you want an orally active oxytocin anyway?

If you want a natural oxytocin high go jack off or feed a baby (not at the same time please). Orgasm and breast feeding releases it IIRC.

Synthetic drugs were invented for this exact reason: sometimes no natural product fits the bill.

Spot on!

If you want natural oxytocin release, what are you doing on a drug forum? Go out and socialize, have fun, make babies etc. Do stimulating activities.

socializing gives me a fucking headache. it seems to work for females tho as they naturally produce more oxytocin than males anyway.

GABA is a little smaller than oxytocin so it may be harder. Thats not to say its is impossible. Just because something is natural doesn't mean its safer. The MDMA suggestion wasn't meant to be serious. Why do you want an orally active oxytocin anyway?

If you want a natural oxytocin high go jack off or feed a baby (not at the same time please). Orgasm and breast feeding releases it IIRC.

Spot on!

i want to get high on hormones wtf is the big deal. jerking off got superbly boring. i dont experience pleasure anymore i just do it cuz it gives me urge at times :(

So because most mammals eat their placenta and get intoxicated it must be because of oxytocin? There is some serious flaw in your logic, and I really doubt most mammals eat their placenta..

Goddamn I'm hungry..

Well, have you ever seen a horse give birth? It's pretty cool that something so big can come out of a living thing, but the eating of the placenta afterwards is even weirder when you're not expecting it.

...My childhood was traumatized :(

I know of an aspie who tried an oxytoxin nasal spray.

She reported it changed her dramatically, temporarily...made her all trusting and open and socially compulsive.

But wasn't who she naturally is, and the sense I got was it creeped her out big time.

WWW.aspiesforfreedom.com

If you want to look up her posts, the username is 'zoey'.
I'm autistic myself, and whilst I might try it once out of curiosity, its definately not something I would want to take regularly. Arfitifially making myself want social interaction, that really would be creepy, whilst it certainly won't make somebody not autistic, I wouldn't like to risk makeing myself inclined towards acting NT, or 'less autistic' even if it wasn't permanent...ewww.