• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Putting all your eggs in the one basket?

wHiTeBoY

Bluelighter
Ok so quick question. Generally, if I am interested in buying some pills, and I have had about 3 people tell me they have great pills they can sell to me (but they all range in their www.pillreports.com score), instead of getting 3 from one person would it be better to get one from each person. This question is not asking which is safer? It is asking which one has a greater chance of me having a good time!
Cheers for the advice!
[Edit: Title altered slightly, following a Topic Report. BigTrancer]
[ 29 August 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Huh? Just buy the best drugs you can get. Why you'd want to buy something that got a lower rating when there's better available from someone else is beyond me.
I really don't understand this question - what do you want us to tell you? You actually stated you're not interested in which is safer, so why are you asking us on bluelight. Getting fucked up is your problem - we don't give out advice about how to do that...
I'll leave this open for the time being incase I've missed your point... so if you'd care to explain what you're getting at again it'd be much appreciated...

you have much to learn young jedi. anyway you can easily decipher which are the better pills on pillreports and which are complete sales pitches, research before you purchase. make sure you reagent test your pills before you buy them, as comments like "This question is not asking which is safer? It is asking which one has a greater chance of me having a good time!" is a little concerning. i guess you want the pill with the most amount of mg of MDMA so ask friends what they have to say about them, use pillreports.com etc also.
btw, i wouldnt have my birthday in a public forum where illicit material is discussed, maybe thats just me..
[ 28 August 2002: Message edited by: Cowboy Mac ]

You've completely lost me on this one....
So you want someone to answer what is the probability of you having a good weekend divided by the number of dealers you know times the square root of your birthday?
Search pillreports and hear what other people’s opinions of different pills are and you can get a rough guide of what’s around in your part of Australia. You source what you can and hopefully you test them before you shell out your cash. If your dealer isn't selling you a bunk pill why should they have a problem with you testing it in front of them? There are dodgy people out there but how can we tell you how reliable each of your contacts are?
Honestly you'd be better off keeping how many contacts you have and your intentions to buy things to yourself, hypothetically or otherwise :)

I would say buy the pill with the highest rating on pill reports and buy them all from the same dealer, because that way you can cut his price down a bit and also be alot safer by having the same pills (I know you didn't want to know about safe side of it, but as being the anniversary of Ian Hards death it's good to just remind you to do things the safe way ;) ). You wont have a good night if you drop a pill that contains DXM (it would test grey then black if it was DXM, but I have been fooled by this once before aswell when I first started, I thought it was MDMA), then you drop a pill that contains alot of MDMA....bang, you could be very very sick.
If you want to make the most of your drop, have 2 or 3 pills in one night of the same kind of pill, you'll get the best effect from it and be safe at the same time. Hope you have a great birthday!
[ 29 August 2002: Message edited by: MOTOMAN ]

That's just about exactly what I was going to reply Motoman - nice one!
Always try to avoid mixing your pills... you don't want to chance taking a bad combination of drugs, and you can never be truly sure what's in each pill. Minimise your dose, and test before buying always.
BigTrancer :)

Just out of interest..
In my experience there has only been 2 or 3 pills going around at any one time that are of interest to me (only the best ones at the time).
I dont purchase often now but when I do -> I do some research before I contact DD's and so tell them what ones I am after... If they dont have them, I move on...
I would never settle for a lower rating pill and even then I still ALWAYS test..
Also, I frequently I come across pills that I am 99% sure will be good but they have not made it onto pill reports yet.. I still always wait until they are on pill reports before I purchase.. I have missed out on some realy good gear this way, but I have also never purchased bunk pills.

If you ALWAYS test.. why the fuck would you wait for pillreports..?
While it's an extremely valuable resource, by putting more faith in the veracity of a website over the reagent test done in front of you defeats the entire purpose of buying a tester. You may as well pour yours down the drain.
Half the pills most people i know get aren't on pillreports either at all, or for a few weeks, or were on a few weeks ago. The drug trade is like that, it's anything but punctual. Southern cities get pills first, different places get different batches, etc, that's the whole point of testers, to bypass that uncertainty, and have something semi-tangible in front of you.
If you've got a tester USE the thing, and RELY on it. Not completely, but i'd trust a black test result over "Yellow McDonalds, fully sik pill, 10/10" on a website written by anyone, on any pill (not necessarily the ones you are getting).
Not hanging shit on pillreports by any means, it fucking rocks but comments like ^ set HR back.

I can't see how always testing and waiting for pillreports is a bad thing. I'd understand the critisism if banana_man hadn't said he always tests, but since he does do that I can only assume that he's being extra cautious, which is a very good thing. :)

Supaspeed,
True, it might sound over cautious but...
1)I know some of the ppl who had those red cKs with morphine in them (as tested by pilltest.com).. I personaly tested them (after the fact) and they only tested(E1) a bit more purple than they should. I could see how a blue dye in the pill may have made them very believable.
2) I dont purchase or consume that often now
3) As we all know, testing will show no real difference between a 5 and a 9 rated pill. I am not interested in 5's
4) Whilst not trying to measure apendages, I have the advantage of seeing very new stuff that will still be there in few days if I wait..
5) Although I no longer post on Pillreports, I have learnt who's names to look for when judging the validity of a report.
If nothing else, I would much rather be safe than sorry. I have seen people who were sorry and it wasnt pretty...
By all meens promote the use of testers, they are a god send to all of us. I'm not sure that bagging someone who goes that extra step ( because they can) is such a good idea tho..
[ 29 August 2002: Message edited by: banana_man ]

This thread is kinda moving into a tester vs. word of mouth thread, perhaps my altered title isn't quite accurately describing the thread topic. If I think of something better I'll change it.
I wanted to add the following comment:
People who wait for a number of reports on www.pillreports.com from 'trusted' names are buying into a peer review system. They wait for someone who 'knows what they're talking about' to put up a road-test on a pill and then they figure they're gonna be ok.
If you always test your pills prior to purchase, then Australian precedent shows that you're most likely to find a decent MDMA pill if you get a purple/black result. There are very rarely (in my experience) pills in Australia which give a purple/black result on Marquis reagent which don't contain at least a moderately decent dose of MDxx-class chemicals. We aren't often beset by pills such as very occasionally turn up in European and American lab test results which contain eg. 1% MDMA, 99% caffeine... where the MDMA is included to throw off a reagent test.
So, testing is more than likely going to get you what you're looking for in Australia. Waiting for a report on pillreports may get you some information but you can never be absolutely sure that a pill someone on the net is talking about exactly matches the one you're looking at, however the photographs are helping the issue. Doing BOTH is being very cautious, and almost anticipates the advent of the 'tricky' pills... I think that's a good practice, in a HM sense, and it's almost like learning from the mistakes you haven't made yet.
That's gotta be a good thing - here's my suggestion. If you want pillreports to be more reliable, DO something about it. Post really accurate, detailed reports, with test results! If you're worried about posting a lot of reports from your current BL username for fear of scrutiny, make another username for posting pillreports. Encourage everyone you know who takes pills to make quality reports with test results included, test the pills before their eyes if you have to. If you make good reports, and never talk up something that's a shit pill, then the review system is on the way back to full health. Once the number of excellent quality posts outnumbers the bullshit talk-ups and dealer marketing schemes (which are quite obvious in a majority of cases anyway) then pillreports will be everything you want it to be.
Lead by example.
BigTrancer :)

banana_man: if i waited for pills to turn up on pill report, i'd be in big trouble,
because as someone said in another thread, melbourne ppl are very lazy when it comes to posting on pillreports.com
but having said that your probably safer than almost anyone else using bluelight!!!!

My main point is.. why bother waiting?
You can be as cautious as you like, but common sense is a part of caution too. If you have a reliable source who continually gets you good pills, you go over (or he/she comes over), you test em up and they test black - What do you do now? Say "thanks very much man/darl, those red hqs tested up a treat, but i'll hold out til i see someone i don't know, who has (most likely) a large difference in experience with MDMA than myself, post anonymously on the internet about a pill i've never seen, probably in a different city, and rate it according to their guidelines... THEN i'll definately be back to pick some of those up!"
Can you see my point?
There are people who are somewhat 'reliable' on pillreports, but what most people rate as an 8 or 9 on there are potential 6 or 7s for yourself. It's always to some degree the luck of the draw, and by relying on pillreports can't make u any "safer" or "better informed" than asking a bunch of people who take E what they thought of a pill. You get 100s of opinions, just like on PRs. At least if you put your feelers out you know its local and most likely the same stuff.
My thinking is that you're only missing out, or causing uneccessary pain in the ass for yourself by taking the step of doing both, when you have tester sitting in front of you, that's given a good reaction. Not just turned black after a minute, but given a nice reaction indicating a fair whack of MD - follow that and it's highly unlikely you can go wrong.
Most pills people i know, get offered or have people talking about them aren't on pillreports yet, or were on weeks ago... a lot never make it on at all, or have 1 report. In any city other than melbourne or sydney, there is not a great chance of the current things doing the rounds appearing on pillreports. If you waited for pillreports you'd probably miss most of the good things. Even in melbourne and sydeny PRs probably only covers half the field at the very most, and you can still miss out.
Further, if it's powder or a cap, how is pillreports going to help you? If it tests black, is don, is good.
It is a further failsafe, and i commend you for protecting yourself in that manner, but my argument is that you can't put as much faith in PRs as you can in a tester-reaction. I rarely check PRs, and i can honestly say i've never had anything less than a 7/10 quality, and a fair chunk of those pills, when i've looked, have never turned up on PRs - he who hesitates... masturbates... or something.

Supa,
I do see your point.. and I do reconise that I can and have missed out on some good gear.
My approach isnt for everyone (or most ppl it would seem), and if it wasnt for my exact situation I might not be using it myself.
In the end, I think we all do what we have to do to feel safe.
- Some dont test at all
- Some only use pill reports
- Some only test
Myself, I use both -> not because it is nesarily better/quicker/whatever, but because it is what I have to do to make myself feel safe. If others dont have to go to these steps, great, they will have to do less checking and might consume some great pills that I miss out on. I'm happy with that...
I think I unintentialy hijacked this thread a little. With this in mind I dont intend adding any further comments unless they relate to the original topic. FYI - If this sounds a little rude it is totally unintentional.

Originally posted by **wHiTeBoY**:
And when I say I don't care about safety, what I mean is that I will definitely have them EZ tested after I buy them.
This is a pretty risky way to think. Exactly why the government say they don't like testers! Even if a pill tests positive for a mdma-like substance, this does not ensure that you are taking mdma only, and definitely does not ensure that the pill is "safe" to take. With each different pill you take at the same time, you are increasing the risks. The combined contents of one pill on it's own may not harm you, but the combined contents of two or three different pills has more potential danger. eg, if one pill had pma and enough mdxx to fool a tester, on it's own it may not harm you. But combine that with a strong mdma pill and it could become very dangerous. You should think of taking different types of pills together as mixing your drugs, because there is a good chance that you are doing so (even when you test).
Personally I would try to get all of the same kind, or if you get a few different types, don't have them on the same night. Or just buy of the person who lets you test before you buy maybe?

SupaSpeeD is right: It IS good to use a tester, and to make an EDUCATED decision and work from there. This reduces the risk associated with taking pills.
Banana_man is right: It is better to be safe than sorry and rely on BOTH tester and user reports. This reduces the risk associated with taking pills.
I'm so happy to see people in a debate about the finer points of strong, active harm minimisation, rather than debating whether to practise it at all.
However, please note the following well. I would never admonish someone for choosing to miss out rather than take a pill. They should be congratulated for defaulting to the safest solution.
If there is ANY doubt in your mind that the risk is not worth the return, then walk away.
BigTrancer :D

Originally posted by **wHiTeBoY**:
And when I say I don't care about safety, what I mean is that I will definitely have them EZ tested after I buy them.
So if they are not MDxx, will you flush them down the toilet or your throat?