Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: CNN.com 27 Aug 02: Iranian police seize hashish

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Iranian police seize hashish
August 27, 2002 Posted: 12:28 PM EDT (1628 GMT)
TEHRAN, Iran (Reuters) -- Iranian police have seized about 4.5 tonnes of hashish in two separate raids near the border with Afghanistan, the official IRNA news agency reported on Tuesday.
Police intercepted a truck carrying 3,200 kg (3.2 tonnes) of hashish at the Dogharun border region, while it was en route to Southeast Asia, it said.
The second haul of more than 1,345 kg (1.3 tonnes) was raided in another border point in southern Sistan-Baluchestan province.
No date was given for the raids.
Iran is a main route for drugs smuggled from Afghanistan to Europe and Asia, with Iranian authorities seize close to 200 tonnes of narcotics each year.
From: http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/08/27/iran.hash.reut/index.html
BigTrancer :)

I wonder what they do with all those drugs!
Hehehe, I doubt they would simply throw over 1 billion dollars of drugs away, especially if the income would improve the countries economy!
Something to think about...
:)

I dunno...somehow I doubt improving the countries' enconomies would be top of their priority list. Various people pocketing the drugs and money themselves seems more likely.
Any improvement to a nation's budget is likely to be spent on their military...or am I being just a bit too cynical here?

HASHISH - arming the axis of evil since 1906 ;)
It would be interesting to know how much exactly of the governmental income of certain countries (ie burma, afghanistan, iran, etc) is raised directly from drug export... probably up there with the Australian Police's efforts ;) hehe.

I wish *I* had busted that 3.2 tonnes of hash.
"Oh yeah, your in trouble all right. Now, load as much as you can into this humvee over here, and continue on your way"
/me drives away in humvee :)