Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Speed Bombs

payaya

Bluelighter
Hey all, just say if someone hasnt taken an MDMA pill for over a month, but has just taken stupid speed pills, would this affect the next time i take an MDMA pill?

If I understand your question, I believe the answer is; No, taking speedy pills won't affect your next MDMA roll.
That is basing my answer purely on the fact that amphetamine based pills affect the brain chemistry in a completely different way to MDMA. Amphetamines work on the dopamine side of things while MDMA depletes your serotonin stores. So in effect taking amphetamines won't detract from your serotonin reserves and have any effect on your next MDMA roll.
Obviously there are other factors involved and going out every weekend no matter what substance your taking will subtract some of the magic from the experience. Less is more :)

thanks, so that means, my serotonin levels would be replenish, and my roll should be pretty good?
thanks

How long have you had in between the rolls is a factor full stop (and speed bomb's are not a roll). Speed does release a small amount of serotonin, but if you haven't had a 'big' amount of speed(bombs), and you have spaced your mdxx at least 2 weeks, you should be ok. But the longer break(between mdxx), the better.
Hope this helps :)

payaya, speed wouldn't deplete your serotonin levels in the first place, so there's nothing to "replenish" so to speak.
:)
There's two types of fuel - dopamine, and serotonin. MDMA burns up the serotonin (and a little dopamine), speed the dopamine.I've never heard of methamphetamines/amphetamines releasing serotonin waz, where'd ya here that? For interests sake :)

I seem to remember reading something about amph/meth releasing small amounts of seratonin, but I think it was mainly due to natural releases. But don't quote me on this.

For intrests sake, both mdma and meth cause damage to the serotonin and dopamine receptors.
http://mdma.net/toxicity
If you're neurologically minded, check out:
http://amphetamines.com/serotonin/
I'm still trying to find something concrete, here's another quote from the NIDA meth page:
Methamphetamine releases high levels of the neurotransmitter dopamine, which stimulates brain cells, enhancing mood and body movement. It also appears to have a neurotoxic effect, damaging brain cells that contain dopamine and serotonin, another neurotransmitter.
I can guess though, that MDMA and meth aren't cross-tolerant, so taking speedbombs won't necessarily increase your MDMA tolerance. Even taking MDA isn't cross-tolerant with MDMA... I remember reading a study where people who took (approx) 100mg of MDMA each day for a week were noticing nearly zero effect from MDMA by the 6th day, but on the 7th day took a comparable dose of MDA and were high as you like.
I wouldn't suggest that taking speedbombs is a good or healthy way to economise your MDMA use. Speedbombs have been seen in the past to have a higher chance of being adulterated with any random chemicals, so the risk is increased using them. Even a pill that tests a solid orange colour with Marquis reagent is not guaranteed to be pure speed/meth, and can often be shown to include ketamine, caffiene, or any number of other chemicals in combination.
The best way to keep a low MDMA tolerance is to take MDMA infrequently. However, taking speedbombs isn't necessarily the best alternative.
BigTrancer :)
[ 29 August 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

^^^
that sounds like a very interesting study esp. for those who were the subjects.

What about the third fuel....noradrenaline? released by both the MDxx's and the classic amphetamines also.