Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pre Loading With 5htp

Johnny Clunkski

Bluelighter
I know there have been a few posts in the past in regards to this, but i used the search function and could not find anything.
What i want to ask is. I have 5htp and iam planning on taking before the roll.
What do you think are the best steps in pre loading before the roll. Like how much mg's a day or whatever ?? and how many days should you post load for.
Cheers
J

I fail to believe you havn't found anything searching. Did you try all the forums and the archives too?
Give me a sec and I'll find some threads for you... :\

Actually, I apologise - this shit is hard to find... every thread I open has a reply telling the poster to use the search engine... :\
I'm sure it's there somewhere, but it's taken me 10 mins and I still haven't come up with anything too solid, and that's not good enough...
Can everyone start doing some searches and throw as much info in this thread as possible, and I'll compile it into an FAQ cos I think we need one... I'll need some help though, cos I've never actually used 5-HTP! LOL!
Any volunteers?
Edit - and then I suddenly find all this:
Click Me for the search page!
In particular:
Finally got some 5-HTP, Now when do I take it?
E-verything you never wanted to know - By *Deep*
:)
[ 25 August 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

A huge amount of information on postloading, and preloading with 5-HTP also appears in our Main Forum FAQ... including the above post by Deep, and his revised thoughts on a pre/postloading regime on Page 2.
BigTrancer :)

I was just talking to a student who studies neurology at monash. I told him i take 5htp a couple of days before hand. they said to me, thats not a good idea. You should only take 5htp the day you roll, in the morning, then the next day, after you have come down fully. You can preload earlier, but they said you will lack emotions for the next couple of days afterwards. I dont know if this is true or not, or wether is varies or not. Im just going by what they said.

I find it better if I pre and post load with 5HTP as opposed to just post loading, but yeah that's just me.
However I guess just post loading is better than not loading at all, geddit? ;)

Just a note - you might want to consider pre/post loading with more than just 5-HTP. Damage to your liver and also longer term risks involving free radicals are worth thinking about, as well as neurotoxicity.
Personally, I take milk thistle, and a combination of antioxidants (namely alpha lapoic acid) to minimise these risks, as well as 5-HTP.
:)

^^^
Along with apollo's vits, I also add some l-Tyrosine, l-Glutamine, DLPA and magnesium. Exact dosages vary with many other factors at the time. The l-Glutamine and DLPA supposedly act as protectant for certain cells in the brain, and it does seem to work. I feel a lot less brain raped when I have the vits before and after a big night out.

Magnesium is great for helping to reduce the jaw clenching and teeth grinding that MDMA can cause, too.
BigTrancer :)

Originally posted by djwombat81au:
I was just talking to a student who studies neurology at monash. I told him i take 5htp a couple of days before hand. they said to me, thats not a good idea. You should only take 5htp the day you roll, in the morning, then the next day, after you have come down fully. You can preload earlier, but they said you will lack emotions for the next couple of days afterwards. I dont know if this is true or not, or wether is varies or not. Im just going by what they said.
Did they give any reason why this would occur?
I don't see how increasing your serotonin level would decrease your emotions, unless they meant it would lessen negative emotions, which wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. Many people take 5htp and to my knowledge no one has ever reported a decrease of emotions. Could you ask them why they think this would happen?

i am seeing this person on thursday night, i was thinking the same thing, i will get him to clarify it with me, then i will pass on the information