Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

GHB + Temazepam

glory_glamour

Bluelighter
Tried searching, but couldnt find the answer i needed.
Got an itsy bitsy question. If it belongs in Health Q+A, feel free to move it there.
How safe would it be to mix GHB/1,4B and Temazepan?
I dont mean at the same time. I mean take the Temazepan at the end of the night, to put me to sleep. Most of my nights out, i'll have pills, crystal and a bit of GHB/1,4B. (again, not all at same time, but over the course of the evening)
Therefore, after i get home, i cant sleep.
Due to the fact the Temazepan put you to sleep and G is an anesthetic, could taking Temazepan, say 2-3 hours after last dose of G, be harmful?
Thanks for your help!!!!
[ Edit: corrected title spelling ]
[ 20 August 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

very good question. i'd really like to know the answer as well. some info here:
erowid vaults
also if anyone has any more information about temazepam in general it would be much appreciated. i am talking about eating it btw.
thanks,
z.
[ 20 August 2002: Message edited by: Hamlet ]

There's some very good general temazepam info at rxlist.com - as for the specifc question though, I'll leave that up to others to answer cos I'd only be guessing... good question though! :)
P.S... I've edited the original post and corrected the spelling of "Temazepam" (m, not n)... just so in the future it'll be easier to search for this thread if anyone want's to... :)

I personally know of someone who died a few months ago in Sydney after taking GHB followed by a sleeping pill(s) to get to sleep.
I don't have more specific information about what he took or when but it certainly is a risky practice.
One of the dangers would be vomiting in your sleep and aspirating the vomit, which could be lethal. Breathing might also be depressed.
Temazepam is a fairly short-acting hypnotic that doesn't generally leave a hangover, so you wake up feeling refreshed after a good few hours of sleep, at least when it isn't mixed in with other drugs.
It shouldn't be taken constantly as the potential for dependence is high.
Always take orally. The gel caps in particular should never be injected as there is a very high risk of destroying circulation and losing a limb or causing a thrombosis. The gel is too viscous to be injected safely. For this reason most doctors prescribe the temazepam in tablet form.

Not only is the gel viscous, but it's oil-based, meaning it won't mix well with blood, and can cause blockages in the smaller blood vessels at the extremities. This can lead to loss of feeling, function, and gangrenous loss of fingers, toes and other extremities.
Eating temazepam takes only a little longer to come on, lasts longer, and it takes 5 seconds to swallow a pill, compared to searching for an hour for a suitable vein to inject in after you've collapsed or ulcered all your easy hit sites. Far less painful too.
BigTrancer :)

Doctors and the relevant health authorities have been alerted to the injecting thing with temazepam, and it's now relatively harder to get the caps prescribed. To get them on the PBS, you have to satisfy both your doctor and a person at the health insurance commision that you need to have caps vs. tabs. Otherwise you're paying privately (which honestly isn't too much of a draw back - benzos are usually fairly cheap raw materials). I guess what I'm saying is that doctors routinely write temazepam as tablets, and if they don't specify, the pharmacist will dispense tablets. So apart from the health risks (which are obviously more important!) it's a pain in the arse to get caps these days...
I can't remember my point. sorry :D

Off topic: Currently, benzos are easy to get here. Convincing doctors isn't usually required as quite a few dd's also have them, including gel cap temazepam (orange footies) and rohypnol. (Authority scripts seem to be a specialty.) One has stopped selling gel caps because they knew what their customers were doing with them. Dealer with a conscience? In some aspects I guess.

i know someone who is addicted to both benzo's and 1,4b and i'm 95% certain that they use them or have used them together... not to say that this isnt bad, but it hasnt killed him yet. use at your own risk.
also, as 1,4b is out of your system in a couple of hours... you could always wait a bit/ dont dose up before sleeping then take the temazepan... this should lower the risk??
M

Obviously at some point down the track the GHB will be out of your system and it will be safe to take temazepam - in moderate quantity, for most people.
So it's a question of unscientifically guessing the risk.
I also know of people who have mixed alcohol and GHB and been fine. Well, they were plain lucky. Most of us know better. Mixing alcohol and GHB is very similar to mixing temazepam and GHB.
Five out of six people who play Russian Roulette are going to be fine.
If you're the unlucky sixth who gets it wrong, you're dead.
I just prefer not to play Russian Roulette at all.

^^^ i wasnt condoning it, just mentioning that that i know of people that do.
in conclusion... i dont know ;)
M

note: i never said anything about injecting it.
i assume they come im normal compacted powder tablet form (like aspirin) and not only in the 'radioactive looking' gel caps?
z.

^^^
no you didn't say anything about injecting it, but it is a very good safety point to raise.
temazepam does come in tablet form (as mentioned more than once above)

^^ ok jeysus calm down man! i missed it...i re-read everything and i noticed that your post did say it.
z.

I've taken 5ml 1,4 B + 5mg Valium (not temazepam)within an hour of one another a number of times after a night & day of various uppers. Sleep has always been solid (6+hrs) and free of drama although it dehydrates you like nothing else and you don't exactly wake up ready to conquer the world.
It's def. a mood lifter but I haven't done it for about a year as I've found I don't need the two to get a sound night's sleep - one or the other usually suffices and is less taxing on the system, & let's not forget, safer.
hope this helps
:)

Mixing 1,4 B and Valium within an hour of each other is still very risky.
The fact that you had so many uppers on board is probably what has kept you out of trouble - so far.