Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

chewing vs bombing

jimjam

Bluelighter
Just wondering what difference there is between these two methods- you crush the pill for both, so is there a discernable difference in the effect?
Thanks.

I'm not sure I follow totally - are you after an comparison between chewing a pill, and crushing a pill and swallowing it in a cap or some tissue paper or something? Or by "bombing" do you mean swallowing it whole? I ask because the definition of bombing can be different depending on who you talk to...
Basically though, if the pill is crushed or chewed (ie: in pieces) it should enter your system faster compared to taking it whole, as it will be digested faster (due to there being a much higher surface area). I can't remember the source on this, but apparantly MDMA is really bad for your teeth too, so chewing might not be the best idea in that respect (i'll try to find a source for that soon)...
[ 12 August 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]

Yep,. comparison between chewing, or swallowing the pill crushed in tissue paper or similar.

Ahhhh... OK... well in that case, it should be pretty similar besides the fact that chewing is bad for your teeth (I looked for the source but all I could find were more posts from people saying it as if it's gospel - so take it with a grain of salt, but there's probably some validity to it)...
In both methods the pill ends up crushed, so it should get to your system reasonably quick. Maybe with chewing it would be absorbed slightly quicker because some of it would be absorbed under your tounge - but I don't think the difference would really be noticable, and definitely wouldn't be large enough to justify the potential damage to your teeth... :)

okay, i call it parachuting.... bombing sounds too much like dropping/swallowing whole, but i reserve this term for crushed pills in tissue paper etc. only, not crushed pills in caps
the reason why people suggest you don't chew pills is that parts of the pill will get ground into the grooves in your teeth and drugs aren't good for your teeth (they eat away at them).
an alternative is to put the crushed up pill in water/some other liquid (juice is good, not so nasty tasting) and drink it..... just make sure you get all the dregs out of the glass. water is good because it helps the body absorb the substance quicker.
hope that helps,
bk :)

I was thinking of crushing up a pill and mixing it with a shot of vodka or jack daniels...anyone got any experience with this method.
Just wanna know if it's any better or not. =)

Crushing a pill gives it a bigger surface area, so when you eat it, it takes heaps less time to kick in...

well in my experience chewing kicks in faster and gives you a much more intence roll whereas just 'bombing' it isnt AS intence but lasts longer.. hence the dissolve/re-uptake rate

In my experience the only difference between eating a crushed up pill in a tissue/capsule and eating it straight is that it comes on faster. It's never been notably more intense or longer in duration for me.
:)

not having any proof what-so-ever except personal experience. i'd have to say that i'd NEVER chew a biccy again. basically because of the teeth factor.
i've got a few tolerances (not talking drugs here) to do with pain, heat, cold etc. and was always able to do without water if i had to.. or couldnt be bothered, run out, blah blah. i USED to chew.
now my teeth arent fucked. i've still got'm all and no fillings (think i'll need some work ddone soon tho) but i always used to chew my biccys from day 1. and after this became a regular thing i'd notice my teeth were really sensitive for the few days after rolling. made it damn hard to eat anything i needed to bite! this doesnt happen anymore! coz its either swallow whole or crush n snort. this i'm not a fan of much either but hey.. its a quick fix! :) i guess i'll invest in some caps and just load them up!

Crush it, cap it, then swallow it, thats best method I reckon. Hit's you nice and hard. Would only recommend it for people who can't seem to get that "great" feeling off one.