Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Blotters- purely containing acid?

Tabernacle

Bluelighter
Ok we all know that when we eat pills that most of the time they contain other chems apart from just MDMA, even if they are tested, eg: MDMA/MDA combo pills like the pills discussed in the green CU thread. Or the sensitivity of marquis reagent overriding the identification of other substances present.
But what about acid blotters?
I've heard people say that some are mescal based, or laced with speed or even DOB. Previously i would have said this was bullshit, as i don't think you could fit 200mg of mescaline into a blotter, or meter just enough DOB, say 2mg into a tab, with errors as little as 1mg causing overdose. However i had a buddha blotter and during the trip, while it was decidedly acid-like, I could have sworn that portions of it were more 2CB like than acid. This got me thinking about what is really in blotters. I don't know if it was a combination of set and setting and the fact that previously when tripping i hadn't experienced that magical 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (nexus). The buddhas were acid, but i was just wondering if other BLs had experienced elements of new drugs they've tried in old favourites. Maby people could also state if they think there are other chems beside acid in blotters.
My 2c is that i thought that acid would be the one of the only drugs capable of being delivered by blotter because it's dosage range is small. Thoughts?

LSD storage and purity/potency issues.
Acid is such a subjective drug and I find that all sorts of factors probably alter your perception while on the trip, from noticing things you wouldn't normally notice to the state of mind you are in.
Judging by the reactions of most from these trips they are LSD, but nothings to say that each person might not experience something different :)

I know what you mean about the Bhuddas. There is defintately a different feel to them. A few of people have commented that they don't feel like true LSD.
It is certainly not possible to fit a dose of 2cb onto blotter paper. There are not many drugs out there that are active in the quantites that could be applied to blotter. LSD, DOB, Salivinorin A are pretty much the only ones I'm aware of. I believe the reason as to why each batch of trips has a unique feel to them is due to the huge range of LSD analogues which are either deliberately or in most cases accidently synthed either individually or alongside LSD. I also believe that LSD can break down into different analogues, which on their own may not do an awful lot, but when combined with an LSD trip can have some effect on the experience. Unfortunately blotter paper is the worst place you can put acid in terms of preservation. Therefore it is more likely that paper will feel different/dirty etc. whereas microdots and liquid will feel much cleaner.
The following infomation on the topic can be found in the 'Psychedelics Encyclopedia'
...other psychoactive Lysergic Acid derivatives".
"The most powerful is LSD-25"
Similar chemical structures: d-lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD-25), dlysergic acid amide (ergine)(LA-111), d-isolysergic acid amide (isoergine).
"LA-11 and isoergine, which were synthesized in the laboratory before they were known to occur in nature, are significant members of the LSD family. Others have names such as:
MLD-41, ALD-52, OML-632, LAE-32, BOL-148, MLA-74, ALA-10, LPD-824, LSM-775, DAM-57, LME, LMP, LAMP and LEP.
Of these, the acetylated (ALD-52) and methylated (MLD-41) analogues are the next most potend to LSD, possibly because they are quickly converted to LSD upon ingestion. Four others have about 1/3 of LSD's strength, four about 1/10, with others being much milder.
ALD-52 is the LSD analogue that's been most often represented as acid on the psychedelic market in the last few years ("Sunshine" [potent trip from the 70s] was allegedly ALD-52, though this has been disputed). It has slightly over 90 percent of LSD's potency and is transformed into LSD-25 upon contact with water. The resulting trip is generally said to be smoother than one with LSD-25."

erowid has some info on DOB tabs found in Australia, it wouldnt be 2cb or anything like that, DOM and DOB possibly, i dont think mesc would be used instead of acid either.

The only thing I've ever seen or heard of about blotters in Australia is that they're only LSD. Anything else is too much for a blotter to absorb. Plague Bearer is right about the blotter causing the LSD to degrade or react with anything, but any possible analogues of LSD that would be created in the blotter are all biologically inactive. There is no way that LSD would methylate or aceylate into ALD or MLD if you just left it standing around. If you washed a blotter with tap water it'd probably halogenate, making it inactive.
My theory about the Buddhas is that they were doped with a higher amount of acid than most blotters, this I heard from a "friend of a friend of a friend" ;)

Thanx for the replies, it is pretty much as i expected, although the info on the analogues was new to me. Oh yeah i agree with plague bearer about the discrepancy of experience between liquid and blotter trips, liquid feels much more like what true acid should feel like (IMHO). Also agree with fetish jester, flouride and chloride ions in tap water are nasty homeboys who bash the lysergic acid diethylamide molecule for its new shoes.