• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Berocca in the prevention of dilutional hyponatremia??

THCPuffNStuff

Bluelighter
Note: I did do a search through the Aussie Drug Discussion & its archives before writing this. Just in case it happens that in the depths of Bluelight there is another thread covering this idea.
Hehehe anyways the first time I rolled I happened to have a stack of beroccas with me, and doing the typical thing, decided that consuming one or two through the nite would be a good idea as:
a) it has some energising qualities
b) its got plenty of vitamin goodness up in it..
c) I actually kinda like the taste.
Anyways I did notice that I had no problem passing water throughout the night, and down the track came to the realisation that this probably had something to do with the berocca, as after many more experiences on e and meth without any berocca, I have had a fair bit of trouble with the ole number one. And on two occasions, after having trouble passing water, I had a berocca, and then was sweet rolling the rest of the night.
Now I'm just curious as to what it would be that assists in the diuretic process. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but, recalling yr 12 biology classes, an increase of mineral content in the blood will decrease the need to urinate, and considering berocca contains, amongst other things, sodium, the mineral content would theoretically incease upon consumption. So why would the desire to urinate actually increase when you combine berocca and e from that of e alone?
Also is there any sort of hidden dangers I may have overlooked in my berocca consumption? Technically vitamin supplementation isn't a particularly risky region of harm minimisation, but I do recall being told at one stage that urinating too much on a roll can have nasty effects too, but I can't remember the exact details regarding that.
But then, if it is found that no harm will be done by berocca consumption, then here we may have a little tool to assist in the prevention of dilutional hyponatremia.
Just a thought. Ideas anyone?
[ 07 August 2002: Message edited by: THCPuffNStuff ]

This is also dredging up memories of high school science, but I think some of the B group vitamins have diuretic effects? Of course, I could be wrong.
Its an interesting point, because problems pissing can have pretty serious effects.
There's a thread about this here
It'd be good to get some more opinions on this, as in theory it sounds potentially useful in preventing or reducing the chance of hyponatremia.
Check this link for a wordy, but detailed overview of the process of hyponatremia.
One thing though, would there be extra stress placed on the liver and kidneys if there are more things floating around for them to process ie B group vitamins etc in berocca while also breaking down MDxx or whatever other drugs?
I'm not sure about that. What do the medical people think?

Yanked this from another thread on hangover cures, for those that don't know, this is whats in Berocca..
Listed ingredient
Translation
Thiamine nitrate
Vitamin B1
Riboflavine sodium phosphate
Equivalent to vitamin B2
Nicotinamide
Calcium pantothenate
Equivalent to vitamin B5
Pyridoxine hydrochloride
Vitamin B6
Cyanocobalamin
Vitamin B12
Biotin
Vitamin H
Ascorbic Acid
Vitamin C
Calcium carbonate
A source of calcium
Sucrose
Sugar
Sodium Chloride
Salt

I dont have a Berocca container handy, does it contain any magnesium? there are other threads (dont have them handy) regarding this.... on a personal note, I found it easier to pass #1 after a magnesium supplament. I also live on a daily diet of Swisse Multivitamins (as a guess the ingrediants would be similar to Berocca) - but I dont actually take them whilst rolling as all vitamins should be taken with food. Berocca is kinda different as it is meant to be taken in a liquid form. You will probably also notice that you will sweat more, your sweat will smell more & the most obvious.... fluroescent urine (the body is unable to store B vitamins so expells what it doesnt use - that is the yellow we see!!)