Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

EZ-Tester Siezed by Aust Post in Melbourne

slinky-pand

Bluelighter
I got a letter today telling me that my EZ-Extreme tester kit has been siezed and is awaiting to be destroyed by customs in Melbourne with accordance to Australia post's "Dangerous Goods" act. The reagent being a Corrosive liquid is not permitted to be mailed.
I just wanted to let you all know of this incident and be very carefully when purchasing stuff like this...Has anyone had a similar experience? Can I do anything to get my tester back?? Take care and test your gear!..

^ thats really fucked up, is all I can say. Stupid ass old people pricks in our nation's governments are so stoooooooopid.

There's discussion of this in the pill tester thread... this seems to have happened to a few people though so it prolly deserves it's own topic. I'm gunna quote jb's reply in this thread (cos I can't be bothered thinking right now, and he summed it up anyway ;) ):
Originally posted by johnboy:
Unfortunately it is true that a lot of kits sent from EZ Test to Australia are being seized by customs. What isn't true is that EZ Test are doing this to purposefully rip off their customers. For every one that gets seized another 10 get thru. If anyone has had this problem I suggest they email EZ Test and ask for a refund.
And I would recommend against ordering kits from them into Australia for the time being. Xtreme kits are available for sale at a few retail places (see the above list) if you really want one, but the truth is for most people Marquis and Mandelin are sufficient for testing pills.

Of course they will be seized. Corrosive, poisonous liquids in the mail??!!
Customs are just following standard procedures, but in case it is not realized, this can constitute a serious offence. Dangerous goods are just that – dangerous.
When I’ve ordered E1 & E2 kits from ComSol, they have been shipped via courier - not undisclosed through the mail.
Just because something is permitted in other countries, it doesn't necessarily mean it is allowed here. Health and safety regs may be fairly standardized, but mail regs differ from country to country.
If you are intending to legally import something into Australia, check with the relevant bodies before ordering. You may find the supplier will be able to accommodate any special needs the goods require, such as labeling or special packaging. It may not even affect the price. I’m sure the EZ crew would do this if they felt the growing market of Australia was in threat
Another thing not to forget is that Australia Post is a federally controlled body. Therefore posting anything not permitted or restricted - drugs or undeclared dangerous chemicals - can result in charges being laid by the federal police.
ANY thing which crosses any ocean e.g. Melbourne to Tasmania; is scanned for explosives and DANGEROUS goods. This has been the undoing of many an intended good deed, and stopped the once common but highly dangerous practice of sending undisclosed fireworks from Tassie to the mainland.
Hopefully we may soon see an amine test made locally. The first step is to convince local manufacturers that a market exists, and that such a kit is ethically acceptable i.e. doesn’t appear as encouraging or condoning drug use by being seen as a test to distinguish between good and better (e.g. MDA – MDMA). I’m optimistic the PMA argument will outweigh any such concerns.
Now for the test which discriminates between MDA / MDMA and PMA……

Slinky-pand, you can definately try e-mailing EZ-Test to get your money back as Johnboy suggests, but don't expect a reply. Out of the 15 people I personally know of that ordered one, no-one got a reply of any kind.
There's no doubting that EZ-Test have made a killing on these testers and yet they can't even use good PR and answer people's enquiries as to the whereabouts of their tester after several months. That's just shoddy IMO. I stick by my comments in pillreports, it's EZ-Scam.com

Can you not buy them everywhere locally? Wy bother shipping stuff in from overseas, when it's available here in your backyard?
Whether its 5htp, testers or even raving accessories - most if not all things are available locally if you are prepared to look. I thought having a "dangerous item" seized as it was being mailed to your house would be the last thing you would want, considering some peoples recreational hobbies.
Are testers not available locally in melbourne or something??

Yes kits are around the place, now, and they are being sold in more and more places.
I to had my test kit confiscated, I have emailed EZ on more than several occasions to complain. Previous to this I had trouble getting a reply from them but it usually came. Now that they have my money and I DONT have my kit they will not reply to my emails.
I know of half a dozen people that have had their testers confiscated, I have not heard of one getting through.
It is obvious that EZ know that at least a considerable amount of their kits are getting taken by Aust Post, I am sure that each person would email them about their loss. EZ state in their blurb that the kit will travel anywhere, which I assume means as far as they know, but they must know that this is not the case in Aust now.
As far as I am concerned I HAVE been ripped off.
Any company that only replies to emails, before they have your money, or only to positive feedback and not to complaints in my opinion is not a reputable company.
I would personally recommend avoiding them and buying the competitions tester or buying EZ test locally, as it is now fairly available in most headshops.
( It wasnt when I ordered mine from overseas )

shredda,
What do you want EZ test to say in reply to these emails? You sent them the money, they sent the tester. They did their job - once it's in the mail it's out of their hands, they've done their job & they've spent their money making the tester and posting it. It's not fair to expect a refund from them, and if I was recieving your complaint emails, I would not reply.
Take it up with customs.
EZ test do a fucking good job in my opinion, I wouldn't mind betting they've saved a lot of lives.
:)

Thanks for the replies guys. Some good some not but it's all good discussion. I don't blame ez-test for this problem but I do believe they know about the Australian customs siezures and still choose to send the testers to us here in Oz knowing that there is a high chance they will get siezed and not bother saying or disclosing any warning about this problem. I Think they should not send them to us here or at least have bold warnings to the customers about possible siezure. Anyway, life goes on and shit happens. i will try and get an EZ-Extreme tester kit in Melbourne. Take care and test your gear..

Oh sorry Apollo I forgot the Bluelight/EZtest link, and at the risk of sounding sarcastic, my apologies for the oversight.
I'll have you know that they gave us the day off school the day that appollo 11 landed on the whatsit !!
I disagree with everything you say you young whippersnapper !!
I dont know where you get off telling me about drug stuff.....
...... FUCK....acid-flash !
Hrrmph..sorry about that..but seriously I realise that the EZ test kit has enabled us to take E more safely but a professional company should at least answer my enquiries.
It goes without saying that I would not want you as part of my company public relations team apollo..
It is not a customs issue either, it gets through customs, Australia Post seize it when they get it.
I was assured by EZ that I would be able to import their product, I cant, they know it, they sell it to me anyway.
There lays the problem. I have no critisisms about the quality of the product.
So..ahhh, there..hrmph....

dear everybody,
we are aware that some( def. not all) of our testers are being seized by the ozzie mail guys.
this is the first time in 5 years that this problem has come up. apparently this has to do with a spin-off of those 9-11 events, it started when those anthrax letters were going around.
our experience is that usually the tide will settle down and things go back to normal. the strange thing is that, provided you have adequate labelling and packaging, you are allowed to send this stuff, under the exception made for small quantities. I dunno why all of a sudden we have this problem in Australia. Maybe someone who lives over there wants to look into that? if anybody wants to contact EZ just write to me, i promiss i will answer all your questions..
as for the problems reaching us: we got swamped in spam and had to deactivate some of our mail accounts.. again, write me! [email protected]
we are working on a solution for these problems and hope we solve them soon..
[ 06 August 2002: Message edited by: easy e ]

^Well, straight from the horses mouth.
Also what is seized by the post is entirely up to their discretion. If they consider it could be a dangerous substance, they can seize it to ensure the safety of the public (of course they should be able to work out easily what is and isnt a dangerous substance and rather quickly).
Too much flaming.

Thanks for the clarification Easy E... good to have some real information on the situation.
BigTrancer :)

Funny to think I work in a customer relations department isn't it...
:)

Yeah Appollo, you should get out man, there's nothing worse than being stuck in a job that you're not ideally suited to.
Thanx for the communication easy-e, will definately be in touch.

Both testers can be aquired from Polyester Bookstore on Brunswick Street Fitzroy for $25 each. I think this will save a lot of people trouble and money if they bought locally. It is made by a local company called Chemical Solutions www.chemicalsolutions.com.au and tests for most known substances (PMA, DXM, MDA, MDMA, MD**, Unknown and 2-CB etc...) Also from Polyester is a 5htp solution containing 5htp, caffeine and other post loading solutions. It is worthwhile to look for local solutions before ordering anything from overseas. This also works well for people without credit cards and/or no time to wait for international mail.

"Both testers"?
Thanks for the info but the CSA kits are Marquis and Mandelin. EZ Test Xtreme kit contains Marquis, Simon's and Robadope. Currently no one makes Simon's or Robadope within Australia, or Mecke for that matter, and it has to be imported.
Now as to whether or not you actually need those other reagents, that's a debate for another thread. There is a demand for them, as we can see, so CSA should make them locally, and believe me I keep telling them this...
Haven't seen this 5HTP stuff in Polyester yet, but I'll check it out next time I'm in their buying Bondage Fairy comix ;)