Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA Powder

stoo

Bluelighter
I'm wondering whether anyone has ever come across this in Sydney. What was your experience? Does it exist? Does it kick arse? How does it compare to pills?
Hope I'm not asking a well-worn question but I am interested.

Yes it exists, but asking whether it's around in sydney is useless. It's there if you know the right people, and it's not if you don't... :)
Aside from that though the rest of the post is valid. I haven't done it myself, but from what I've heard it's a "cleaner" experience - more loved up and less mashy when compared to pills.
I'm sure someone that's tried it will be able to comment on the effects better than that, but when replying, please don't comment on it's availability - remember to be vague on a public forum such as this... :)

Sorry. I didn't mean to try and source it, more to find out if it actually exists or if it is purely an urban myth of sorts. I have heard plenty about it and people always talk about it's effects but it seems to have attained an almost mythical status and I haven't spoken to many who have actually tried it.

No need to say sorry - my comments were more aimed at avoiding anyone potentially replyinh and providing a source... :)
But yeah, powder does exist - the laws of probability say that there's some around somewhere... but obviously you can't know everyone, which is why sometimes it seems like it's not there...
The reason we discourage people talking about whether something exists or not is because it could be interpreted as you saying that you are after some (even though I'm sure that's not the case here), and also because when this question is asked people tend to come on and try to prove how cool they are by saying that they can get this "mad shit", which doesn't really help anyone... :)

Yep, it exists, and it's worth every cent if you can get pure MDMA. You can assure yourself that it's MDMA using the appropriate testers, and then measure your dose accordingly. In my personal opinion, it's the most beautiful ecstacy experience. Clear headed, floaty, airy, loved up and luscious.
BigTrancer :)

on the east cost of australia there is a shitload of powder going around and almost no pills.
Last pill i seen in the north was blue skys, but they are pox compared to some of the powder going around.
but also remember powder is powder without a tester and like everything most of the time its cut with something.
also just because the MDMA is not pressed into a pill doesn't mean its better, i mean its still MDMA, it may just get into your system quicker, just like crushing up a pill and putting it in some toilet paper and dropping.
stick to ya pills they are the same if they contain MDMA.
[ 02 August 2002: Message edited by: DeMenTia02 ]

Okay, I'd understand if taking pure powder would seem "cleaner" but would it actually result in a different high? I mean, if you (theoretically) take a pill that is just MDMA with the usual binders and crush it up before consuming or take an amount of pure MDMA powder equal to the amount in the pill, why would there be any difference? Do binders actually affect the action of the drug on the body? Or do the binders themself actually have slight effects on the body?
Or is it just a placebo effect?

Fetish-Jester: I think u will find the powder is generally of higher quality, or at least cleaned up more, so it will sell.
If we could be a fly on the wall in some criminal lab it would not surprise me if the substance going into the pills is dirtier; it may even be a paste.
As has been discussed extensively on this site, the quality of meth can range enormously from shoddy brown paste to beautiful crystallised "glass" or
"ice". Whilst MDMA producers would be more skilled overall it will still be the case that one batch of pills may be pressed using high grade MDMA powder and another with lower grade dirty "paste". The dosage in each pill could still be the same, as a greater quantity of "paste" is likely to be available and thus it evens out.
The "pure" powder pills are MDMA + binder but the "paste" ones are MDMA + binder + (God knows what crap is still in here or has been formed in the reaction and who knows what effect it will have) = messy (assuming NO added psychoactives in pill bar MDMA)
So thats my take; no one will buy MDMA powder unless its high grade; no one can see what went into the pills especially when they are coloured and thus higher grades arent always needed. Of course one day a pill will come along thats very special indeed and its simply due to not only the amount in it, but the quality of the MDMA that made it.
Powder is often cut down and for MDMA this is not good at all as u must have that threshold dose; and as its clean u generally need more. So if u are not careful it will turn into an expensive exercise.
Always test the powder and if the reaction isnt IMMEDIATELY (like in light speed) to JET black with fizzing send it back.
[ 02 August 2002: Message edited by: Biscuit ]

ok........happy, floaty, fresh....clean is the only way to explain it I reckon. It's short lasting, I need at least 200mg of pure crystal to get me going good. Worth trying at least once, but I think it helps if your an experienced MDMA user, you need to be in the right frame of mind for it to work properly.

The powder experience is odd in that you feel more fucked, but less fucked at the same time. In that the euphoria and loved up feelings are stronger, but you're not as head fucked and physical side effects are not as pronounced.
As to how this can be, I'm quite lost. It stands to reason that when people are pressing MDMA into pills they're purchasing it in large enough quantites that it should be of decent enough quality. If not in every occasion then certainly in some.
The only theories I have are: Could the binders have some effect? Could the heat/pressure of pressing the pills have some effect? These don't seem likely.
My other theory is that pills are often a cocktail of a number of MDXX substances, not just MDMA, or MDA or MDEA etc. But a combination of one or more. The powder is more likely not to be mixed with other active substances even if it is cut.
Also, surprisingly in my experience powder tends to be slightly cheaper than pills, making it even more of a treasure. I'm guessing because no one's had to go to the considerable effort to press it. And I guess its harder to sell than pills, because while everyone wants the powder, its harder to trust it than recognized brands.

Some irregularities between reports on different types of high dose MDMA tablets may be partially explained by binders interfering with absorption. It is reasonable to expect such tablet formulations may result in the effect being less intense but lasting longer. Not the same as a gelatin cap of pure MDMA powder which within moments of the cap dissolving is all absorbed and on its was to its target receptors.
I recently saw some powder tested with E1 and E2. It showed immediate reaction, liberating HCl gas with marquis. Without any binder to inhibit or interfere, the reaction is fast - the way you’d expect. These caps were said to be 150mg doses, just a little slightly moist crystal mass, slightly brownish in colour. I never tried one, but reports were total thumbs up.
The other thing not to forget with powder is the ease of adulteration. 120mg, as mentioned is a small amount in a 00 cap; just bigger than a match head. Caps filled to the brim with white powder are unlikely to be pure MDMA.

The best thing about powder is that you get to dose yourself. What I mean is if your after that perfect 2mg/kg measure then you do it yourself.
I do have to say that thats its more of a head fuck (But not a bad one) Than a body fuck.
I've had a few times and its never put me on my ass but it has sent my brain to Jupiter.

Generally the big pressers of MDMA pills are the ones synthesising their own MDMA, not buying it from other sources - thus they control the quality not anyone else.
I really do not know why powder often feels different to pills. But what is certain is that excluding the effects of absorption, (which would play a large part), the quality of MDMA is the only answer.
If the pill has other drugs in it along with MDMA then it cannot be compared to MDMA powder. That comparison is pointless - if u have a MDMA pill followed a line of K, it will of course change the effects of your MDMA pill.
There are many pills out there that do not contain anything (see dancesafe) except MDMA plus impurities; and thus thats the only real variable which differs. Its always a variable in EVERY pill and EVERY sample of powder as each different batch will contain different impurities in differing amounts.
No pill or powder contains 100% pharmaceutical grade MDMA! Impurities are ALWAYS present and individual batches are never the same.
When i talk about quality i mean how close it really is to 100%. 80% is still good quality, a buyer wouldnt complain, but its not as good as 95% is it? And it may well be that those 15% of impurities do alter the subjective effects beyond a trivial amount.
My inference was that perhaps in general the quality of powder is better than the quality of a lot of pills and this is the reason for cleaner, more loved up effects people report.
That last idea may well be wrong, but all that proceeds it is not.

Generally the big pressers of MDMA pills are the ones synthesising their own MDMA, not buying it from other sources - thus they control the quality not anyone else.
I do wonder how you can say this with any certainty.
In his book 'E is for Ecstasy', Nicholas Saunders goes into a fair amount of detail on the matter of manufacture and distribution. He did alot of research and interviewed many people from various sections of the hierachy including ex-manufacturers. The conclusions he reached were that generally those making MDMA were not pressing the pills. Admittedly his study was in Europe, however I'm sure many of the basic principles apply.
[ 05 August 2002: Message edited by: Plague Bearer ]

In my experience, the powder rushes you harder and quicker, probably because of the absorbtion rate, I prefer the powder, you don't have to chop pills that way :)
Oh, I'm in Melbourne aswell.

Nice post biscuit! :D
I can vouch for the presence of MDMA powder in Sydney...
My experience was extremely euphoric, smooth & consisted of totally textbook MDMA effects... So yes, it's out there... You just gotta know the right people. It kicked my arse, and it kicks the arse off any pill I've ever found in Sydney, that's for sure.
:)

Plague Bearer: point taken; i am certainly not going to argue with Mr. Saunders.
Although i have seen footage of a lab in Holland which was busted with all the relevant chemicals and state of the art pill pressers. But as u said maybe thats out of the ordinary and not the norm.
If what Nick says is true, it builds a case for increasing numbers of combo pills u would imagine.
Whatever the case, imo the point still stands: if the pill contains only MDMA and all the effects of absorption between pills and powder are taken into account, then any differences OBJECTIVELY between the two have to come down to purity. There are certainly pills out there that are highly pure, but there are many ones, as we would all know, that are rather poor. (yet show no obvious signs of containing anything else)
Powder on the other hand, provided it hasnt been stamped on before you get it, generally seems of very good quality, at times too good.
Perhaps the concluding findings should be that the variation of pills is always greater than powder as would be expected. Both due to the prescence of other chemicals in pills and possibly purity.
I am sure people have had pills out there that feel EXACTLY like powder but their memory of them gets lost in all those other pills they have downed; but on the rare occasion u get to try powder the experience in all its often glorious details is remembered. :)

this is a relevant quote from this thread in the pill testing forum:
easy e: from what I know from the scene here in Holland: people with presses do not necessarily own the powder, they often act as a contractor.. It is a whole different league to have a pill press factory that to have a powder production site. Also in the case of a bust of either one it would minimise loss of equipment.

easy e is one of the guys from EZ Test, so chances are he might have some local knowledge of such things ;)

EDIT: just fixing up formatting that got eaten by the new software.

Last edited:
To go slightly off topic, I am just wondering how many pills have been tested to see exactly what is the content within. I have often wondered if pills have been a mixture of various MDxx substances as well as/or with other amphetamines added. Just thinking about the pressing process and costs of various substances I sometimes wonder if the people pressing are mixing substances to make things cheaper or 'stretch' the MDxx further. Also it is easier to make MDA than MDMA (unless I am getting totally confused and side-tracked) and the overall effect is two-fold for the quantity added.
So pose the question: Why not add 20mg of MDA to 50mg MDMA plus binders into the mixture when pressing? The pills will still pass any of the simple test as MDMA being the major content of the pill and consumers will feel a 'strong' or 'mashy' effect of the pill and think it was the strongest MDMA pill they have ever consumed.
Uh yeah. Find a point within somewhere and continue to discuss.
:)

I was bored so I dug up this thread and decided to make a pro-powder rant. I wish MDMA was just sold as powder.

The problem with pills:

*Pills are shitty to snort, yet many people like to snort MDMA/MDxx

*Because it's the only recreational drug that is expected in this form, bunk pills are easy to pass of as the real thing

*With powder, you won't accidentally have too much, as you know 100mg's has at most 100mg's of MDMA, ie. you can measure your dose

*though debatable, I think that you would be much less likely to end up with a drug other than MDxx (when you consider that smack, speed, K etc. is hardly ever cut with active substances)

*Pills require relatively large amounts of fillers/binders/dyes, making them harder to identify than powder as MDxx by reagent reaction or taste (I know taste test isn't perfect, but it's served me well for years when a tester hasn't been available)

*I don't want or need a bunch of chalk and/or whatever else is required to make a tablet

*Most other drugs are sold as a powder/crystal, so why the fuck shouldn't MDxx be?

*Copycat pills make for easy money for dodgy dealers

*Pills are harder to conceal and transport, given the volume used up by fillers/binders

Powder is easy to cut which is bad, but given the amount of dodgy pills that go around, I don't think the situation would end up any worse.
I've had people say that pills are good because you can recognise the logo and know what they are like, but that's often bullshit, shitty copycat pills are commonplace.
IMO, providing you have a reliable dealer the quality of powder is likely to stay reasonably consistent as any cuts that may be present are likely to be at consistent ratio and with an inert substance, as with other powders.
If it started to get sold as crystal, (like what happened with meth) you'd get the best of both worlds, all the benefits of powder while being uncuttable by your average Joe. (and we could smoke it with our meth;))

I just don't see why it should be in pills, it makes no sense to me. Heaps of people snort it, and I'd bet a whole lot more would were it not in tablet form. I don't see any compelling reason why it should be in a different form than meth, given that I've seen all the same methods of administration used for MDMA in the lovely periods that I've had access to powder. The high from powder has always seemed better too, possible reasons for this are discussed thoroughly in the thread, so I won't bother commenting.
You may argue that the reason it is sold as a tablet is that most people like to eat it, but perhaps most people like to eat it because it's sold as a tablet ;)
You can eat powder anyway, so bring on the molly!