Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

first time on meth

djwombat81au

Bluelighter
On the weekend i had meth for the first time. I took the whole point at once. I was energetic for like 12 hrs! i was wondering, next time i do it, will it be shorter lasting (obviously) but for how long?

who knows? this is a piece of string question....
who knows what quality of meth you have next time? who knows if it will even be meth, maybe it will be amphetamine? who knows what you had for dinner this time, and the next time?
and your question makes me think that you think you will develop a tolerance to meth after just one go. is this correct? tolerance isn't the issue with meth in the same way it is with MDMA.

DJwombat: If it's the same stuff, then it should affect you just the same, all things being equal. However, more often than not, all things are not equal - I'm alluding to 'set and setting' which is an overriding influence on many drug experiences. In general, the set and setting of an experience seems to affect psychedelics more than stimulants or sedatives, but I believe that it is important to consider these factors.
The 'set' part refers to your overall body and mindset. This means your state of mind, your state of health, and your overall wellbeing. This will vary from day to day, meaning that even with identical drugs, the experience may vary from time to time.
The 'setting' part refers to your location and how comfortable you are when having a drug experience in that place. If you're in a safe and comfy location such as in your own home, the experience may be entirely different to having a drug experience somewhere that you feel nervous, uncomfortable, or vulnerable. Factors such as the temperature, other people, ambience and your familiarity with the situation will play a big part in how the drugs affect you mentally.
Of course, then the quality of drugs can vary hugely between sources, and even between batches of chemicals. Storage/lab conditions, care taken while manufacturing, availability of precursors and funding/time available to the chemist will affect the quality of the end product.
That being said, you'll probably notice that a point of meth should affect you similarly from time to time... if in doubt about the quality of a new product, start with less than half your normal amount. You can always take more if it's not doing enough, but it's hard to remove an excessive dose from your body after you've taken it.
BigTrancer :)

What JB says about meth tolerance is worth noting. The degree and type of neurotransmitter depletion seen with MDMA is not the same as with Meth. The dopamine (meth affected) system is robust and much less easily depleted than the serotonin (MDMA affected) system.
You can pump the dopamine system for some time, and although tolerance from continual dosing occurs quickly, dopamine (DA) is (for most people) easily and quickly synthesized in the body, so it is usually topped up before your next monthly spell. So if you take the same quality/ strength meth irregularly, without intentionally trying to progressively up the dose, little if any tolerance is likely to develop in the short term.
However, everyday or even every week use for some people is way too much. For these people DA depletion as well as other factors such as increases in receptor and enzyme density may contribute to a more severe comedown and increased tolerance. Dopamine, besides many other functions, is the reward molecule, so being without it isn’t much fun.
Everyone is different. I know a girl who claims she still has a meth tolerance after being away from it for years. Once a heavy user, she now finds with any “once in a blue moon indulgence” she still requires a big dose > 1 point to get her off.
Some people also have a really low tolerance to meth, or at least to psychological problems associated. Personally I feel a single point of high purity meth is a lot to take for a newbie.
If you do meth, please read the relevant threads on this board.
See Search results:
http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/search.php?term=amphetamine&forum=35&scope=subject&submit=Search
Amphetamines in this country are generally impure substances, but even pure is far from harmless. Meth is addictive so watch your use, and don’t base your dose frequency on old 3 x a day users. Someone may look ok on the outside, but their real state of health may be reflected by organ, vascular or immunological insufficiencies.
Learn about the drug and its effects; how it’s made, and what’s likely to be in it.

Regarding types of tolerance, would fast learners have higher tolerance from less? What I mean is, would the feeling become familiar to them too soon so they become bored with it and require more?
New Scientist had an article a while ago on how intelligent people are more likely to have a drink because they quickly learn to associate that foul tasting amber liquid with a pleasurable feeling. I wonder if this could be carried over to addictive personalities and "intellectual" tolerance.
Obviously "intellectual", "fast learner" and "intelligent" are all subjective terms and open to interpretation.
I've recently seen a friend slip into speed addiction in the space of a few weeks. She is one of the most intelligent people I know (no self discipline though) but feels she needs it to do anything now. She learned early on that running around for 3 hours looking for that dirty smelly powder or sludge (not very pure here) then mixing it up and pumping it into her vein gave her a very nice feeling. Now that takes up most of her life.
Back on topic, though. djwombat81au: it will be lacking the newness factor, but it depends on you really. The effects could be identical, but it may not feel like it if you already know what to expect. However, I doubt there will be much of a problem after only 1 time.

/\/\/\/\/\
And THAT is why we have bluelight folks!!
johnboy,BigTrancer,phase_dancer,SeveredPsyche and the rest are always ready with knowledgeable answers