Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill + Anti Depressant

payaya

Bluelighter
Hey everyone, just say your on anti depressants, for some medical reason, is it safe to take a pill or isnt it recommended?
thanks

More information - exactly what antidepressents?
One will make the pills not work, and another will almost kill you...

I remember seeing this on TV a couple of years ago. I don't think i had even droppen then but they were stressing it so much that i remembered. MDMA and anti-depressants are pretty much a deadly mix. I can't really remember what chemicals clash and what reaction occurs but there is a main chance you'll be hospitalised.

SpEEdoze, please don't post erroneous information especially with statements like "I can't really remember what chemicals clash and what reaction occurs". If you don't know, either search and find or stay quiet. There's a huge amount of information on this site (and a link to the FAQ in the post above yours) and what you wrote was not helpful at all. There are several different groups of anti-depressants and they interact in very different ways with MDMA. A vaguely remembered TV program(well, it must be right, I saw it on TV...) is NOT a good source for someone seeking medical information...
[ 04 August 2002: Message edited by: trog ]

I can't believe that that was posted right after BigTrancer had linked to fairnymph's brilliant (and 5,573 word long) FAQ. That's all I'll say, trog said the rest...

i took a drug called paxtine (containing paroxetine for treatment of depressive disorder) for bout 3 months but stoped taking them(about 2 months ago)becaus of the side effects. the worst being that it kills the roll on E. Ive have some good pills over the past few months (blue sky, versace(all colours)) to name a few and havent peaked since befor i started taking paxtine, i still get mild effects from pills, as if id had a 1/4 of a pill, but never even close to the intence feelings i used to get. it really pisses me off, does anyone out there know how long this shit is going to last in my system?????????and will i ever peak again????

ok ill answer my own question(should of found befor i posted the first time)
MDMA/Ecstasy (includes MDA, MDEA etc): It is NOT POSSIBLE TO ROLL while taking an SSRI!(in my case paxtine) It is a COMPLETE and UTTER WASTE OF YOUR MONEY! Basically, SSRIs “block” the part of your brain where the MDMA needs to go in order to get you high; and since MDMA can’t get in there, you won’t be able to get high. You might experience some weak “speedy” effects from high doses of MDMA, but you will not be able to truly “roll”.
Do NOT stop taking your SSRI so that you can roll. First of all, even if you stop taking it for a few days, it is unlikely that you will fully be able to roll. It takes much longer than a few days for all the SSRI (and its metabolites and effects) to leave your body (read above under “metabolism&#8221 ;) . Second, you can get VERY SICK (withdrawal symptoms, depression, etc) if you stop taking your medicine. I strongly suggest that you give up rolling while you are taking an SSRI.
fuck i wish i knew this 6 months ago!!!! would of never taken the shit.

You do now.... better late than never... (unless it's too late)

Glad to see you found your answers JimmE. That was pretty much what most of us would have said once we knew that you were on SSRI anti-depressants. The reason Pleonastic asked what kind of anti-depressants you were on, is because there's another class of drugs called MonoAmine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOI) which can act as anti-depressants. If you're on MAOIs then taking MDMA at the same time is usually hazardous, and potentially fatal.
With SSRIs, at best, you risk wasting your money as the MDMA won't make you peak and roll... at worst, you can induce Serotonin Syndrome (a potentially fatal condition).
NOTE: Please NEVER take 5-HTP with SSRIs, as you increase the chance of developing serotonin syndrome by basically putting too much serotonin into your brain. SSRIs slow down the reuptake of serotonin, 5-HTP increases production, so we can see how that might occur.
Cheers, BigTrancer :)

JimmE --
You should be able to roll normally again in a few months, possibly less. But I would wait at least two months more before trying to roll again.
I was on another SSRI, prozac, for only 2 months and I had to wait 5 months before I could roll again. Prozac is the worst in this respect, though, because it stays around in your body for far longer than the other SSRIs.