Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Shabs?

Sowle

Bluelighter
Hi, I am in the sydney area and a friend told me he could get shabs. I always thought that shabs referred to speed but he informed me that it doesn't(though he also said that he did not really know anything about shabs). Could someone please tell me what shabs does/is.
Thankyou very much :)

Maybe he was talking about Shabu? From my understanding it is a stimulant of some kind.
Also called ice or 4-MAR (short for 4-methylaminorex.) There was some excellent info in this thread
And of course erowid has a page on it here.
Hope that sheds some light on whatever "shabs" is.

Be aware that many people don't know that there is a difference between 4-MAR and meth/amphetamines. I suggest testing your substance with Marquis reagent. If it results in an orange colour change, then it's likely to be speed or methamphetamine... if not, it may be something else altogether, perhaps 4-MAR.
BigTrancer :)

Shabu is methamphetamine. It's street slang in (I think) Indonesia, but some part of southeast Asia or Polynesia anyway - maybe Fiji - where it is widely used. It's usually smoked as far as I know.
Due to immigration Shabu as a term is becoming more widely used in Australia nowadays, depending on the subculture you move in.
The street term "speed" in Oz refers to both amphetamine and methamphetamine, so you are quite correct in assuming that shabs means speed.
The term "Ice" in Australia usually refers to very pure recrystallised methamphetamine.
4-MAR is quite a different chemical with somewhat similar effects to methampetamine. In the USA 4-MAR is known as "Ice", although sometimes methamphetamine is called Ice there too. I don't believe that 4-MAR is available in Australia, at least not widely, but I'm open to correction.
In Erowid there are images of methampetamine crystals and 4-MAR. They look very similar indeed. The meth crystals tend to look like shards of clear glass (hence sometimes also known as "glass") while the 4-MAR shards are more opaque to white in colour.
[ 31 July 2002: Message edited by: D&AWg ]

Hrmmm... Looks like we've got a variancy in terms here.
Where I am in Sydney, "ice" and "shabu" technically refer to 4-MAR. However, due to difficulties obtaining 4-methylaminorex and people substituting methamphetamine for it, in practice those two terms usually mean methamphetamine...
If someone doesn't know what 4-MAR is, and they're offering you ice/shabu, go elsewhere and ask for methamphetamine - chances are you'll get the same stuff at a far cheaper price.
D&AWg, 4-MAR is available in Australia. It's all about knowing the right people.
:)