Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fantasy reports in the AGE and the HERALD - MELB

bunny

Bluelighter
Two reports of recent 'overdoses' at the prince albert hospital.
'FANTASY'
One said river phoenix DIED from fantasy, yet one states he died of a cocktail of drugs which included GHB. One said five men were admitted over three days on life support... the other said four men and one woman were admitted for 24 hours on life support.
I wish newspapers would get their facts staright before they report. No wonder no one beleives the papers these days.
I couldnt get access to the news online.
When I have some time tomorrow, I'll type up the two reports. Also info HERE
I think, from reading the reports, they should research and measure what they have and the size of their doses before they jump into it. I think GHB can be enjoyable when armed with the right info and knowledge of what and how to do it.
Plus, for all the numb nuts who 'swig' it, a dose cup only costs $1.00 from safeway :)
[ 26 July 2002: Message edited by: blufluffybunny ]

No wonder no one beleives the papers these days.
i think part of the problem is some people believe what they read in the paper, especially in relation to drugs, has anyone ever called GHB grevious bodily harm? im assumming some journo just mad it up when they got the acronym round the wrong way (GHB / GBH)

For $2.95... from a chemist.. you can get a little pack with a 10ml syringe and a 2 ml syringe and a 5ml measuring spoon.
Too easy!!

Dogah... I remember reading in the paper (so make of it what you will) a *long* time ago, when GHB was first brough to public attention, that it was given the nickname 'grevious bodily harm' from paramedics treating overdoses at the time.

I read an article on GHB and other drugs in the Weekend Australian; i dont have it here sorry but it did contain what i considered to be an INEXCUSABLE mistake.
The journo actually referred to GHB as not only GBH but as a "dangerous type of AMPHETAMINE"??!!?!!
Later on they said GHB was gamma hydroxy butyrate and a depressant; if they know these things then how on Earth can they make such a ridiculous mistake; its laughable, as even if you knew nothing about drugs or chemistry you should at least figure out that all amphetamines contain 'amphetamine' in their name and that they are generally stimulants, not depressants.
People have no place writing articles on things they are GROSSLY misinformed in.

NB: A dose cup doesn't magically tell you when the concentration is stronger, it merely gives you an idea of how much of the liquid you are consuming, not REALLY protecting you that much.
The newspapers print what people want to read.
-plaz out-

hello all who have reacted to this post...I am very interested in talking to you as part of a LaTrobe university research project on Drugs and the Media. I'm not dodgy despite the appalling pun of my nick-name...I know a certain Administrator quite well if you dont believe me. If you would like to participate (it is only an under-grad thing) then please email me at [email protected] for more info. Needless to say I cant pay you anything and it would be questionaire/focus group type stuff. Well, I could probably buy you a beer or something. Totally up to you. Melbournites preferred, but whatever.

I remember quite a while back i read an article og GHB in the UK ministry mag. They also referred to it as Grievous Bodily Harm, but it was a funny article. It appears as though the repoter actually did take the drug, and it was kind of a road test. funny.

Biscuit: the weekend australian was referring to fanta in which it has "amphetamine-like side-effects" ie increased blood pressure and heart rate, euphoria, sweating and increased body temperature etc.