Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

some food for thought

magic carp

Bluelighter
this is not to flame anyone, its just an observation of a prevailing attitude amongst members here, and indeed amongst many drug users.
we all talk about the bias of researchers who argue against drug use, without acknowledging the fact that we are all biased. we dismiss the viewpionts of others, despite the research, and in many cases we are the ppl that this author is talking about. By not accepting there are good points AND bad points about all drugs, many users make themselves as bad as the "prohibitionists"
We, as drug users, represent one pole of the opinion, and as such must remember that we often dont actually give unbiased and fair information, just as governments and campaingers who argue against drug use also fail to do.

just an observation of a prevailing attitude amongst members hereI'm going to assume that was just poorly worded, and you meant to say "prevailing attitude amongst some members"... it's not fair to tar everyone with the same brush.
That aside - very few people ever are totally unbiased. And I'll agree that some people here are as blindly pro-drugs as the media is anti-drugs. But that's not the case for everyone on bluelight. It's just a matter of learning who to listen to.
I'd like to think that the goal of bluelight is to give out the information about drugs, acknowledging that there are actually good points as well as bad ones. I will more often that not point out to people why they should be careful with something. I never tell people not to do drugs, but I don't activly suggest people should do them either. Just because I've used drugs in the past, doesn't mean that I'm biased. I'll be the first one to tell you that pills aren't actually all that great - and in my opinion the risks aren't worth the benifits so I don't do them anymore. But I don't say that often, because people probably wouldn't listen to me if I did.
I'm rambling now though... I'd be interested to see what people have to say about this, because while your point is valid when applied to certain people, I think as a whole we're not that bad. :)

yep u are right. i didnt mean to paint everyone with the same brush, and i apoligise.

I hope this comes out right and hope no1 takes offence but i know that in my case and im sure in many others on this board that their biased "pro-stance" and the way they ignore the bad points is themselves justifying their own drug use. With that said and myself being a hell of a lot more stable theses days id still like to think of myself as pro drugs.
And of course nearly every1 is gonna be biased but thats what you need. Let the user decipher this wall of information that is bluelight and let them decide for themselves.
just my 2 cents.
ps im not sure how much sense i just made here sorry if its all dribble but work has been a bitch today!!!

Favorite all time quote:
There are three sides to every story. Yours, Mine, and the Truth.
--
MDMA-4-ALL (And a little quote to share for you)

I'm don't consider myself to be biased. I know the dangers of drug use, and also the positives. If someone wants to try a new drug then I would go through all the ups and downs. I know drugs are bad, but so is chocolate, but I'm not going to stop eating chocolate, and neither am I going to stop taking drugs.
Don't really know what I'm getting at, just random dribbles.