• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Party drug 'mini-epidemic' (The Australian 25/7)

killarava2day

Ex-Bluelighter
Party drug 'mini-epidemic'
July 25, 2002
HEALTH authorities have warned young people to be wary of a party drug which caused a mini-epidemic of overdoses in Melbourne's club scene at the weekend.
Victorian Health Minister John Thwaites today said a particularly dangerous batch of fantasy (gamma-hydroxybutyrate, also known as liquid ecstasy) had put five young men in the Alfred hospital last weekend.
And he joined the Alfred's director of emergency services, Associate Professor Mark Fitzgerald, in warning people against taking the potentially lethal drug this weekend.
"It's the sort of thing that people might be taking and they've just got no control over the effect it will have on them," Mr Thwaites said.
"If you've taken this you won't know what it's going to do to you - it could lead to an overdose or it could lead to death."
Prof Fitzgerald said people consumed the drug in liquid form, and if it had no effect they took more and then became unconscious.
He said there was no antidote for the drug, which was supposed to enhance sexual sensitivity.
But the five men who overdosed on the weekend were eventually revived by respirators.

Fair enough... looks like someone's dealing concentrate again - be careful everyone... :)

Thumbs up again for this line:
"If people are drinking and taking this drug then the effects can be tragic," [John Thwaites] saidBTW - purely out of interest, why was the angry face icon used on the initial post? This info all seems pretty valid to me - they said that you should be careful of your dose (although not explicitly stated, they said "be wary") and not drink alcohol with it. If this message is getting to the masses then this is a great thing... :)

Well they blame the drug rather than the users who should have been more carefull.
That makes me angry.

it must be the individual because i know a mate who had the same amount at the same time as one off the deep sleepers

say i know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who is dealing this shit. what can they/ should they do to stop this mfker ?

Originally posted by melbourne madness:
it must be the individual because i know a mate who had the same amount at the same time as one off the deep sleepers
Thats just it. The dosage is different for each and every person. Thats why it can be soo dangerous.
ANYONE thinking of taking GHB, PLEASE read up about it, and know your doses.
DJC*

FKDUPONXTC: are you for real or a troll? how can you turn around and call the dealer of a particular drug a "mthrfkr" just because the media has demonized the substance? you can see the irony in this can't you? i pray you can or there is no hope...

If you DO know of someone who comes into contact with concentrated GHB, GBL, or 1-4BDO, and you have any influence with them at all, please get them to dilute their product. They need lose no money, reputation or suffer any inconvenience besides having slightly more liquid to store on their premises. The risks associated with GHB-like products increase dramatically with concentration, because people often guess their doses (a very dangerous practice).
Say 'normal' dose of concentrate for avg person = 2mL.
Dilute 1:9 = Add 100mL concentrate to 900mL water.
Measure 20mL of diluted product = 18mL water + 2mL product.
Same dose, 10x volume.
Even something as simple as measuring out 100mL of concentrated product and adding that to 900mL water should result in an easy to use dose regime, wherein a 'slip' one way or another of a millilitre or two won't be fatal. If a 'normal' dose of concentrated product is 2mL, then a 'normal' dose of diluted product 1:9 as explained above will be 20mL. It will feel exactly the same as a 2mL dose of concentrate. Easier to measure, easier to calculate, less dangerous volume for volume.
Add to this that a diluted product won't turn into oily goop below 20 degrees like concentrated 1-4BDO will, and there are a few benefits to dilution. I know it's a temptation to always look for the highest concentration product because it's 'less tampered with' however, in the case of GHB-like drugs, the danger seems to outweigh the benefits of a concentrated product.
BigTrancer :)

HANDY HINT: Assuming you do know the concentration of your G but DON'T want to guesstimate your dose like many people do... pick up a needle-less 1ml syringe for a few cents from any pharmacy, slip it into your pocket and keep it handy to measure your dose accurately any time.
Far safer than splashing out a "capful" or so - it takes five of these little measuring syringes to fill one teaspoon, so you really can measure accurately and conveniently.
My 1ml worth... :) :)

"It's been reported to me that this is the drug that River Phoenix died of and so that just shows the results of taking this drug."
Did he die of a Heroine overdose?
A valid article none the less.

AFAIK River Pheonix did not die from GHB use. He definitly did do a lot of drugs that night but no traces of GHB were found in the autopsy. Of course it is almost impossible to detect GHB in an autopsy unless it is done immediately after death, so who really knows.
What killed River Pheonix? POLYDRUG USE. And if you aint careful it could kill you too.

Unfortunately, there's no full online version, but there was another story in the Weekend Austrlian. I got this, but not the full text.
Teens look to fad drugs  
The Weekend Australian , 27-07-2002 Pg: 011
TEENAGERS are being initiated into designer drugs at a younger age, police and researchers fear, citing a spate of teenage overdoses during the past six months. A two-year heroin drought has led to drug users turning to amphetamines such as ice and ecstacy, or a methyl amphetamine known as fantasy, that caused five overdoses in Melbourne last weekend, according to researchers...
[Boxed]
The New Club Drugs
Crystal: Also known as crystal meth, ice, shabu and methamphetamine. Gives the user a feeling of euphoria as well as nausea, anxiety, sweating, increased blood pressure and teeth grinding. Long term effects include siezures and irregular heartbeat.
Ketamine: Also known as Special K. Gives the user the feeling that their mind has left their body. Causes euphoria, hallucinations, confusion, dizziness, impaired motor co-ordination, nausea, vomiting and flashbacks. Highly addictive.
GHB: Also known as fantasy, liquid ecstasy, liquid e, grievous bodily harm, GBH and Georgia Home Boy. Gives the user a feeling of sexual euphoria and well-being but also causes drowsiness, nausea, vertigo, respiratory distress, seizure and death when mixed with other drugs.  
Oh yeah... Thanks for mentioning it D&WG. All size syringes are available (without neeldes) free of charge from your local needle and syringe program. You don"t have to worry about unsafe disposal laws, as there is no needle involved. Measuring-out the dose is a big part of the problem, me thinks. Do people know what 2ml looks like? Often not, it seems.
[ 29 July 2002: Message edited by: hardup ]

Thanks hardup; this is the article i made mentioned of in blufluffy's GHB/media thread that i couldnt find.
Yes GHB, also known as 'fantasy' which apparently is "a methyl-amphetamine"
What a doozy that one is.
They mention ketamine is highly addictive but dont say the same for GHB and crystal. hmm, run out of bad things to say about K did they?
I suggest this reporter research the demographics of users of amphetamines, particularly MDMA, before commenting anymore on this matter...as it appears we bluelighters and other teenagers turned to designer drugs like MDMA when the endless search for heroin just got too much?
What a joke.