Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pill testing results - I'm a bit confused

ami

Bluelighter
Hi all! It's been like 2 years since I've posted anything here or have taken any drugs, so I've basically forgotten everything about them!
I got these blue "SKY" pills off a friend because he wanted me to test it for him. I still have my E test and E2 test from ages ago (Do they expire? they're like 1 - 2 years old)
my E1 test result: Bubbling heaps, then to a dark purple (I'm guessing that's an MDXX reaction)
my E2 test result: Bright bluey aqua - I dont recall ever seeing a bright blue reaction before - what does it mean?
I don't intend to touch drugs ever again, but I still encourage my friends to test their pills all the time.
Thanks for your help! BTW, the board looks really good now! I don't really see anymore familiar names apart from Johnboy - oh well!

Sounds to me like your pill testers have expired... The E1 testers have a shelf-life of around 6 months, and the E2 testers are a bit longer, but I make a habit of replacing my testers every 6 months to ensure their accuracy. Also, storing them in a dark, cool place will help to extend their lifetimes.
The expired testers would also explain the strange test results you got.

which site can I buy the Australian E test? I can only find the EZ Test site... was it enlighten or something?

Hiya ami - long time no see :)
You should be able to find Australian E testers at most bong shops. I'm sure someone else (whoisnotonholidaysandjustusinganinternetcafebecauseitslicensed-
andthebeersareoneeurowhilsthisgirlfriendisasleep) might be able to dig up a link with a lot more comprehensive list of outlets.
Bright blue with your E2 sounds a bit odd, and yes I'd agree with the expired testers theory
[Edit: Hyphenated yo' ass for those of us without 1200+ resolution ;) . BigTrancer]
[ 16 July 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

heyya Soma! I hope you're having fun! I've never really seen the testers on sale in Sydney, only melbourne.... oh well I guess I can look harder!

Ami, You can get testers at Central Station Records on Oxford St.
About $50.

ami: looks like everyone's sorted you out before i got here.
hi anyways! *waves*

The E2 would have definitely gone off - hence the blue reaction.
Whilst the E1 has indeed gone "off" a long time ago (the formaldehyde in it has oxidised to other chemicals and the fluid will look brown) the sulphuric acid responsible for the bulk of the tester and the purple-black MDXX reaction is still ok for that basic test.
U should get another fresh one though, even better order an Xtreme, but if u had nothing else bar your E1, u can rely on it cautiously.

Ok, now I really feel out-of-the-scene... What's the Xtreme that biscuit is talking about? Is it like E1 and E2 combined??
*waves back*

Not quite... the Xtreme tester includes the marquis reagent (e1), as well as other different testers... these other ones can tell the difference between primary and secondary amines - so you can tell if what you have is MDMA or MDA, amphetamine or methamphetamine, etc...
More info at eztest.com
:)
[ 17 July 2002: Message edited by: Pleonastic ]